Oakland Lady Patriots vs White County Lady Spartans Sectional

Oaklandpats10

How do you propose that the TSSAA stop a family from moving to Murfreesboro if they so desire? If they have a legitimate address what can the TSSAA do?

Hold her for one year without playing. That will stop it. No exceptions.That's a easy fix. Put a cap on the mileage of a 100 miles for legitimate families that have actually been transferred by work. Anything under a 100 miles, sit out one year. Questions?

Interesting and thanks for sharing your view but as a parent that moved to Murfreesboro, I have to respectfully disagree with that. I moved to be able to afford a better lifestyle for my kids which my hometown could not offer due to lack of decent paying jobs. I would have hated for my kids (any kid) to have to sit out a year from the sport they love b/c their parents wanted a better life for them. And by the way...my kids have graduated and moved on so I don't have a dog in this hunt. I just wanted to hear your view.

• Upvote 2

Interesting and thanks for sharing your view but as a parent that moved to Murfreesboro, I have to respectfully disagree with that. I moved to be able to afford a better lifestyle for my kids which my hometown could not offer due to lack of decent paying jobs. I would have hated for my kids (any kid) to have to sit out a year from the sport they love b/c their parents wanted a better life for them. And by the way...my kids have graduated and moved on so I don't have a dog in this hunt. I just wanted to hear your view.

Hey I can see that. But we got to start somewhere. The post for Oakland, 3 schools in 3 years?? I think there was two on that team that was 3 schools in 3 years.  C'mon there is a better way. Do you see my point? Do you think they moved 3 times for 3 different lifestyles to better themselves? What's 1 year to loose when you got 4 to play?

This is the first time I have commented on this recruiting topic. It's going to happen in the Boro. White County can beat these teams. We were in 7aaa for approx 25 years and had more district championships and more state tourney appearances than any other 7aaa team during that time. When you have the talent you can win. I am proud that year in and year out all of our players are from White County.

I don't have a dog in the Basketball hunt, however when you look at the recruiting that is being done at the collegiate  level in the Boro or Middle Tennessee, you have your answer. You can be 7'2 and play lights out ball, but if you are playing Bug Tussle and Bucksnort, it is going to be hard to get any real attention. I am not saying the old "7AAA has all the best competition" argument, but I will say they have a more consistent level to judge against. 

College is costly these days, and if my kid has a better chance at a scholarship in town 20 miles down the road I am moving. No hard feelings, but who on here is going to hand out team spirit awards and include a scholarship with it?

I don't have a dog in the Basketball hunt, however when you look at the recruiting that is being done at the collegiate  level in the Boro or Middle Tennessee, you have your answer. You can be 7'2 and play lights out ball, but if you are playing Bug Tussle and Bucksnort, it is going to be hard to get any real attention. I am not saying the old "7AAA has all the best competition" argument, but I will say they have a more consistent level to judge against. 

College is costly these days, and if my kid has a better chance at a scholarship in town 20 miles down the road I am moving. No hard feelings, but who on here is going to hand out team spirit awards and include a scholarship with it?

What do you think about the girls who think their going to start and then whatever team they are on turns around and brings in a recruit to take her place. She puts in her time, ready to play, and here comes some girl who puts the real hometown girl on the bench. Do you think they are being done right? Or should she just go to Siegel and be quite?  

I have the solution the problem . Ask the coach of Blackman . When the Riverdale coach came from Independense and bought some girls with her , Chad went nuts . He called the TSSAA every day . Called coaches around the area for help . Funny , I don't hear him crying now . Saw the games today , it's a joke with all these recruited teams playing . No body watching much . I won't be back either . I still don't hear Chad crying now .What a joke!!!!!!

What do you think about the girls who think their going to start and then whatever team they are on turns around and brings in a recruit to take her place. She puts in her time, ready to play, and here comes some girl who puts the real hometown girl on the bench. Do you think they are being done right? Or should she just go to Siegel and be quite?  

I hate to say it ,but there is always going to be someone better than you. They practiced harder, they are naturally more gifted or they have a little more drive. You hate to see it happen, but in sports just as in life, you put yourself, your kids in the best situation to succeed. So if they ride the bench,but they become a better player because they rose to the leve of others around them, or they had to if they wanted to play is it really a bad thing? If that stud  that took their spot, but now their scouts who coming to see them also have exposure to a player they might not of otherwise ever seen. If you want to be the best you surround yourself with those that motivate you to do so.

I have the solution the problem . Ask the coach of Blackman . When the Riverdale coach came from Independense and bought some girls with her , Chad went nuts . He called the TSSAA every day . Called coaches around the area for help . Funny , I don't hear him crying now . Saw the games today , it's a joke with all these recruited teams playing . No body watching much . I won't be back either . I still don't hear Chad crying now .What a joke!!!!!!

Funny that you mentioned Riverdale... like I said I don;t have a dog in the fight, but didn't Blackman spank Riverdale early in the season?... and didn't they throw the game so they wouldn't have to play Blackman?