who will be William blount next head coach?

Something else everyone is overlooking. If Shad had actually done anything wrong, with Booster, Football, etc. funds, why is he still employed with Blackman High School? Why is he still a teacher there? "mykidsdad" was quick to say, "He got fired" when he obviously knows nothing about the situation at all. He was not fired. He still works there. Who coaches a team is up to the principal and if they don't want the coach they have, they do not have to have a reason to get rid of them. Their actual job as a teacher is an entirely different story, and since Shad has done NOTHING WRONG she can't get rid of him without a major lawsuit for wrongful termination. And just for the record, I am not the "Coach" or one of his "kids" just one of the many parents who have been a part of the "Reinstate Shad" group and will continue to defend him to help clear his good name, even if my son has lost his coach!

Something else everyone is overlooking. If Shad had actually done anything wrong, with Booster, Football, etc. funds, why is he still employed with Blackman High School? Why is he still a teacher there? "mykidsdad" was quick to say, "He got fired" when he obviously knows nothing about the situation at all. He was not fired. He still works there. Who coaches a team is up to the principal and if they don't want the coach they have, they do not have to have a reason to get rid of them. Their actual job as a teacher is an entirely different story, and since Shad has done NOTHING WRONG she can't get rid of him without a major lawsuit for wrongful termination. And just for the record, I am not the "Coach" or one of his "kids" just one of the many parents who have been a part of the "Reinstate Shad" group and will continue to defend him to help clear his good name, even if my son has lost his coach!

Exactly! I can't speak for mkd directly, but I think he was just referring to him being "fired" as the coach. Yes he still has his teaching job and is still at Blackman. As to being the coach, you could say that he was fired. I know he "technically" resigned, but it's all semantics at this point.

Edited by blazeburnin

Blount County is a really nice area....what would it take to get your boy to come up here and play for Shad?

The school board official reply was that all administrative disputes rest solely on Dr. Odom our superintendent. The ones I talked to said that this was ridiculous. Some quick facts our assistant principal who we all thought would be the new principal and had a unanimous vote from board was overridden by Dr. Odom which is his right. My point is he has sole rights to administration and I gave you an example.

Try this on. The football and the track coach both with over 20 years service at Houston High School resigned under Justus while she was principal. (Ironic) She has also said that their was a booster problem that lead to this ridiculous situation. What she didn't say was that the baseball booster club owes a company in excess of $10k for a press box built and they are over 120 days late and told them they will try to pay them when they could. Philip and Justus had a heated disagreement over an assistant coaches schedule being changed and he stood up for his coach and the battle lines were drawn. Philip tried to communicate with her but she would not find time until 10 days after his request then resigned. She made it particularly clear she did not want him to coach. The school atty was discussing with Philips lawyer the wording on the school announcement to exonerate Philip when the story broke last Friday. The board member we talked to said that parents had emailed the board and Dr odom and the pressr requested all of Justus emails and this upset Dr. Odom. This investigation from the board was turned over to Sheriff department for their review on the outcome of its decision. We expect an announcement this week on the matter. Justus replays are always they same "I cannot comment on an ongoing investigation ", however Wayne Armstrong (throwaway) seems to be prividgle with all details but fails to list them. I talked personally with him and he admits he is scared of an investigation on his watch, his wife employment at Blackman, and his sons senior year of football with the program in turmoil. He has not provided any proof just accusations. Wayne is not a bad man just a parent worried about himself. This entire problem was advoid able and I promise there was no mishandling of any by Philip and he will be cleared and then will you all apologize. Wayne said Philip resigned, my question is Why haven't you it was your watch.

Again, thanks for your candidness treyrae. Sounds like the board is also divided on the matter with the super being in the principal's corner. I read it that the sheriff's investigation may be simply to restrict access to information (emails) being requested. What a mess! Were any of these parties also involved in Benghazi?

It sounds like you guys need to keep the momentum going and get rid of that principal. Send her to Alcoa. Good luck.