2015-2016 District 3 & 4 class A

Cookevegas3

Probably correct. CF beat WB by about 30 last time...but playing at home is a huge advantage for WB. They squeaked by in the first game out at home...good chance to do it again. Not sure why the Morgan County teams keep giving them home court advantage every year. Wb is decent enough this year it may just hand them the district....Anywhere else, CF and OD beat them by 15. Send it to Oneida or Jellico some....I think they're big enough, aren't they?

OS just isn't very good in much of anything right now...

Oneida is not big enough and who wants to drive to jellico??

Is the district location ever put to a vote? And if so, does it really matter, the Morgan County Schools have the 4-3 advantage, and can always win the vote...correct?

I think last year they were going to move it to Anderson county HS in years when we didn't host the region but that fell through. I wouldn't mind seeing a completely neutral site for it.

Is the district location ever put to a vote? And if so, does it really matter, the Morgan County Schools have the 4-3 advantage, and can always win the vote...correct?

Last year it was put to a vote and it was suppose to be at Anderson county but Anderson co wanted more money to host it so it came back to Wartburg. And I think even the Wartburg vote was for AC.

First off, I hate every year how nobody says a word about the tourney at wartburg until its right at time and wartburg is in it. I have connections to every team and could care less where the tourney is held but who wants to go to Oneida or Jellico possibly 4 out of 5 nights? It is a fact that wartburg voted to have the tourney at AC last year because they were tired of all the fussing and they probably get tired of doing all the work to make sure everything is ready to go and they get the same amount of money as every other team playing that night so if I am wb I vote to move it too. AC wanted more money and all the schools that complain about it being at wb didn't want to pay up to move it so it came back to wb. As far as coal and Oneida go I hate to see it for the Oneida kids because they played hard all night and the officiating was terrible. Oneida should have won that one. If coal plays like that Saturday then wb will run them out of the gym. I see oakdale taking care of business on Saturday night pretty easy. Glad to see somewhat of an upset with Jellico, hate it for Coach Ingram and OS tho. Back to the tourney, nobody said a word about it being at wb last year when they wasn't playing in it so the way I see it is that if you don't complain then don't complain now. I would like for it to be closer to home but oh well lets just go play. Since 2007 every district school boys team except Oneida has won a district title at Wartburg. They were satellite in 2009 and it was at os, so in the past 8 tourneys at wartburg there have been 6 winners with the repeat winners being wb and Jellico.

2007-OS beat WB

2008-WB beat SB

2009-satelite at OS

2010-Jellico beat OS

2011-Jellico beat WB

2012-WB beat Oneida

2013-SB beat WB

2014-Coal beat WB

2015-Oak beat Coal**Game was canceled and not played due to weather. Oak "won" because they were the higher seed***

2007-OS beat WB

2008-WB beat SB

2009-satelite at OS

2010-Jellico beat OS

2011-Jellico beat WB

2012-WB beat Oneida

2013-SB beat WB

2014-Coal beat WB

2015-Oak beat Coal**Game was canceled and not played due to weather. Oak "won" because they were the higher seed***

So actually, Oneida and Oakdale haven't won the tourney title at Wartburg.  Oakdale should win it this year no problem.  It will be in the region where Oakdale gets tested, and we will see if that murderous early season schedule pays off.  Or have they been hampered by less than stellar competition all season compared to what they will see in the region?

First off, I hate every year how nobody says a word about the tourney at wartburg until its right at time and wartburg is in it. I have connections to every team and could care less where the tourney is held but who wants to go to Oneida or Jellico possibly 4 out of 5 nights? It is a fact that wartburg voted to have the tourney at AC last year because they were tired of all the fussing and they probably get tired of doing all the work to make sure everything is ready to go and they get the same amount of money as every other team playing that night so if I am wb I vote to move it too. AC wanted more money and all the schools that complain about it being at wb didn't want to pay up to move it so it came back to wb. As far as coal and Oneida go I hate to see it for the Oneida kids because they played hard all night and the officiating was terrible. Oneida should have won that one. If coal plays like that Saturday then wb will run them out of the gym. I see oakdale taking care of business on Saturday night pretty easy. Glad to see somewhat of an upset with Jellico, hate it for Coach Ingram and OS tho. Back to the tourney, nobody said a word about it being at wb last year when they wasn't playing in it so the way I see it is that if you don't complain then don't complain now. I would like for it to be closer to home but oh well lets just go play. Since 2007 every district school boys team except Oneida has won a district title at Wartburg. They were satellite in 2009 and it was at os, so in the past 8 tourneys at wartburg there have been 6 winners with the repeat winners being wb and Jellico.

2007-OS beat WB

2008-WB beat SB

2009-satelite at OS

2010-Jellico beat OS

2011-Jellico beat WB

2012-WB beat Oneida

2013-SB beat WB

2014-Coal beat WB

I'll have to disagree on Oneida should have won... yes officiating was terrible...but it hurt CF much more....Their leading scorer sat most of the game with sketchy fouls called on him. You can't let someone get hammered under the goal and 20 seconds later call a touch foul 20 feet from the basket. Plus, he fouled out late on a terrible charge call. That's what let Oneida back in the game...him sitting. CF just doesn't have consistent shooting  without their top two. That's when they struggle the most.