Union City

HoopsTN1

I really think Union City will be the favorite by a wide margin this next year. When you return the top player in the district plus they have a loaded sophomore class headlined by another Weddle. He has a chance to be a special player. I got a glimpse of him when he was in eight grade and I could tell he has a ton of potential. Now I really think that Lake County is going to be a team that is going to greatly improve under a new, young and hungry coach. Lake County has more talent than anyone in the District outside of Union City. I like Halls with King but coach Jerrett is past his prime and it is showing in his teams performance against Humboldt in the district simi. Humboldt is a scrap team but lacks the star power they used to put on the court. I think that the district will be like this

1. Union City

2. Lake County

3. Humboldt

4. Halls

5. Gibson County

6. South Fulton

7. Bradford

8. Greenfield

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really think Union City will be the favorite by a wide margin this next year. When you return the top player in the district plus they have a loaded sophomore class headlined by another Weddle. He has a chance to be a special player. I got a glimpse of him when he was in eight grade and I could tell he has a ton of potential. Now I really think that Lake County is going to be a team that is going to greatly improve under a new, young and hungry coach. Lake County has more talent than anyone in the District outside of Union City. I like Halls with King but coach Jerrett is past his prime and it is showing in his teams performance against Humboldt in the district simi. Humboldt is a scrap team but lacks the star power they used to put on the court. I think that the district will be like this

1. Union City

2. Lake County

3. Humboldt

4. Halls

5. Gibson County

6. South Fulton

7. Bradford

8. Greenfield

Being from Dyersburg, I think you are right about your new coach. He always was animated on the sidelines even during jv games, and I heard good things about him. I have not seen the talent Lake Co has but if they are good I think his energy can help win some games. If players trust their coach it can make them a lot better. Hopefully he can establish the authority since he is so young. He can't just be their friend. Good luck this upcoming year

• 2 weeks later...

1. Union City

2. Lake County

3. Humboldt

4. Halls

5. Gibson County

6. South Fulton

7. Bradford

8. Greenfield

I don't think Lake County will finish above Humboldt with four (4) starters returning that were young last year & still made it to Sub-state. Humboldt beat LC twice by over thirty (30) points &  Coach has had all summer (which he didn't last year)  to work with team and they will be better! Also, Humboldt has a 6'4 post player, that's the son of Humboldt new girls coach, that can play & will give the Vikings a low post present. The difference with this team is there will not be a star player(unless someone steps up) they will win because of good defense & unselfish play. Everybody picked Humboldt to finish fifth or six last year but finished District/regional runner up after the lose of Bradford & six (6) seniors. District 14A will still be the toughest district in the state in my opionion & whoever wins it will have a shot to go deep in the state playoffs!

I'm not going to say out of respect for the kid's family. I assume the UC faithful will let us know soon! You might be able to figure it out through Parker Stewart's Twitter. This kid will average 20 per game. It's not a might average 20 but WILL average 20. This also could just be a rumor but we will see.

Edited by TCAIntense

I was hearing rumours a month or so ago that one of Westviews best players may go to Union city.I think Westview has just about everyone back so didnt think it could be true.But was told his father was given a teachers job or maybe a coaches  or admintistrative job or something to that effect.Is this possibly what you are referring to?Or his Dad was already at Union city.I think if his Dad was already at Union city last year,shouldnt be a hardship since he was already there.If he is going this year,could see the TSSAA ruling in his favor if true.

Edited by mrbigster

Could be. I don't have confirmation but will later today. Hard to believe you would leave a team as loaded as Westview. They have a shot to go to MBoro.

I figured that was what you were talking about.I want to say his name is MCMillian.I know he's a white kid and can shoot the lights out.If true,I think they win the state pretty easily with what they have returning.But like you,had heard the rumour but was thinking the same thing.Why would you leave a loaded Westview team for a Single A team.Saw them last year,don't think Westview had any seniors and they beat Dyer Co close to 30 points.

I figured that was what you were talking about.I want to say his name is MCMillian.I know he's a white kid and can shoot the lights out.If true,I think they win the state pretty easily with what they have returning.But like you,had heard the rumour but was thinking the same thing.Why would you leave a loaded Westview team for a Single A team.Saw them last year,don't think Westview had any seniors and they beat Dyer Co close to 30 points.

I see the hype is starting again.