Region 7A Tourney.

westtnsportsfan

South Greene. 6 losses all to teams who are still playing, 4 of them AAA.

In my eyes (and this is just my opinion, if I turn out wrong I'll eat crow) Middleton, Perry County and Houston County all have gawdy records, but have played cupcake schedules and WILL loose if they have to play a quality oppenent more than once every 3-4 weeks. Its not their fault they play in weak districts, thats just the way the cookie crumbles. Teams that play in tough disticts like Clarkrange, Pickett, Gibson, South Greene, ect. and are battle tested always get my vote of confidence this time of year.

As for a potential GC-CR match up, thats a crapshoot. I've learned to just stop picking against Clarkrange in the post season, and GC has a very very good team as well.

I see what you are saying....  i will say middleton is a solid team.  i definitely do not want to have to travel there if we cant pull it off.  My goal for this team was to just make it to state this year for experience since we return ALOT and will be deeper with  loaded freshman class coming in.  But with the way we have played the last few games im starting to feel like we may have a real shot to win some games if we make it.   I do not know enough about the other teams in contention to really know where we match up with the rest of the state..

The Middleton playing weak schedule topic again lol... keep in mind that coacht SOS does not factor in MHEA, HW Byers or any other out of state team that Middleton has played. Middleton also beat Haywood earlier in the year by 30. Haywood is in the sub-state and will have a great chance at playing in Murfreesboro in AA. NOT a weak schedule.

Houston Co. is good as well. In my opinion, they're a match-up problem for Gibson Co. I've seen both Gibson and Houston play. I think Gibson could beat Houston, but I think that Houston could beat Gibson.

Single A is wide open this year for anyone that makes it to take. I've said all year that Middleton was the team to beat and there was no one beating them in Single A this year. That was before Deja Faulkner went down with season ending injury. Middleton still hasn't lost, but they're definitely not the team they were with Deja.

The Middleton playing weak schedule topic again lol... keep in mind that coacht SOS does not factor in MHEA, HW Byers or any other out of state team that Middleton has played. Middleton also beat Haywood earlier in the year by 30. Haywood is in the sub-state and will have a great chance at playing in Murfreesboro in AA. NOT a weak schedule.

Houston Co. is good as well. In my opinion, they're a match-up problem for Gibson Co. I've seen both Gibson and Houston play. I think Gibson could beat Houston, but I think that Houston could beat Gibson.

Single A is wide open this year for anyone that makes it to take. I've said all year that Middleton was the team to beat and there was no one beating them in Single A this year. That was before Deja Faulkner went down with season ending injury. Middleton still hasn't lost, but they're definitely not the team they were with Deja.

Well like I said, its just my opinion and I may very well be wrong. One thing I will say with a decent amount of certainty is that is Middleton loses to Riverside (which is well within the realm of possibility) and have to travel away from that sweatbox of their's to GC, their season ends. But, thats why they play the game.

Well like I said, its just my opinion and I may very well be wrong. One thing I will say with a decent amount of certainty is that is Middleton loses to Riverside (which is well within the realm of possibility) and have to travel away from that sweatbox of their's to GC, their season ends. But, thats why they play the game.

I would love to see Gibson in the 'boro. I think if Gibson does make it, they have a great shot at winning it. Bri Fields is one of the best, if not the best, skilled athlete in Single A basketball in Tennessee. You put shooters around her in Lannom and Smithson... and White in the post who is capable of burying the three.... Gibson is tough to guard if they're playing their "A" game. I think Single A might be the most interesting of all three of the classes at the state tournament this year.

I would love to see Gibson in the 'boro. I think if Gibson does make it, they have a great shot at winning it. Bri Fields is one of the best, if not the best, skilled athlete in Single A basketball in Tennessee. You put shooters around her in Lannom and Smithson... and White in the post who is capable of burying the three.... Gibson is tough to guard if they're playing their "A" game. I think Single A might be the most interesting of all three of the classes at the state tournament this year.

Whats exciting about that is they are all back next year......  

I agree GCPioneer, Middleton was hands down the best team in state before their loss of Faulkner.  Now its opened up to 3 or 4 teams depending on the matchups.  Clark Range and Middleton I would still call the favorites but there are several who could make a run.

I agree with you Pioneer if Gibson makes state this year its an accomplishment. The next 3-4 years should be fun for GC fans and some Gold Balls but not this year. Gibson County needs to win tonight or it wont be fun traveling to either Middleton or Riverside, I think either would beat Gibson County on their home court. I'm not sure that GC can beat either at Gibson County. You know our region is not a powerhouse this year, in fact we are down top to bottom. Good luck to Dresden and Gibson County, hope you both make it to Boro.

I think GC played the best game of the postseason tonight. We got down and we fought back as a good team should. GC is in excellent shape and if they control their TO's and fouls like they did tonight they might very well bring home another gold ball this year. Great poise and great adjustment by coach swapping to the 1-3-1. Dresden never got comfortable when we switched.

I think GC played the best game of the postseason tonight. We got down and we fought back as a good team should. GC is in excellent shape and if they control their TO's and fouls like they did tonight they might very well bring home another gold ball this year. Great poise and great adjustment by coach swapping to the 1-3-1. Dresden never got comfortable when we switched.

He mixed a little 2-3 zone in there as well tonight. These girls are bought in right now. We are peaking at the right time. They are all willing to step up at any moment Looking forward to Monday night. Just wish I knew a little more about riverside.....