UNION CITY VS. HAMPTON: CLASS A STATE QUARTERFINALS

JDOGG80

lol, Pride UC has earned that respect. You can keep acting like Lou Holtz though :rolleyes:

Talkin' about your boy with his tail between his legs, downplaying the state appearance....LOL. I'm sure the OLD man will get fired up and shoot a few over the bow as the week goes on. It's a great time of year for basketball, time to have fun!

**He and Pujo have accused me of poor-mouthing our team over the years, aka Lou Holtz

Edited by gcapride

We are just glad to be there.  I know Hampton will be tough, anyone is tough that makes it to the state final 8.  Can Hampton Run ?  TCA sure thought they could !  Union City will be tough to handle.  We have played tough teams all year and had the Mercy rule on many.  Union City has many weapons, more than most teams.  If you want to compare Hampton to a Virginia team, then we will compare Union City to a Duke or Kentucky Team.  Fan of neither, Union City has the total package and playing at their best and 100% healthy.  WE are and will be ready.  We will have the best coaches in the tournament by far so you won't out coach us for sure.  Our kids go 110% for entire game.  Will transition game you to death.  You better play more than 6 or 7 players also....once again, ask TCA.  Our kids are very classy...very respectful to others.  We will bring a crowd.  This is a very special team so be ready.  We will take one game at a time.  The Boro has been good to the Union  City teams.  Our team also knows what happened in 1960 so that was years ago but will be brought up to our kids.  Should be fun....bring your oxygen, you will need a truck load!

The TSSAA paired us up with you cats so thats who we have to play. I'm fairly sure everyone in 1a knows that you and Mitchell are huge favorites. We are what we are and we'll give it heck, if were outmanned ,so be it.  I don't think you will out coach us but you may be more talented, it happens. Were just happy to get the chance to compete with you guys. It wouldn't be the 8th wonder of the world if we were to win. Bring IT.

The last time we were in the state tournament we were down 17 points in the 4th quarter of the championship game to Memphis Manassas who was led by Reginald Buckner that later played at Ole Miss. We won that game. We may get beat by someone but we'll never give up.

I'm guessing the back to back state appearances are just blind luck it's amazing that these mountain boys can even find there way to Murfreesboro much less play basketball I said it once and I'll say it again at this point in the season Hampton may get beat by talent but there won't be another team down there that will play with more heart than we will and despite all the sarcasm we will be ready and we will give union our best game but I have to say I do love when a team underestimates us it makes the game just that much sweeter

I'm guessing the back to back state appearances are just blind luck it's amazing that these mountain boys can even find there way to Murfreesboro much less play basketball I said it once and I'll say it again at this point in the season Hampton may get beat by talent but there won't be another team down there that will play with more heart than we will and despite all the sarcasm we will be ready and we will give union our best game but I have to say I do love when a team underestimates us it makes the game just that much sweeter

You don't have to get through what we do to get there...LoL...

BTW...We have played those gritty, full of heart teams...Chucky Doak, Cosby, Wayne County, Moore County etc at this level...Been told we better watch out for them, they will give it all they got...Maybe you guys will actually be that team but excuse us if we act like it's the boy crying wolf...