Melrose awaits Maryville

pitw

Just a little bait to see if the Rebs would nibble. If you are as good as you say, they should be no problem, but if you thought Memphis East was fast just wait 'til you see the Golden Wildcats. They throw the ball a little, as the 'ol ball coach would say. At 7-4, my Vols miss Stevie boy. :)

[Edited by pitw on 11-11-02 11:37P]

[Edited by pitw on 11-26-02 6:59P]

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me thinks Melrose has got a tough road to get to Maryville, if Maryville get's by a tough bracket of it's own. I think Maryville throws when they are not running through, past or around teams. I also think Overton or Tullahoma can take Melrose in this years play-off's. Maryville can and has, the past 5 years, proven they can get to the big dance. I must ask when was the last time Melrose played Maryville?? Oh I forgot that was last year! Go Rebs! :)

Ummm...excuse me Mr. Trott...I guess I missed on the board somewhere where Red Rebel fans made that statement about "pounding into the ground"??

Perhaps you could direct the message number to my/our attention?

It seems to me that most Red Rebel fans have been somewhat poised in reference to their competition. Maybe my "oldtimers" disease is rearing it's ugly head, but even thoough I'm biased, I don't share your view on Maryville fans on here.

Best of luck in the playoffs.

Oh, yeah....Maryville 42 Powell 23

Enjoy!

Map

"I also think Overton or Tullahoma can take Melrose in this years play-off's."

Overton and Tullahoma won't make it that far. Besides, Hillsboro beat the Wildcats by a combined 63-0 the last two times. Overton? -- we've beaten them two straight as well.

"I must ask when was the last time Melrose played Maryville?? Oh I forgot that was last year! Go Rebs!"

And when did that happen? Me, the TSSAA and everyone else remembers Melrose never made the playoffs last year let alone the finals. Hillsboro beat M-East in the semi's and then played Maryville.

[Edited by KP9481 on 11-12-02 1:26P]

Both scandals kinda come together as you can see!

Among the Memphis-based violations admitted by UK was that UK assistant Claude Bassett sent $1,400 in money orders to former Melrose coach Tim Thompson to influence Thompson's players to attend the school. The Memphis School Board has deemed the money orders inappropriate and Thompson is serving a three-year suspension because of his actions.

The NCAA also concluded that Thompson and several recruits received free lodging, game tickets, apparel and cash from the school. It also found that a UK official paid a mini-bar tab of close to $350 for two Melrose assistants.

Lang is also connected to the UK violations. The NCAA concluded that a Kentucky official paid for the lodging and incidental expenses incurred by Lang and Means during a trip to Lexington in December 1999.

- Gary Parrish: 529-2365