GREENBACK FOOTBALL

cherokean

don't have a dog in the fight but i was wondering what ya'll think about the co-head coaches again for this year?  i know and understand why it was done this past season, but don't get it for this up coming season.  i was at the state championship game and it seemed to me that nobody was really in charge of the team on the sidelines.  i saw a player coming off the field taking his helmet off acting like a prima dona or spoiled brat and then during half time warm-ups, most, if not all the starters/cool guys were standing around on the sidelines while the rest of the "team" was out on the field doing a "team stretch".  the old saying about quarterbacks is that "if you have 2 you ain't got none". i think the same could be said about co-head coaches as well. yes, i know people are gonna say "they made it to the state championship game" but somebody/bodies have to take charge of those kids.  thanks for allowing me to say my peace-good luck to the Cherokees

don't have a dog in the fight but i was wondering what ya'll think about the co-head coaches again for this year? i know and understand why it was done this past season, but don't get it for this up coming season. i was at the state championship game and it seemed to me that nobody was really in charge of the team on the sidelines. i saw a player coming off the field taking his helmet off acting like a prima dona or spoiled brat and then during half time warm-ups, most, if not all the starters/cool guys were standing around on the sidelines while the rest of the "team" was out on the field doing a "team stretch". the old saying about quarterbacks is that "if you have 2 you ain't got none". i think the same could be said about co-head coaches as well. yes, i know people are gonna say "they made it to the state championship game" but somebody/bodies have to take charge of those kids. thanks for allowing me to say my peace-good luck to the Cherokees

Well I agree and a fellow team mate of mine from the 80's and I have discussed the same thing about warm ups,they should all be together as far as I'm concerned.Haven't figured that one out.This I'm sure will be the last of the co-head coaching years as Ryan will have enough tenure on the sidelines to take the Captains job because he is not a school employee and his five yr(counting his stint at Seq)time frame will be up.Coach Kil had to take it knowing that Ryan wants the reins.As far as the other stuff I too hope it gets a little more disciplined on the sidelines and on the field myself.Just My Opinion tho!

Well I agree and a fellow team mate of mine from the 80's and I have discussed the same thing about warm ups,they should all be together as far as I'm concerned.Haven't figured that one out.This I'm sure will be the last of the co-head coaching years as Ryan will have enough tenure on the sidelines to take the Captains job because he is not a school employee and his five yr(counting his stint at Seq)time frame will be up.Coach Kil had to take it knowing that Ryan wants the reins.As far as the other stuff I too hope it gets a little more disciplined on the sidelines and on the field myself.Just My Opinion tho!

orngnblk-that makes a little more sense (as far as the co-head coach).  so ya'll got a transfer from alcoa? what position?

orngnblk-that makes a little more sense (as far as the co-head coach). so ya'll got a transfer from alcoa? what position?

I think the feller is referring to the fullbacks(who is graduating)little brother.He has been there for three seasons now so I wouldn't call him a transfer.Expert gets a little confused sometimes.

Well I agree and a fellow team mate of mine from the 80's and I have discussed the same thing about warm ups,they should all be together as far as I'm concerned.Haven't figured that one out.

Now OnB you know a fellar has gotta have time to check his taped up stripes on his belt between halves, can't let football get in the way of looking good :roflol:

• Upvote 1

Now OnB you know a fellar has gotta have time to check his taped up stripes on his belt between halves, can't let football get in the way of looking good :roflol:

I personally haven't understood why they don't stretch together at halftime but, I am amazed at the details that some of you guys pick up on even when it doesn't pertain to your team. Remember you can please some of the people some of the time but, you can't please all the people all the time.lol