GREENBACK FOOTBALL

cherokean

Ding, Ding...Marcus Satterfield will be introduced, if I read it correctly, at 10:00am CST today as the new Head Coach of TN Tech Golden Eagles...What a great accomplishment, Congrats to Marcus and his family.

An acorn don't fall far from the tree.Hope he does well.

An acorn don't fall far from the tree.Hope he does well.

Thx old buddy!I kinda thought after the year he had he could be like The Jeffersons-Movin on up!Congrats to Marcus and his family.If you ever get to talk to him ask him who the big gallut was that broke his leg in tackling drills!😯 Edited by orngnblk

Same here,congrats to Satterfield.That name has been a household word in TN football for decades.From covering Bill as he made Vonore a powerhouse years ago with those epic games against Walland trading wins year end year out made Fridays special.Then a championship at GB with other Sattys playing at UT.Now, yet another has made the SHOW.Wow,Temple sure ain't no UTC.This is sports page headline stuff.Way to go ,man. Now on to my two cents.For someone to be so self absorbed to dub themselves "East Tennessee Football Expert" is an LOL"knee-slapper" and especially when he goes up against a certain Ladykee.I met her at Midway last week and found she knows as much roundball as pigskin."Expert", I believe you're peein' north into a southern gale when you call her out.Frankly,she's forgot more sets,schemes,formations and an eye for talent than you ever will.Go buy a book written in the late 50's named "How to coach high school football" by a legendary Tellico Plains coach named Bill Spurling who mentored Bill Stratton to ,and beyond the NFL.I've said my piece.Now all of you can hammer me as always.I'm waiting.But if we're placing bets,my money's on the Lady.She can't help it if she birthed the best dang QB in both Reg.1 and 2,with all-state numbers,surrounded by five skill players.I think any QB that's had four head coaches in eight months and lands in Cookville on championship day,win or lose,ought to be an all-stater.Don't give that "not all-state caliber"crap.

Nothing but respect for Ladykee. She's always respectful and she also knows some football. My parents taught me that you always respect those who respect you and others. Character is how you treat people who can do nothing for you. Just my opinion.

Same here,congrats to Satterfield.That name has been a household word in TN football for decades.From covering Bill as he made Vonore a powerhouse years ago with those epic games against Walland trading wins year end year out made Fridays special.Then a championship at GB with other Sattys playing at UT.Now, yet another has made the SHOW.Wow,Temple sure ain't no UTC.This is sports page headline stuff.Way to go ,man. Now on to my two cents.For someone to be so self absorbed to dub themselves "East Tennessee Football Expert" is an LOL"knee-slapper" and especially when he goes up against a certain Ladykee.I met her at Midway last week and found she knows as much roundball as pigskin."Expert", I believe you're peein' north into a southern gale when you call her out.Frankly,she's forgot more sets,schemes,formations and an eye for talent than you ever will.Go buy a book written in the late 50's named "How to coach high school football" by a legendary Tellico Plains coach named Bill Spurling who mentored Bill Stratton to ,and beyond the NFL.I've said my piece.Now all of you can hammer me as always.I'm waiting.But if we're placing bets,my money's on the Lady.She can't help it if she birthed the best dang QB in both Reg.1 and 2,with all-state numbers,surrounded by five skill players.I think any QB that's had four head coaches in eight months and lands in Cookville on championship day,win or lose,ought to be an all-stater.Don't give that "not all-state caliber"crap.

Thanks Pop! Means a lot coming from you. Next year, new season and a chance to do it all over again. #8 may just come back for Senior season with a little bit of a chip on his humble shoulder! I will say this if given the choice for individual All State Award vs success of his team I guarantee you he'd pick the later and that is just another reason GB rolls the way it does! Pure selflessness and sacrifice for the team. He ain't been raised to do anything different and for that I am proud of.

Nothing but respect for Ladykee. She's always respectful and she also knows some football. My parents taught me that you always respect those who respect you and others. Character is how you treat people who can do nothing for you. Just my opinion.

Thanks Rudy! I was taught the exact same thing. It is scary how we have came to be a world of you scratch my back and I will scratch yours. Alliances everywhere you look. That TV reality show SURVIVOR AIN't so different as the real world we live in today. It's scary what people will do and levels one stoops to for the sake of sports that we have come to enjoy so much. There is so much politics in sports it ain't even funny. If we aren't careful us adults will take the love of the game right out of our children. I'll be the first to admit a few things irk me from time to time and I rant, but in reality my family knows the most important thing in life is our Savior Jesus Christ and to him we owe all the glory! This other stuff is just things he allows us to enjoy for just a little while if we don't go and ruin it. If we live for him God will take care of the rest and I often remind myself of that. Sometimes we just slip and need a little forgiveness! Good luck to all next season!