2015-2016 District 3 & 4 class A

Cookevegas3

I have seen them both play this year. You have way more to worry about in Harriman. Smith is good but they don't handle the ball well. You will win over Oakdale on your speed. They play about as flat footed as any team I have watched. And Smith is the only shooter they have that can create off the dribble. #21 is a good shooter but stands in one spot the entire game just moving the ball and taking shots. He is a spot up only guy. And that is not a knock....it just is what it is. They have one guy with a mustache that looks like a older senior. He plays really hard and moves around the court more than anyone other than Smith.

I think Meigs matches up worse against Harriman, because of Pace.

Pretty sure they have the same players they had last year against meigs. So just like the guy said earlier Oakdale played them tough last year and not sure how Harriman did with meigs. I think they lost to them as well. 91-67 with Pace. Edited by eaglesfan23

Pretty sure they have the same players they had last year agains meigs. So just like the guy said earlier Oakdale played them tough last year and not sure how Harriman did with meigs. I think they lost to them as well. 91-67 with Pace.

You are correct , Meigs whipped up on Harriman a lot last year, Pace is a great player but one great athlete does not cause many problems for them. What does cause problems is teams that defend well, attack the paint and teams that shoot well! Spot up shooters have torched Meigs this year , seems like every game teams light them up from the 3pt line! And some are below average teams that look above average against Meigs! (Greenback, Polk,etc.) I feel as if Meigs plays down to competition but will be ready for the Harriman game Friday, just like they were ready when Grace came down!

I have seen them both play this year. You have way more to worry about in Harriman. Smith is good but they don't handle the ball well. You will win over Oakdale on your speed. They play about as flat footed as any team I have watched. And Smith is the only shooter they have that can create off the dribble. #21 is a good shooter but stands in one spot the entire game just moving the ball and taking shots. He is a spot up only guy. And that is not a knock....it just is what it is. They have one guy with a mustache that looks like a older senior. He plays really hard and moves around the court more than anyone other than Smith. 

I think Meigs matches up worse against Harriman, because of Pace. 

You may be right on matchups vs Meigs, I haven't seen Meigs....harriman may well be a tougher matchup for them.  But I have seen OD and Harriman 2 or 3 times...I think OD beats Hman 3 times out of 4. OD not scary athletically, but better overall than Hman most nights.

Tonight was one of our WORST shooting nights LOL. honestly Windam was on fire but not so much the team and Connor Arnold had a tough offensive night like 11 points but was a beast man on the boards and blocks. Harriman was begging us to run them out of the gym in the first half but boy your guys got it rolling in the 4th quarter. We still had 20+ turnovers......you can't do that and expect to win. We got lucky at the end tonight and made a few good plays to pull it out, but that game was 13 point lead in the 1st and we had a 51-40 lead at the end of the 3.

If GCA wants to advance to State they better learn to put the hammer down while the hammer is high.....Kudos to Harriman. Johnson had 3 tough quarter but came up big in the 4th. I was happy to see him get of the block that last quarter and show that burst on both ends. Pace played well and didn't over play tonight I thought he played well. Harriman is a knock down shooter from being a much better team. We escaped tonight and a win is a win. Ask Kentucky LOL.......

Kudos Harriman for not quitting early and fighting until the buzzer. People need to get behind that coach. As far as GCA we had some good moments tonight but we cannot expect to see the success we want when we extend the lead 3 separate times to 12+ and then let a team back into it with turnovers and rushed shot selection. Thank gosh Robby Windam had a great shooting night and I will give to Connor, he had about 15-20 boards and 7 blocks along with his 9or 10 points. Andrews hit some key shots, Walker, Ledford, Gettelfinger, they all battled and keep shooting.

Our wrongs tonight were turnovers and almost every time we scored we immediately got beat back in transition or couldn't get a stop. Just could not get a stop after a made bucket. Maybe I am wrong but I felt like tonights game was more GCA letting Harriman hang around way to long and then when it counted, Harriman got very inspired at home and made a run. Harriman had the lead with 16 seconds on the clock.......no shame it that. I don't want to play them again, and Meigs better watch out because one thing Harriman is ........is athletic and scrappy. After tonight, I think Harriman might get Meigs in 1 of the 2 games. Wouldn't surprise me lets say.

I was speaking just in general to your shooters as I've saw you guys a few times. You are correct that Grace had ample opportunities to put it away and be a potential blow out with guys sitting because of foul trouble. Props to our boys for coming off the bench and fighting and taking it down to the wire. Meigs will be a steep test, but that's why you play the game. I would really like to at least take one from Meigs, that would be really nice! Good overall breakdown though 12th Man. Holler at me if your down that way on Friday!

You may be right on matchups vs Meigs, I haven't seen Meigs....harriman may well be a tougher matchup for them. But I have seen OD and Harriman 2 or 3 times...I think OD beats Hman 3 times out of 4. OD not scary athletically, but better overall than Hman most nights.

Interesting take on the two teams. I really believe we will see Oakdale come region tournament time! It should be a doozy!

Harriman can play with Meigs. I've seen both. Harriman's defense is more intense and they can run just like Meigs. Harriman will have to box out and fight for rebounds because Meigs players can all jump and are very aggressive on the boards. Meigs plays very physical, scrappy basketball but so does Harriman. Neither team has true bigs under the goal. Meigs seems to like the 3 ball and running fast break. Meigs however has a lot of depth much more than Harriman. Meigs is also a very good shooting team across the board. I would pick Meigs to win at home but could be closer than one might think.

Harriman can play with Meigs. I've seen both. Harriman's defense is more intense and they can run just like Meigs. Harriman will have to box out and fight for rebounds because Meigs players can all jump and are very aggressive on the boards. Meigs plays very physical, scrappy basketball but so does Harriman. Neither team has true bigs under the goal. Meigs seems to like the 3 ball and running fast break. Meigs however has a lot of depth much more than Harriman. Meigs is also a very good shooting team across the board. I would pick Meigs to win at home but could be closer than one might think.

Pretty good observation, although I believe our post player had mid 20s and most of them were in the paint! Don't feel bad , he drops that on almost everyone! He at times scores at will!

You fellas from Meigs better have those boys putting on a show tomorrow night! I'm making the drive from Harriman because i'm excited to see this Meigs team play. Regardless of who it is, you have to appreciate a good basketball team. You guys are a team that's built for March and this will be an excellent test for the Big Blue tomorrow night! If we come in and play our best ball like we're capable of, then I honestly like our chances to play with you guys and possibly pull out a W. I still think our top 3 would finish at the top of district four on most any day. Say what you will but when Harriman is on, it's extremely tough to match up with. I feel strongly that we could be poised to make a run and knock a couple teams off come tournament time! You Meigs guys let me know where you're at tomorrow and we can meet up and talk some basketball.

You fellas from Meigs better have those boys putting on a show tomorrow night! I'm making the drive from Harriman because i'm excited to see this Meigs team play. Regardless of who it is, you have to appreciate a good basketball team. You guys are a team that's built for March and this will be an excellent test for the Big Blue tomorrow night! If we come in and play our best ball like we're capable of, then I honestly like our chances to play with you guys and possibly pull out a W. I still think our top 3 would finish at the top of district four on most any day. Say what you will but when Harriman is on, it's extremely tough to match up with. I feel strongly that we could be poised to make a run and knock a couple teams off come tournament time! You Meigs guys let me know where you're at tomorrow and we can meet up and talk some basketball.

Gonna be a great atmosphere! Lots of community support plus it's homecoming & senior night!! On a side note , Meigs will be without thier best defender for a few more games it sounds like , it shows when he is out, The kid causes opposing players a lot of frustration with physical on ball defense! He is a key part of the Tigers success! Edited by TFL

I think you are selling Wartburg shot they have made the state tournament 3 times since 2010 and I would not overlook them Oakdale or coalfield

We are about the wrap up the regular season, so changing the pace a little bit, who do you think is the MVP of each district and top players (all district team)?

I haven't seen everyone in d3. But as far as 4 goes. The McKinney kid at CF is hands downs the best overall player. Very good in every aspect of the game. Bet he's averaging close to a triple double. Smith is really good at OD and will probably win MVP because they're the best team. But McKinney is the best player... By a good bit... Best all around player I've seen in several years in the district, especially as a 10th grader.

Top 6: OD-smith, j. hicks, CF- McKinney, WB-Carroll, fountain, OS-Murray...