GREENBACK FOOTBALL

cherokean

Same here,congrats to Satterfield.That name has been a household word in TN football for decades.From covering Bill as he made Vonore a powerhouse years ago with those epic games against Walland trading wins year end year out made Fridays special.Then a championship at GB with other Sattys playing at UT.Now, yet another has made the SHOW.Wow,Temple sure ain't no UTC.This is sports page headline stuff.Way to go ,man.               Now on to my two cents.For someone to be so self absorbed to dub themselves "East Tennessee Football Expert" is an LOL"knee-slapper" and especially when he goes up against a certain Ladykee.I met her at Midway last week and found she knows as much roundball as pigskin."Expert", I believe you're peein' north into a southern gale when you call her out.Frankly,she's forgot more sets,schemes,formations and an eye for talent than you ever will.Go buy a book written in the late 50's named "How to coach high school football" by a legendary Tellico Plains coach named Bill Spurling who mentored Bill Stratton to ,and beyond the NFL.I've said my piece.Now all of you can hammer me as always.I'm waiting.But if we're placing bets,my money's on the Lady.She can't help it if she birthed the best dang QB in both Reg.1 and 2,with all-state numbers,surrounded by five skill players.I think any QB that's had four head coaches in eight months and lands in Cookville on championship day,win or lose,ought to be an all-stater.Don't give that "not all-state caliber"crap. 

That is not saying much about Lady Kee, because if she thinks her son is all-state then she doesn't know much football. A good player, just not all-state caliber. 

I doubt it unless they get more quality transfers.

Same here,congrats to Satterfield.That name has been a household word in TN football for decades.From covering Bill as he made Vonore a powerhouse years ago with those epic games against Walland trading wins year end year out made Fridays special.Then a championship at GB with other Sattys playing at UT.Now, yet another has made the SHOW.Wow,Temple sure ain't no UTC.This is sports page headline stuff.Way to go ,man.               Now on to my two cents.For someone to be so self absorbed to dub themselves "East Tennessee Football Expert" is an LOL"knee-slapper" and especially when he goes up against a certain Ladykee.I met her at Midway last week and found she knows as much roundball as pigskin."Expert", I believe you're peein' north into a southern gale when you call her out.Frankly,she's forgot more sets,schemes,formations and an eye for talent than you ever will.Go buy a book written in the late 50's named "How to coach high school football" by a legendary Tellico Plains coach named Bill Spurling who mentored Bill Stratton to ,and beyond the NFL.I've said my piece.Now all of you can hammer me as always.I'm waiting.But if we're placing bets,my money's on the Lady.She can't help it if she birthed the best dang QB in both Reg.1 and 2,with all-state numbers,surrounded by five skill players.I think any QB that's had four head coaches in eight months and lands in Cookville on championship day,win or lose,ought to be an all-stater.Don't give that "not all-state caliber"crap. 

One of my buddies I work with is from Greenback and says that the Greenback coaches believe  Satterfield is above Greenback now. He is a big city boy now. Is that what the Greenback parents and grandparents think too? Will Satterfield try and talk to the kids about playing college ball instead of bolting for the NFL?

Ding, Ding...Marcus Satterfield will be introduced, if I read it correctly, at 10:00am CST today as the new Head Coach of TN Tech Golden Eagles...What a great accomplishment, Congrats to Marcus and his family.

If you happen not to see Marcus's introduction Press Conference from Monday...the link is below.

https://youtu.be/BbGrwVBKRZA

Edited by cherokean

Man,ETFX, you're a real piece of work.You sure hate GB and all associated with it.Some of your  garbage may be true but you've got a mighty hateful way of saying it.Take your BS and write Ann Landers.She'll send you to a nice anger management class.

I just tell the truth. I hear you all recruited another player from Alcoa. My buddy likes giving them info, he just laughs about it all. 

• Upvote 1

They will be getting them unless they have already gotten them. Greenback has a great shot at another silver ball in 2016. They are the team to beat in the east.

I've heard a rumor or 2 but I've learned to never pay much attention to rumors.But with the new school .nice facilities and going to the state, I could see kids wanting to transfer in. With 3 or 4 difference makers they might just get the Gold ball.

I've let this simmer now for a few days...

I find it hard to believe that the GB coaches think Marc is above Greenback now...Cause basically there's four coaches on staff, which makes up a very large portion of the coaching staff, that knows him pretty well...three out of the four were even FB teammates of Satt's during HS and one of those three was even a teammate with him again during college.

So to me, it sounds like your buddy maybe...or is blowing smoke up your @#$.

My buddy doesn't lie. At least he never has before. You might ask the coaches what they think if it upsets you so much. Could just be some jealousy, because Satterfield has hit it big. How much does Satterfield visit Greenback? 

• Upvote 1