who will be William blount next head coach?

That's assuming throwawayx is Armstrongs dad. Either way it's weak to mention a kids name unless he's yours! I've always said when you get what you want, I hope you want what you got! While coach is a great coach, he is still a man. And as a man very foulable just as you or I. There was only one perfect man (other than GQ) and we hung Him on a stick!

Well said MKD!!!!

That's assuming throwawayx is Armstrongs dad. Either way it's weak to mention a kids name unless he's yours! I've always said when you get what you want, I hope you want what you got! While coach is a great coach, he is still a man. And as a man very foulable just as you or I. There was only one perfect man (other than GQ) and we hung Him on a stick!

Sorry blazebruin, I was actually responding to freeagents post about the kid mentioned belonging to throwawayx. :popcorneater:

Totally Classless Post! Say what you want about the man, but don't bring the kid into it. I would guess all of the returning kids on the team are devastated, along with a lot of parents.

People are entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts.

While your asking people to reveal their names why don't you lead the way and go first.  :popcorneater:

I wasn't the one who asked him to provide his name, I already know what it is. And I wouldn't bring his son's name into it if that wasn't the excuse he is giving to everyone as to why he is trying to ruin Shad's career. Stick to taking pics, you're really good at it.  :thumb:

The reason I think this has gone on as long as it has, is that there is a clear effort to not disclose what happened. Considering the privacy act and you cannot disclose grounds for termination for an employee I see where great caution is being used. However, if the teacher/coach is calling the school board and asking for the results of the investigation, and continues to claim he has done nothing, why is he not being informed? If you were going to ask someone to resign, don't you think there is a clear explanation owed to them and or their attorney? Shouldn't there be a verdict before you  hang the man. Last time I checked we wer still in the US.

If the investigation is truly open, that implies results are not in/conclusive, or it is open for the reason of not disclosing the findings. By law all school board actions are a matter of the public and can be reviewed upon request. However if an investigation is open/ pending or incomplete it falls out of that category and can only be seen when it is so. If the later is the case why would you not disclose? With the Sheriffs office investigating it does not guarantee anything. It means that there is a belief that something criminal MAY (may being the operative word here) have taken place. However the article and spokesperson were quick to mention that it did not name anyone of interest. 

Yes, we all need to move on for the sake of the players, fans, and school alike, but in the midst of all this standsa really good coach and even a better man accused of something that has yet to be substantiated, Regardless of where you fall on this issue, ask yourself, " If I stood accused of something that would shame me, my family and what legacy I had tried to build, would fight it or bury my head and hope that it goes away? If I did nothing would I proclaim innocence or say you are right and move on? Would I want the community I served to ask questions and seek the truth or forget me without a thought?

I read someone mention that none of us are without fault, and there is complete truth to that on both sides of the issue here. Somewhere in the middle of all of it is the truth, and in finding it we lost a great Coach and soiled his reputation, brought feelings of contempt and animosity toward the principal and whatever the reasoning for all this is. The one certain thing that will happen, there will be someone pointing fingers saying , see I told you I was right!!! When" man we gotta get our kids, our school, community on the right track again , what can we do?" would have been much better. 

Edited by Blaze45
  • Upvote 1

The reason I think this has gone on as long as it has, is that there is a clear effort to not disclose what happened. Considering the privacy act and you cannot disclose grounds for termination for an employee I see where great caution is being used. However, if the teacher/coach is calling the school board and asking for the results of the investigation, and continues to claim he has done nothing, why is he not being informed? If you were going to ask someone to resign, don't you think there is a clear explanation owed to them and or their attorney? Shouldn't there be a verdict before you  hang the man. Last time I checked we wer still in the US.

If the investigation is truly open, that implies results are not in/conclusive, or it is open for the reason of not disclosing the findings. By law all school board actions are a matter of the public and can be reviewed upon request. However if an investigation is open/ pending or incomplete it falls out of that category and can only be seen when it is so. If the later is the case why would you not disclose? With the Sheriffs office investigating it does not guarantee anything. It means that there is a belief that something criminal MAY (may being the operative word here) have taken place. However the article and spokesperson were quick to mention that it did not name anyone of interest. 

Yes, we all need to move on for the sake of the players, fans, and school alike, but in the midst of all this standsa really good coach and even a better man accused of something that has yet to be substantiated, Regardless of where you fall on this issue, ask yourself, " If I stood accused of something that would shame me, my family and what legacy I had tried to build, would fight it or bury my head and hope that it goes away? If I did nothing would I proclaim innocence or say you are right and move on? Would I want the community I served to ask questions and seek the truth or forget me without a thought?

I read someone mention that none of us are without fault, and there is complete truth to that on both sides of the issue here. Somewhere in the middle of all of it is the truth, and in finding it we lost a great Coach and soiled his reputation, brought feelings of contempt and animosity toward the principal and whatever the reasoning for all this is. The one certain thing that will happen, there will be someone pointing fingers saying , see I told you I was right!!! When man we gotta get our kids, our school, community on the right track again , what can we do?

You nailed it and I agree. This thing was on it's way to sun setting, but if you push long enough and hard enough, you may not get what your after. The bottom line is no one at Blackman is going to benefit from what happens here forward. The damage is done and Blackman will move on as will coach. Both really soon, but this one only time will heal. :popcorneater:

• Upvote 1

I wasn't the one who asked him to provide his name, I already know what it is. And I wouldn't bring his son's name into it if that wasn't the excuse he is giving to everyone as to why he is trying to ruin Shad's career. Stick to taking pics, you're really good at it.  :thumb:

Thanks Coach, best of luck to ya! :popcorneater: