Region 7A Tourney.

westtnsportsfan

Help spread the word about this and have students sign up....

Bethel University is proud to be the home of the Region 7A Basketball Tournaments this year.

We want to tell you about an event that will be held Wednesday, February 25 during the half time of the 2nd and 3rd games of the night. Students can sign up to have a chance to be drawn for an opportunity to shoot for tuition for two semesters at Bethel University. You can visit the Enrollment Services Booth at the ballgames to see complete list of rules and to sign up for the event. This is open to high school students only.

Going to be a good final 4. Good call on Bradford by westtnsportsfan. I was at the game. West Carrol's big girl got her 4th foul early in the 3rd and changed the momentum of the game. West Carrol played man to man and Bradford was quicker and outhustled every loose ball. GC will have to throw over their half court traps like we did late in the game in the district. We had 21 TO's earlier in the tournament against them. Luckily, they went cold against our zone. Bradford is really relentless right now and we will have to play like we did against Greenfield and we should be fine. I think Dresden beats Greenfield in a close game.

Going to be a good final 4. Good call on Bradford by westtnsportsfan. I was at the game. West Carrol's big girl got her 4th foul early in the 3rd and changed the momentum of the game. West Carrol played man to man and Bradford was quicker and outhustled every loose ball. GC will have to throw over their half court traps like we did late in the game in the district. We had 21 TO's earlier in the tournament against them. Luckily, they went cold against our zone. Bradford is really relentless right now and we will have to play like we did against Greenfield and we should be fine. I think Dresden beats Greenfield in a close game.

I feel like if we play our game we will be fine.  We have beat them 3 times including the one at Bradford where they shot LIGHTS OUT and lannom struggled.  We still pulled it out.  In district tourney we got a big lead and slacked off (becoming a habit?) and finally pulled away again at the end.  

GC 48 Bradford 40

I have seen dresden play since they have gotten hatchell and the other girl back and I still do not see them beating greenfield.  Hatchell is obviously not the same player as before the injury and I dont see greenfield as a good matchup for them.  I expect it to be close though

Greenfield 52 Dresden 48

District 14A title game rematch!

Edited by westtnsportsfan

I feel like if we play our game we will be fine.  We have beat them 3 times including the one at Bradford where they shot LIGHTS OUT and lannom struggled.  We still pulled it out.  In district tourney we got a big lead and slacked off (becoming a hobbit?) and finally pulled away again at the end.  

GC 48 Bradford 40

I have seen dresden play since they have gotten hatchell and the other girl back and I still do not see them beating greenfield.  Hatchell is obviously not the same player as before the injury and I dont see greenfield as a good matchup for them.  I expect it to be close though

Greenfield 52 Dresden 48

District 14A title game rematch!

Hatchell looked pretty good last night... looked like the same player to me prior to her injury. She led Dresden in scoring last night with 16 points. Dresden is peaking at the right time. They looked pretty tough last night.....

Hatchell looked pretty good last night... looked like the same player to me prior to her injury. She led Dresden in scoring last night with 16 points. Dresden is peaking at the right time. They looked pretty tough last night.....

she very well could be getting better and better.  Definitely not doubting your opinion.  The game I saw she still seemed hesitant and struggled on defense.  There is no doubt they are better with her.  The same could be said for greenfield peeking at the right time as they were on a big winning streak and playing there best ball before the district championship.  If the can keep Peeples out of the lane then Greenfield will struggle to score.  I just dont know if they have anyone that can.  

Why are these games being played on a Wed. afternoon?  For one thing, that's a crowd killer. Secondly, it makes the 2nd game get into Church time. 

I understand the situation with the snow and everything....but, Wed. afternoon at 4?

Boys will be played that night as well....  championship will be thrusday for sectionals saturday.  its definitely not ideal..  but dont have much of a choice