Region 2- AAA Tournament

Norman Dale

Why wouldn't they play? I figured it was because the snow was going to hit out your way first Gov and they didn't want Lady Gov fans traveling back in it. They should have started games earlier than trying to compise the Tan man and let him coach both of his games. Setting a tip at 8 last night is ridicoulous for the Halls/Heritage boys. Both Halls games should have been played in the afternoon like the other schools did.

The real problem was not playing Monday night thanks to Knox Co. administration!

The Tan Man, I like that. Funny. The games could've been played early. I understand not at 8. We went to the OR/LC game and got back home in Maryville just fine at 7:30. I stopped at the Chic-fil-a in Alcoa and the snow started when we were leaving. The roads were clear all the way home.

Guest bketterl

Area boys teams still have plenty of time to get their games in. I'm sure getting referees from Upper East TN either A.) in for earlier-than-usual girls games or B.) out ahead of bad weather following boys games was challenging.

The questions I have:

- On the boys side of things, with the Bearden girls hosting Anderson Co. very early and with officials already on hand, why didn't Bearden and Central play their boys quarterfinal immediately after as was seemingly intended earlier in the day?

- On the girls side of things, why didn't the William Blount at Halls game happen? Were there no referees to be found? A team is likely to have to play 2 games in a day now as a result.

Central was going to play, but since the refs weren't available early, the girls got pushed back and Central didn't want to play at 4:30 because they didn't want to get caught in the snow returning home. That wouldn't have been the case all said and done, but the weather forecasters screwed that one up. 

Ok OR boys advance. The other games halls heritage, central Bearden and Maryville karns have yet to play.

On the girls side. Farragut advanced Bearden advanced. Halls William Blount yet to play. What's the other girls game.

Is there a schedule for these games yet.

Halls/Heritage Postponed until Friday. No word on Karns/Maryville yet. Hope they play. I'd like to see that game.

Edited by SweetScience

Ok OR boys advance. The other games halls heritage, central Bearden and Maryville karns have yet to play.

On the girls side. Farragut advanced Bearden advanced. Halls William Blount yet to play. What's the other girls game.

Is there a schedule for these games yet.

BOYS Quarterfinals

#1 Oak Ridge 81, #4 Lenoir City 37

#3 Halls @ #2 Heritage  (Friday 6:30?)

#3 Maryville @ #2 Karns  (Friday 4:30?)

#4 Central @ #1 Bearden  (Friday 7:00?)

My understanding is that the Boys semifinals should be at Oak Ridge.

GIRLS Quarterfinals

#4 William Blount @ #1 Halls  (Friday 2:00?)

#2 Farragut 57, #3 Oak Ridge 17

#3 Maryville 55, #2 Powell 41

#1 Bearden 68, #4 Anderson Co. 32

My understanding is that the Girls semifinals would be at Halls if Halls defeats William Blount. A William Blount victory would result in the semis being at Bearden.

There is no reason whatsoever that games should not have been played tonight. PERIOD. Guys should have played Thursday, Friday Saturday. Girls should have played their region semis tonight and finals tommorow night. Big deal if you have to play 3 nights in a row. They are 17/18 year old kids who have been off for two weeks...they have enough energy.

There is no reason whatsoever that games should not have been played tonight. PERIOD. Guys should have played Thursday, Friday Saturday. Girls should have played their region semis tonight and finals tommorow night. Big deal if you have to play 3 nights in a row. They are 17/18 year old kids who have been off for two weeks...they have enough energy.

+1!!!