Region 7A Tourney.

westtnsportsfan

Oh me too bud. And I didn't think this was going to be the year all season. But.... We are playing by far the best ball we have played all year. And I trust GCP opinion on teams statewide as much as anyone I talk to. So I'm really trying to keep my expectations down. But bri fields average 25 a game in regions. She keeps that up and we will be tough!

My take is we are getting 20-30 from White, Smithson and Upchurch. 20-30 from Fields, 15-20 from Lannom and a nasty defense. Fields is kinda reninding me of Butler right now. She is taking over games. I don't think this bunch will be intimidated if we make it to the Boro because 1) they have played everybody and all over two states in the off-season 2) they just played well on a college campus that wasn't the glass house but definitely different and 3) the kids are old enough to remember the good feelings about the Boro and pressure won't be near what was on Butler and Co. Fans are more relaxed with the Boro and that makes kids more comfortable. I like our chances at this point. We had a chance last night to not do well under adversity and we passed the test.

My take is we are getting 20-30 from White, Smithson and Upchurch. 20-30 from Fields, 15-20 from Lannom and a nasty defense. Fields is kinda reninding me of Butler right now. She is taking over games. I don't think this bunch will be intimidated if we make it to the Boro because 1) they have played everybody and all over two states in the off-season 2) they just played well on a college campus that wasn't the glass house but definitely different and 3) the kids are old enough to remember the good feelings about the Boro and pressure won't be near what was on Butler and Co. Fans are more relaxed with the Boro and that makes kids more comfortable. I like our chances at this point. We had a chance last night to not do well under adversity and we passed the test.

You guys remind me of giddy school girls.  lol  I like your chances in substate and in the Boro, but Riverside is no easy out.  Bri will be the difference in the game.  If she plays like she has been playing and stays engaged the entire 32, book your hotel all week in Murfreesboro.  Riverside is senior laden and have played together year round as well.  They will be physical and will be prepared.  Good Luck!

You guys remind me of giddy school girls. lol I like your chances in substate and in the Boro, but Riverside is no easy out. Bri will be the difference in the game. If she plays like she has been playing and stays engaged the entire 32, book your hotel all week in Murfreesboro. Riverside is senior laden and have played together year round as well. They will be physical and will be prepared. Good Luck!

You are right lol. This team has just really been enjoyable to watch. At the beginning of the year I would have told you there was no way we made it to state. It's the best job Wilkins has done so far no doubt. Yeah we prolly need to cool the jets a little cause riverside could very we'll send us home. Can you tell it's been a few years since us GC fans have had a legit top team in state? Lol

You haven't seen a team like Clark Range or Middleton this year. I'm sorry, but don't think you were tested in our region this year. There were no 2014 Union City teams or anyone close this year.

You will face your first real test with Riverside next where the pressure is on the line. Don't get to carried away just yet. I'm pulling for Gibson County but I think getting to state is a real accomplishment this year. You got home court advantage and I think you got a real shot to make it but from I hear Riverside will be ready.

You haven't seen a team like Clark Range or Middleton this year. I'm sorry, but don't think you were tested in our region this year. There were no 2014 Union City teams or anyone close this year.

You will face your first real test with Riverside next where the pressure is on the line. Don't get to carried away just yet. I'm pulling for Gibson County but I think getting to state is a real accomplishment this year. You got home court advantage and I think you got a real shot to make it but from I hear Riverside will be ready.

So you think riverside will be that much better than bradford Dresden Greenfiekd and Westview? All teams we have played and beat pretty recently. This is an honest question as I know nothin about riverside.

I had a buddy of mine that watched Middleton in the region and he has seen GC as well and he is from Trinity so he is a neutral party and he said he would pick us if they played in sub-state. I haven't seen Middleton play but yes I know they are good, but I also know Bri Fields is on a mission right now and the rest of the team is stepping up as well. I would say your right about 3 weeks ago about GC being happy to make it to M boro, but if you haven't seen them play recently they have stepped up their game and if they make it they will gave a good of a chance as anyone IMO.

Riverside lost to Wayne County who is out I believe, lost to Perry County twice, Houston County once, Lexington once who is out, Middleton 4 times. I looked at their schedule and I didn't see many quality wins. Yeah Riverside may be a tough opponent, but who have they beat? We beat Weatview twice ( once by 35 at their place), Greenfield twice, Dresden twice, Bradford 4 times, Obion twice and most of these by double digits.