UNION CITY VS. HAMPTON: CLASS A STATE QUARTERFINALS

JDOGG80

I just wanted to post a few things before the game Thursday. .Most of the post that I have read is correct about the UC TEAM..Im taking nothing away from Hamptons basketball program but I know how hungry these UC kids are and it just looks like Hampton has a huge mountain to climb beating this squad and I wish you guys luck trying to get too the top..And as far as coaching goes Hampton may be better in that category. .UC fsns have to remember that they havent been to the glass house since 08..And in my eyes should have been their the last 3 years but couldnt get over the hump til now!..And Hampton will be making back to back state appearances so that tells me they know what to expect and handle the pressure a little more than UC..BUT!..I think this game will be similar to the TCA game but UC will probably get it together and pull away half way through the 3rd Q..I hope all the kids their play injury free and have fun while it last..I hope to make it but I dont know yet..TCA is so right about Galilee not posting much because he knows what his boys MITCHELL. is bringing to the table their..Ill enjoy watching them if I go..Maybe if the top 2 teams make it to the championship it will be a game of the year!..Everyone drive safely. .Uknowit I hope to meet you Thursday. .I have enjoyed reading your posts over the years and it sounds if though you know your stuff pretty well. .TCA IF you get to Boro holler at me.

UC may have not been to the glass house since '08, but just because Hampton's been there in back to back years doesn't mean they're less hungry than UC. I don't expect anyone from the West is going to think a team from the East has a chance

Edited by HamptonBulldogs1

Uc fans admit they are big fish in small pond, so is Mitchell. Jump up a pond and play aa next year.

Are you saying UC needs to play AA instead of A next year? If so, I'm pretty sure they don't make that decision, the TSSAA does. Trust me.....we have to play them in football & basketball so I would love for them to play AA but people need to give the Tornadoes a break & realize that they're playing where they are placed. UC is a large town but their enrollment is lower because of Obion County High School, South Fulton High School & the loss of Goodyear families. Anyone that knows anything about UC athletics knows that those athletes work year round to be in the position they are in to win state championships. GO TORNADOES!! Represent our area well!

Are you saying UC needs to play AA instead of A next year? If so, I'm pretty sure they don't make that decision, the TSSAA does. Trust me.....we have to play them in football & basketball so I would love for them to play AA but people need to give the Tornadoes a break & realize that they're playing where they are placed. UC is a large town but their enrollment is lower because of Obion County High School, South Fulton High School & the loss of Goodyear families. Anyone that knows anything about UC athletics knows that those athletes work year round to be in the position they are in to win state championships. GO TORNADOES!! Represent our area well!

Well said dtown. Those kids work HARD year round and an winning tradition and attitude reflects in their records. If you work hard for it, it will happen. Good luck to the tornados, but I'm a DAWG in this one.

Weather stations have issued a Golden Tornado Warning for Murfreesboro for 11 A this morning! That way everyone can be prepared to take cover. GO UC!

Weather stations now have a new update... The tornado warning for 11 will be downgraded to a light zephyr by 12:30 today in Murfreesboro. Go Dogs!

Ed, if you weren't my friend, I don't think I could bear it

:( You're not my pal?

Hey I've been around these boards for some time too...Appears some's skin is thin for sure! Just look at notes 1 thru 6 for proof.

And don't act so darn innocent about your posts! Your disrespect is toward players and coaches...And now towards my poor mother and father for not raising me as well as your's did you :rolleyes: ....The fact is, nobody really cares, but what else are we gonna do until March 12th to kill time? I mean, if you and I were not trading posts, what would be going on on this board? NOTHING!

Seven...You don't know if I coach or not!

Eight....I have always been and will always be "class" on these boards

Nine....Nobody cares if you like Hampton's gym! (could not resist)...Although it is one of those 1950's gyms that I wish all HS gyms were like today!

Ten...This is getting very elementary