Sevier County Smoky Bears 2015

gobears89

Well I eat purple vitamins and Im praying Banks is eligible. They need stars to be state champs and Banks is definitely capable of being 1.

I dont think stripping kids of eligibility is in the best interest of any kid. It could be that the only chance a kid has is to be a football player. Even just a semi famous small college kid can make a living from those football days. Of course he has an attitude towards people he feels like are working against him, he is a kid. These guys are not pros they are 14-18 year old boys. They will make lots of mistakes along the way but kids just like Banks who have had some negative history soon learn and grow and become insurance sales men in Boone NC or whatever where ever all because they scored some touchdowns.

Let him play....

GoBears!!

The TSSAA makes the rules though. See my point #2.

Well I eat purple vitamins and Im praying Banks is eligible. They need stars to be state champs and Banks is definitely capable of being 1.

I dont think stripping kids of eligibility is in the best interest of any kid. It could be that the only chance a kid has is to be a football player. Even just a semi famous small college kid can make a living from those football days. Of course he has an attitude towards people he feels like are working against him, he is a kid. These guys are not pros they are 14-18 year old boys. They will make lots of mistakes along the way but kids just like Banks who have had some negative history soon learn and grow and become insurance sales men in Boone NC or whatever where ever all because they scored some touchdowns.

Let him play....

GoBears!!

Well, I eat green and gold vitamins and I hope for Banks to be eligible too. I will say I don't believe anyone is working against him. I believe that is misplaced frustration based on assumptions only. The TSSAA writes the rules whether we all agree or not. I'm not confident that he will be deemed eligible and have not heard definitively that he will be ineligible as of yet. I don't know of any mistakes Banks has made outside of recently negative posting on social media. I believe it would have been best if he stayed at Sevier County last year or stayed at Gallatin this year. I do know coaches went to bat for him as GWAVE1 said for the hardship last year. The hardship was granted within the rules. I'm not sure that would be possible second time based on the rules. Again, I hope he does become eligible and successful in his future endeavors. Good luck and God bless. Edited by TheRealTruth

Gb89 I agree to an extent. High school football is supposed to be about helping boys become men and teach the right way to do things. Football is a tool to help instill those values. But at some point if someone keeps pushing the line then you have to cut them loose. I know very little about Dorian personally, only talked to him a couple of times. But he seems like a good young man and I hope he gets to play. But I have heard about some of his posts. If true I hope someone from the school can explain to him how important it is to be careful what you put on the internet. That can be difficult for adults, even harder for teens. I'm glad there wasn't smart phones when I was in high school. I would also be curious what information the family got before making these decisions. I certainly hope he is cleared to play

Let Banks play! wave turned Banks in. they turn evrybody in, playerz, coac, school. wave will build new schol next to tssa office so can go evry day and turn u in. whose next? Let Banks play, let Banks play! go Bison!

Ridiculous, there is no truth with you. SC has turned in more to TSSAA in it's 13 years than Gallatin has in 100 years which was once, your school. Learn to spell or go transfer to a different school young man.

Edited by TheRealTruth