GREENBACK FOOTBALL

cherokean

The fact that this region got 9/30 slots to me is mind boggling. That's more than fair if you really think about it. Our region had 1 player. You guys know as well as me that with the way the west was loaded, they have several teams with multiple players that are deserving, but they can't put the entire team on the all state team.

Edited by TheAmbassador

The fact that this region got 9/30 slots to me is mind boggling. That's more than fair if you really think about it. Our region had 1 player. You guys know as well as me that with the way the west was loaded, they have several teams with multiple players that are deserving, but they can't put the entire team on the all state team.

I know this isn't about GB but it's on the topic you all are talking about. A 1A kid from the east with 60 rec 1,021 yds 15 tds, 25 rushes 336 yds 2 tds, 16 KR 496 yds 2 tds, 8 PR 275 yds 2 tds, 2400 all purpose yds,23 total tds, 103 tackles, 17 tackle for loss, 2 sacks, 7 INT with 2 returned for TD in 11 games didn't make All-State. Edited by RudyWasOffsides

I know this isn't about GB but it's on the topic you all are talking about. A 1A kid from the east with 60 rec 1,021 yds 15 tds, 25 rushes 336 yds 2 tds, 16 KR 496 yds 2 tds, 8 PR 275 yds 2 tds, 2400 all purpose yds,23 total tds, 103 tackles, 17 tackle for loss, 2 sacks, 7 INT with 2 returned for TD in 11 games didn't make All-State.

An 1800 yard rusher in the west with 28 TDs didn't make the team either.

Great accomplishment! Although I did expect one more possibly two.

. These awards anymore are like playing Russian roulette! State runner up and we get 3. We had 5 - 2 years ago so with our athletes and their stats this year it makes you scratch your head. It's always defense too. Hard to make it at certain positions when you are competing against other teams that are either run heavy or pass heavy. 2,300 yards plus just don't get it done anymore.

I know this isn't about GB but it's on the topic you all are talking about. A 1A kid from the east with 60 rec 1,021 yds 15 tds, 25 rushes 336 yds 2 tds, 16 KR 496 yds 2 tds, 8 PR 275 yds 2 tds, 2400 all purpose yds,23 total tds, 103 tackles, 17 tackle for loss, 2 sacks, 7 INT with 2 returned for TD in 11 games didn't make All-State.

. Wow, just wow! I guess this player doesn't get a lot of props and promotion. Social media and politics go a very long way these days.

. These awards anymore are like playing Russian roulette! State runner up and we get 3. We had 5 - 2 years ago so with our athletes and their stats this year it makes you scratch your head. It's always defense too. Hard to make it at certain positions when you are competing against other teams that are either run heavy or pass heavy. 2,300 yards plus just don't get it done anymore.

Here is the question. In 1A football we have about 50 teams. The all state team has 30 total players picked. Greenback players got 3 of the spots. Out of the entire state Greenback represents 10% of the entire all state team. Do you not think that is fair? Everyone knows the west had 6 teams better than anything in the east this season. Look up those 6 teams, multiply by 3 and see if those 6 teams took 18 of the spots for the team.

Here is the question. In 1A football we have about 50 teams. The all state team has 30 total players picked. Greenback players got 3 of the spots. Out of the entire state Greenback represents 10% of the entire all state team. Do you not think that is fair? Everyone knows the west had 6 teams better than anything in the east this season. Look up those 6 teams, multiply by 3 and see if those 6 teams took 18 of the spots for the team.

If you read my earlier post that exactly what I said.The West was far superior in talent across the board.I just made a comment I figured at least one more would have made it,but with the West having as many really good teams and us getting 3 spots is pretty good.Also the All State team doesn't take into consideration making the finals.It is a season award if I'm not mistaken. Edited by orngnblk

What kid are you talking about? Those are some impressive numbers. Did he play at Oneida, Greenback, Coalfield or Harriman?

Congratulations to three Cherokees being named to the TSWA 1A All-State team...all three were chosen for the defensive side: Josh Silvey - DL, Jaden Harris - LB and Kayne Roberts - Athlete...

Our Region 2-1A, as a whole, was well represented...out of the 30(15 Off. & 15 Def.) chosen the Region had a total of 9(3 Off. & 6 Def.) Coalfield: Jacob Stinnett - OL and Blake Hall - LB...Harriman: John Langley - OL, Treyton Peters - OL and Joe Pace - Athlete(D)...Oneida: Nash Lay - Punter. Congratulations to these young men as well...

Some very deserving players from the East Tennessee area. One kid that I believe got overlooked was the Greene kid at Harriman. A heck of a back.