Region 2- AAA Tournament

Norman Dale

Maryville's intensity, effort, hustle, team play, etc. They all played great and all played with a lot of heart. Bearden didn't come close to matching any of it. Don't know what was up. FIrst game Maryville didn't match Bearden's intensity. Second meeting I thought Maryville played great but was wrong. 3rd meeting, tonight, Maryville played great every second of the game.

Thanks for the summary. I have not seen the Middle TN teams play but I do know Hamilton even without their player lost to eligibility issue is going to be difficult to beat. I watched them dominate #1 (at the time)Oak Hill Academey. TheStae Titleis going to have to go through Memphis Hamilton I think regardless of what current AP rankings say.

Yes congrats to coach Stew...memorable first year team. Almost upset the reg. season district champ and big dog D-B. Surprised the Sentinel didn't have anyone covering the game...check out the Knoxville Focus they were there! They have a great sports section and good coverage on Knoxville high school and middle school sports.

Crockett vs D-B will be a dandy tonight at the Buck Van Huss Dome!

As best I could tell, the Kingsport paper didn't cover the game either. And,that's not really surprising.

They sure did Chill. Survive and advance is the name of the game this time of year. First off I want to give HHS a lot of props. They controlled the tempo of the game and did great against our press, which is our forte. Great ball handlers who don't turn the ball over much. When you do those things against us you're going to have a great chance to win. They also play tremendous defense. That's really good team who laid it all on the line tonight, but just came up short. Great game Heritage, hold your heads up high. Second, I want to give our guys a lot of credit. Heritage took us out of our game and we still found a way to win. At any given time we have 3 to 4 Sophomores on the court and for them to pull out a victory like this says a lot about the future of our team. It could've been very easy for our young kids to fold when Heritage took control of the tempo and got up a little bit late, but they didn't. With that said we are going to have to play a lot better vs Maryville to win. This time of year their are no teams left that aren't really good, so you have to bring your A game. Great HS basketball team. Sucks somebody had to lose, but that's just how it goes. OR needed a game like this because lets be honest we haven't been tested a lot lately, so coming into the game I was kind of scared that we may take Heritage a little lightly. Either way they played great. Time for Maryville. Should be a great game.

Edited by SweetScience