UNION CITY VS. HAMPTON: CLASS A STATE QUARTERFINALS

JDOGG80

We also played at. Omen areina the. first. of. Year. And. Beat. Two good. Teams. Pretty bad. So. big. Gym don't. worry us. Uc. Wins by double digit you. can count on it.

The only thing we count on is HHS coming to play!

Dbl digit win for UC may happen, but I hope, I REALLY HOPE, we're not trying to reinvent the wheel. I hope we come with the game that got us there.

I don't question these coaches because I know they'll have the DOGS ready to play.

Uc fans admit they are big fish in small pond, so is Mitchell. Jump up a pond and play aa next year.

I'm not familiar with Union City and their school district. Are you saying this because they are Open Zone? I know they are very good at sports, just wondering about the pond comment.

I agree about shooting in different type arenas BUT, do you not play in different gyms all season, colors back ground, different depths in goal areas, seating behind goals, etc.  So, when you are a good shooing team like Union City, t will not affect them much at all.  They will be practicing in other gyms o be ready.   Both teams will have the case of the nerves going into the game so anything can be a distraction.  Our coaches have been there before, lots of times and in big games so that is NOT a factor either.  If Union City doesn't try to get in a hurry like they did in the first half against TCA, they will be fine.  As you know, the really settled down in the second half and embarrassed TCA basically.  And TCA was a good team.  So to respond to the shoot problems in the Boro "Glass House" Gym, I really do not think it will cause to many problems for Union City.

I agree about shooting in different type arenas BUT, do you not play in different gyms all season, colors back ground, different depths in goal areas, seating behind goals, etc. So, when you are a good shooing team like Union City, t will not affect them much at all. They will be practicing in other gyms o be ready. Both teams will have the case of the nerves going into the game so anything can be a distraction. Our coaches have been there before, lots of times and in big games so that is NOT a factor either. If Union City doesn't try to get in a hurry like they did in the first half against TCA, they will be fine. As you know, the really settled down in the second half and embarrassed TCA basically. And TCA was a good team. So to respond to the shoot problems in the Boro "Glass House" Gym, I really do not think it will cause to many problems for Union City.

there's one thing the glass house has that no high school gym I've ever seen has and I've been in alot and I do mean alot of gyms in my time and that would be 2 HUGE scoreboards one behind each goal and if your not used to the flashing and the lights from them they will effect your shots and the simple fact of it is there isn't anyone on unions team that has played in the glass house for a state title so my guess is they will be a little glassy eyed at the start of the game now that doesn't mean they will stay that way long but you just never know what will happen and I know from being there last year and watching our boys go through the same thing it will happen if you don't believe me just ask Mitchell it almost cost them a title

I'm not familiar with Union City and their school district. Are you saying this because they are Open Zone? I know they are very good at sports, just wondering about the pond comment.

Historically uc was AA. Union city itself is a larger than normal single a "town". Back in the day union city dominated the AA scene. Idk what happened that caused them to lose students to fall to single A. I really would like to know. Other schools built etc. I have no clue. Humboldt was another that was a AA power but I know other schools new ones in area has pulled their numbers down. Uc judging by the city itself and local area should still have AA numbers but don't. I believe they could absolutely contend for titles in AA.

Historically uc was AA. Union city itself is a larger than normal single a "town". Back in the day union city dominated the AA scene. Idk what happened that caused them to lose students to fall to single A. I really would like to know. Other schools built etc. I have no clue. Humboldt was another that was a AA power but I know other schools new ones in area has pulled their numbers down. Uc judging by the city itself and local area should still have AA numbers but don't. I believe they could absolutely contend for titles in AA.

Enrollment began to decline over the last several years. The final straw was when the local Goodyear plant closed a few years back, and many families relocated to other Goodyear facilities or simply moved for other jobs. It was devastating to the community and surrounding area. On the plus side, the community support has been and continues to be stellar! Public and private funding is very strong. There is always the rumbling from other area schools that Union City should be a AA school. They are playing in the classification that they should be because of their enrollment. They are close to AA status and probably will be in the next few years.

Several years ago the county school system built 2 grade schools just outside UC's city limits. They pulled a lot of students out of UC schools. It happened because UC has a sizable black population. Our enrollment dropped to 250 students at one time. Now after years have passed a lot of the white kids are starting to come back. Their parents have discovered that a good education is more important than the racial makeup of the school. The numbers are coming up and I'm sure we will soon be 2a in football but I doubt we'll ever be large enough to go 2a in basketball.

I just wanted to post a few things before the game Thursday. .Most of the post that I have read is correct about the UC TEAM..Im taking nothing away from Hamptons basketball program but I know how hungry these UC kids are and it just looks like Hampton has a huge mountain to climb beating this squad and I wish you guys luck trying to get too the top..And as far as coaching goes Hampton may be better in that category. .UC fsns have to remember that they havent been to the glass house since 08..And in my eyes should have been their the last 3 years but couldnt get over the hump til now!..And Hampton will be making back to back state appearances so that tells me they know what to expect and handle the pressure a little more than UC..BUT!..I think this game will be similar to the TCA game but UC will probably get it together and pull away half way through the 3rd Q..I hope all the kids their play injury free and have fun while it last..I hope to make it but I dont know yet..TCA is so right about Galilee not posting much because he knows what his boys MITCHELL. is bringing to the table their..Ill enjoy watching them if I go..Maybe if the top 2 teams make it to the championship it will be a game of the year!..Everyone drive safely. .Uknowit I hope to meet you Thursday. .I have enjoyed reading your posts over the years and it sounds if though you know your stuff pretty well. .TCA IF you get to Boro holler at me.