White County Girls Coach Resigns Sparta

Summit, I agree. Haley put a lot into it and didn't have the stacked teams of the 90's and early 2000's at his disposal. I think Dodgen is a good coach but he also had a lot of talent the last 4-5 years and overall 8-AA wasn't as great as it once was with Livingston and Upperman as down as I have seen them in a long time. I for one will be interested to see how he does at WC, it is a tough place to coach.

Your newc coach knows basketball and has a long family history in basketball ..his father was a very good one

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been following White County girls for 35 years and think Haley might have been their best coach .. He will be hard to replace . Coachs before him had a lot more talent . He put a lot into it and got better every year . Wish the new coach the best and will support him and the girls .

Come on man! For real? Ole Haley did a pretty good job but they didn't schedule any descent competition!

I am i full support the new coach . Easier path to state in 8AA . Region and substate games are a lot easier . If rutherford county teams keep bringing in recruits , They will win AAA every year .

Although the resume is good, I agree Summitt, 8 AA has an easier path with 7AA, the region year in and year out not very good competition. Sub-State is usually owned by 8-AA also.York, Dekalb, Macon not great in the district the last couple of years. But he has won many games, I think he will have success, the people in Sparta should get behind the team and coach.

8 aa and 7 a much tougher area district than 6 aaa. I prefer 8 aa and 7 a basketball, but lets not forget anybody that can go into Mcminn Central substate and win is pretty good. Coach Dodgen did that 2 years ago . I would bout bet the farm, Sparta as successful as they were could not have gone into Mcminn Central this year and won substate. Coach will get the most out of White county talent has to offer.