Donovan Stewart released his Spring Top Ten in 2a!

Pride, 7, healthy, would have thrown on ya all night and you know it...drop back in coverage and he runs wide open as would our backs...BUT, you all had line advantage and played with a vengeance.

Soft coverage pfffft please LOL

Just bustin on ya...

Edited by uknoit2

I see Grace vs Hampton/GP as quarterfinal in Region 1/2. Region 3/4 will be a slugfest to get to the semi's. Tyner, Marion, Westmoreland, Boyd will all knock each other off. Any one of the 4 could compete in any region. Glad they are all in the same "quad" as we used to know it.

Grace returns several starters across the board. Notably, the entire OL with several 2's that could start at most 2A schools, so depth shouldn't be an issue. With 24 seniors returning that have made 2 straight Semi-Final appearances, it could be another deep run for the Rams. Time will tell.

2 more days of dead period ladies and gentlemen, then it's time to prepare for Week 1. Good luck to all you 2A contenders. Let's have a great season on the T.

I will agree with your post, GCA will be the favorites from the east, Marion will also be in the conversation in the end I believe. The wild cards are the tyners, westmorelands, gat Pittman. Boyd should also be very good. I know Grace returns a ton of players, Marion does as well plus depending on the qb battle may throw a 2000yd passer in the mix and we become a real threat. We lost two special players to graduation that will be difficult to replace. No matter who wins the qb battle that position will be improved this fall. All the offensive linemen also return and I believe the defense will be better overall. Tell me about tyner, how did they look in the spring? I know they struggled last year, but that was in 3a and they return nearly everyone.

Tyner was not very good. As in the scrimmage against GCA last year they never crossed the 50 after the first quarter. GCA gave a heavy dose of there best players as #2 Kurranche and #6 before the injury ran Wild. Also in the scrimmage GCA used every starter that was important so the not at full strength comment is very inaccurate....I know GCA has lot coming back but I think people are forgetting rockwood beat them last year and they are returning quite a bit also.

Tyner was not very good. As in the scrimmage against GCA last year they never crossed the 50 after the first quarter. GCA gave a heavy dose of there best players as #2 Kurranche and #6 before the injury ran Wild. Also in the scrimmage GCA used every starter that was important so the not at full strength comment is very inaccurate....I know GCA has lot coming back but I think people are forgetting rockwood beat them last year and they are returning quite a bit also.

Rockwood did beat them,but when the playoffs rolled around RHS got manhandled by Oneida (Rockwood also beat them first game) and then GCA steamrolled Oneida.RHS always seams to play GCA tough but when it comes playoff time GCA is always prepared.I still think RHS will end up a 3 or 4 seed.

Rockwood did beat them,but when the playoffs rolled around RHS got manhandled by Oneida (Rockwood also beat them first game) and then GCA steamrolled Oneida.RHS always seams to play GCA tough but when it comes playoff time GCA is always prepared.I still think RHS will end up a 3 or 4 seed.

That's very true they did get beat by a good Oneida but like you said always plays GCA tough. if they finish 3rd or 4th like you predict then they I say they will get a chance to play GCA in 2nd round. As all of region 2 teams will advance pass the first round.

Period??!!

Sounds of harshness towards your ole pal?

GCA was dang good last year and I would be EXTREMELY surprised if they weren't much better this year!

I was in no way knocking your unit last season and I didn't overlook your compliments (thank you)...but a possible 14 combined points from 7 (healthy) and 9 is a bit of shot

The GCA team that showed up in the playoffs was much improved from the team I had watched on film

Period??!!

Sounds of harshness towards your ole pal?

GCA was dang good last year and I would be EXTREMELY surprised if they weren't much better this year!

I was in no way knocking your unit last season and I didn't overlook your compliments (thank you)...but a possible 14 combined points from 7 (healthy) and 9 is a bit of shot

Haha, no not harsh at all. Everything I've heard from you Carter Co boys is that you will be much improved this year as well. We lost 4 solid football players. The only concern I have is can someone step up in those roles. I think they will. We also have a solid QB coming in. It all starts tomorrow. Good luck.