GREENBACK FOOTBALL

cherokean

YOU are the man!Great stuff.We layer the foundation in 85 and wow we look like a pretty good ball team now!2010-present is pretty tough all my sons played in those years.Now keep the wheels on the wagon.As for OnB colored glasses Lady,I will always have them on...But I will always give a fair assessment of our team.Can't let all the Village idiots run the boards or we look like fools!A couple showed their tails this he but that is also the fun part on these boards.You know me as well as anyone out there I will always be OnB it has made who I am today!We need to become more humble and work our tails off as you said.Also I am looking forward to little Leroy this ought to be entertaining!LOL.Couldn't be more proud of the boys.The East side of the bracket gets harder next year and we have to be focused on 2016 now and leave 2015 where its at in the TROPHY CASE!Next stop spring practice.Work hard Cherokees!!

Here's some more fun stuff...got to thinking about shutouts...there could be more, cause there's about 5 games I don't have scores for, but I know who won or lost.

1957-84...

Offensive Shutouts...67 times, Defensive Shutouts...29 times (out of 281 games)

1985-Present...

Offensive Shutouts...14 times, Defensive Shutouts...47 times (out of 367 games)

*Last defensive shutout was against Hancock Co. in the first round of playoffs this year(46-0) which occurred @ home...

*Last offensive shutout was against Grace Christian on Sept. 30, 2011(0-40) which also occurred @ home, that's just a mere 54 games ago...

Edited by cherokean

Here's some more fun stuff...got to thinking about shutouts...there could be more, cause there's about 5 games I don't have scores for, but I know who won or lost.

1957-84...

1985-Present...

*Last defensive shutout was against Hancock Co. in the first round of playoffs this year(46-0) which occurred @ home...

*Last offensive shutout was against Grace Christian on Sept. 30, 2011(0-40) which also occurred @ home, that's just a mere 54 games ago...

That's ironic the last team to shut out us and South Pitt was GCA,and it was in the same year!Pride is gonna have a field day! Edited by orngnblk

1957-84...

1985-Present...

Also with the schedule we usually play 14 times in 30 years isn't too bad..

That year for Grace, their last 5 games were shutouts...we just happened to play them at the wrong time.

We shutout every team in District 3A that year. It was a mission after Ridge sent a letter to all the District coaches to petition TSSAA to keep us from competing for the District title. I would say that mission was accomplished. Lol

*edit - forgot to put the lol thing in there

Edited by gcapride

Way to go Cherokees!! The oddsmakers in Vegas,Oneida,Harriman, and the far-reaches had you dead in the water as early as the loss to Loudon in game one.To not know for sure who to look for on the sideline,after four head coaches since spring practice, can make you a little swimmy headed.But,man! Didn,t these young men cozy up to this perfect duo God handed these kids.I bet I know two guys wishing they hadn,t picked what they thought were more attractive avenues for their futures. Want to congratulate Josh Silvey voted ET Defensive Player of the Year and state scoring leader (37tds) Kayne Roberts being voted ET Offensive Player of the year. Hats off to you guys. Just wait until next year ! The faithful can't wait.

I totally agree with you. Silvey really cost himself in the move he made. He lost out on the state championship ring at Catholic. I'm sure that has to be tough on the young man. Tough break, but you get another shot next season.

I totally agree with you. Silvey really cost himself in the move he made. He lost out on the state championship ring at Catholic. I'm sure that has to be tough on the young man. Tough break, but you get another shot next season.

I would dare to say more than likely Two rings!Catlick should win it again in 16 bring back a lot of kids and if Josh would have stayed no doubt it would have helped a back to back!

I would dare to say more than likely Two rings!Catlick should win it again in 16 bring back a lot of kids and if Josh would have stayed no doubt it would have helped a back to back!

He definitely would've helped them this year and next year. He moved for a reason. I know that you know that, but others will just comment on what he missed out on. I don't know the situation, but I know we had 2 kids come from Catholic and both were for the same reason. Silvey is where he's supposed to be and I'm sure he's fine with his move. He'll have another shot at a ring next year as well.

He definitely would've helped them this year and next year. He moved for a reason. I know that you know that, but others will just comment on what he missed out on. I don't know the situation, but I know we had 2 kids come from Catholic and both were for the same reason. Silvey is where he's supposed to be and I'm sure he's fine with his move. He'll have another shot at a ring next year as well.

Yes is goes a little deeper than most know at KCHS!

He was asked to leave the school?

No that's not the reason. I know the truth but I'm not saying. They sure didn't ask him to leave. Would you have, after winning Mr. Football, freshman, and sophomore years

Easy pop.All state is ALOT different from Mr Football.Slow down and think!He was all state fresh and soph.Bass sometimes your reading comprehension leaves a little to be desired!LOL!Nothing in either post susgested he was asked to leave.I have talked to NUMEROUS KC fans and the loved him as the team did.Just a few things with the staff that didn't sit well with a few parents as pride said and some defected.I have to say I would have done the same.We are glad to have him.