AA state

90warrior

maybe ur team should just get better...i dont recall CPA winning it last year...or even playing for the title

they have church league up there in middle TN dont they???

definitely see ripley playing on saturday...may get pretty nasty in that one...but their draw is very nice

haywood maybe, and i seem to recall only 2 teams from the state of TN beating haywood in the last 2 years...ripley being one of them...and taking them to the wire more than once

they will be greatly outsized...but that hasnt stopped them when it mattered...

i would not be surprised to see an all district 15 title game...if thats the case...ripley has a shot...cpa would be too much after 3 straight days of ripleys stud getting knocked to the floor game after game

:roflol:  :roflol:  :roflol: ripley might want to get pass chatt central first. unless we get in foul trouble or ripley make 7 threes or more. you can forget about making it pass thursday. don't be surprised if cpa struggles with brainerd or gets upset. don't under estimate both chattanooga teams because they are really two great teams not just teams made up of one or two studs. its going to take a team effort to beat them or put them out not one or two studs on a team. see you guys tomorrow. time for chattanooga to make some noise!!!!!!!!

:roflol::roflol::roflol: ripley might want to get pass chatt central first. unless we get in foul trouble or ripley make 7 threes or more. you can forget about making it pass thursday. don't be surprised if cpa struggles with brainerd or gets upset. don't under estimate both chattanooga teams because they are really two great teams not just teams made up of one or two studs. its going to take a team effort to beat them or put them out not one or two studs on a team. see you guys tomorrow. time for chattanooga to make some noise!!!!!!!!

Ripley shoots the 3 well and Neither chatt team will make it to Saturday

How is it even if one team gets its pick of players all over the country and most other teams play with whatever gets off the bus

CPA did not pick those players. Those players picked CPA. CPA has not broken a single TSSAA rule in basketball since Drew Maddox arrived. And i am pretty sure the TSSAA is privy to all the rumors of cheating that are spread through out the state. If they are cheating, they would be in trouble. there is no way you can get away with cheating and be on everyone's radar if you are guilty. 

CPA did not pick those players. Those players picked CPA. CPA has not broken a single TSSAA rule in basketball since Drew Maddox arrived. And i am pretty sure the TSSAA is privy to all the rumors of cheating that are spread through out the state. If they are cheating, they would be in trouble. there is no way you can get away with cheating and be on everyone's radar if you are guilty. 

No-No-No EAVPete....you didn't! No common sense or truth allowed on Coach T re: this subject!

The real sad part is that you probably believe all of that.

Edited by 2WHEELHogEye

For me its a sad day for Tennessee Athletics.  In AA you have a team that has recruited so heavily from across the country,that they have no competition and the only team in Tennessee that has a chance to beat them is Memphis Hamilton who was caught cheating and playing and illegal player but yet is still allowed to compete for our state championship, even though they fired 2 girls coaches, banned them from post season play and put them on probation for trying to lose a game.  I for one think we need new leadership at TSSAA otherwise things like this are going to be common place.   :popcorneater:

Edited by UCSportsFan

FYI for all the CPA haters: in most surrounding states there is no private/public split. Georgia, Kentucky etc. It makes for better competition & rivalry. Kentucky only has 1 basketball champ! I can't imagine how bad you would cry if you lived in a state where the playing field was even

And the way KY does it with one classifacation is stupid, and 90% of people oitside of KY will tell you so. You take the best 10 players a tiny school like Jenkins or Fleming-Neon have EVER had, and they probably still couldn't compete with even one of Ballard's average teams...

Level playing field my butt.

...CPA has not broken a single TSSAA rule in basketball since Drew Maddox arrived...

That is not true, documented ones include players on campus during dead period, observing players at a summer AAU contest (team was on probationary status for a time) and losing a win one year due to playing an ineligible player.  Let the justification and minimizing begin, but those are TSSAA rules.  Truth is allowed, you just have to know how to sift fact from fiction.  

• Upvote 1

How is it even if one team gets its pick of players all over the country and most other teams play with whatever gets off the bus

Every player he brought in they was 8th and below so what is Maddux doing wrong, they middle school is not tmssaa so they have no rules. So why not bring in a 8th grader that can start for high school or at least be affected in the court.

Every player he brought in they was 8th and below so what is Maddux doing wrong, they middle school is not tmssaa so they have no rules. So why not bring in a 8th grader that can start for high school or at least be affected in the court.

Are you kidding? That is still recruiting which is illegal! Only a matter of time before someone turns them in.