UNION CITY VS. HAMPTON: CLASS A STATE QUARTERFINALS

JDOGG80

We are like Rodney Dangerfield.... "No Respect" ...... But that is ok. We have nothing to lose and everything to gain. We are talking to brick walls. We know we belong there and that is all that matters. We earned Mitchell's respect. Just as Gallilee. I like the way Mitchell conducts themselves. They don't have to get on coacht and tell the world how great they are or how bad they are going to take someone to the woodshed or blah blah blah blah blah.. They do their talking on the basketball court. Nobody likes a bragger. 

A rich man may won't tell you what he's worth and a great team don't have to tell how great they are. I like Mitchell's approach.

Dogtruth what is Hamptons record? who have they played? don't forget who is ranked number 1 in the state. Until someone beats them in single A they are still the one to beat. talking about UC of course. I am not saying that they cannot be beat anyone can. I just think everyone will be surpised by the way this team plays. you have to brag on yourself sometime nobody else will LOL

Dogtruth what is Hamptons record? who have they played? don't forget who is ranked number 1 in the state. Until someone beats them in single A they are still the one to beat. talking about UC of course. I am not saying that they cannot be beat anyone can. I just think everyone will be surpised by the way this team plays. you have to brag on yourself sometime nobody else will LOL

Mitchell is #1 to be the best you gotta beat the best. And they're the defending champions.

Call me crazy!!! I like the underDOGS. Paper does not tell the whole story. Jones takes over,Valentine does what he does. 24.......well anyway. Don't forget the roll players either. Not that familiar with all their names. They do have a Shot!!! Call me crazy those from the west. Oh yea does anybody remember a few years back when the Vols played #1 Memphis. What happened? Am I crazy?

Stock68, Hampton's current record is 28 and 7. I am not going to list everyone they played. You can go on CoachT's home page and click on team schedules to see everyone that we have played. I don't think anyone will be surprised with how UC plays. UC plays uptempo and likes to run. They shoot the rock extremely well. UC also has great post play. UC will attack the entire game. DId I say they like to run? I probably could not emphasis that enough. I believe in all my posts that I have been highly respectful of UC's team and their abilities. No denying it here, we got a tough draw. Now, do I feel that UC is unbeatable? of course not. 

As for my opinion, I feel like everyone except Mitchell is playing for the silver ball. Is Mitchell invincible? No  But it will take a herculean effort from anyone other single a team including UC to beat Mitchell IMO. Again, everyone has opinions. I do feel that Hampton is a legitimate top 5 team in the state this year. Again, just my opinion. 

Finally yes it is ok to congratulate one's team. The problem I have is when one has a lack of respect for the competition. You don't have to rub someones nose in the ground, even if you think you have a superior team. More people might pull for UC if the majority of their posters did not seem so arrogant ( you are not in that list). 

don't you read the paper I think UC was ranked #1 in singe A the whole season. True Mitchell is last years champ but that was last year. Until they get beat they are still #1.

Hey Stock, I have to disagree with you there. Rankings mean nothing. Those are decided by sportswriters who basically haven't seen 90% of the teams they vote on. Mitchell hasn't lost a game in 2 years to a Single A team and they are also defending champions so I would give the nod to them until UC knocks them off. I don't think there's any doubt UC would be #2 if coaches were voting. I may have to drive to Murfreesboro to see it if you play!