Lake Co looking for a head coach

mrbigster

Lake Co. Ever hire a coach? I would say they have their work cut out for them whoever gets it. Looking for Gibson, Bradford and Peabody to be tops in the district This year followed by Greenfield and Union City. I think the rest of the teams will mix up at the bottom. Seasons just around the corner.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lake Co. Ever hire a coach? I would say they have their work cut out for them whoever gets it. Looking for Gibson, Bradford and Peabody to be tops in the district This year followed by Greenfield and Union City. I think the rest of the teams will mix up at the bottom. Seasons just around the corner.

Yes,the assissant from Dresden.And yes they do have their work cut out.Not sure who will be able to handle the ball.They do have about 3 freshmen last year that has potential and had a middle school player that I think will start as a freshman.Thought they would be ok in a couple years once Coach Newsom's daughter would have been a sophomore but now looks like she will be going more likely to Dyersburg.Not sure if she enrolled at Lake Co middle school or Dyersburg this year.But either way,think she will be going out of county her freshman year.Hope I'm wrong. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yes,the assissant from Dresden.And yes they do have their work cut out.Not sure who will be able to handle the ball.They do have about 3 freshmen last year that has potential and had a middle school player that I think will start as a freshman.Thought they would be ok in a couple years once Coach Newsom's daughter would have been a sophomore but now looks like she will be going more likely to Dyersburg.Not sure if she enrolled at Lake Co middle school or Dyersburg this year.But either way,think she will be going out of county her freshman year.Hope I'm wrong. 

Newsom's daughter is at Dyersburg Middle School this year

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe some new school board members.They hired the supe from Memphis and he came in and brought his own friends and made them principals who had been there awhile.Ended up losing about 22 teachers to Obion Co,Dyersburg and Dyer Co.Ended up losing a very popular football and basketball coach,who if still there probably would still have a lot of the athletes attending Dyersburg and Dyer Co and still living in Lake Co

Newsom's daughter is at Dyersburg Middle School this year

Yes.I believe her mother started teaching in Dyersburg this year.I heard rumours to why Coach Johnson stepped down,supposedely not getting another job in the school system.Probably ticked him off and then Coach Newsome supposedely didnt get the jobs he was wanting to do.Maybe rumour.I would have like Coach Newsome to have gotten the high school job but didnt happen.With that being said,with his wife teaching in another county,his daughter going to school there,I hear Coach Newsome is teaching PE and maybe driving a bus.Dont really know.But if he is,I know it's hard to fire someone with tenure but I'd make it a little harder for him to stay employed in the LC school systemHe lives in Obion Co so would maybe make it a little harder and have him drive a few more miles to Tiptonville.Then hopefully when it's re-election time,try to make sure new school board members are hired as they have created a lot of this mess.

So are you saying these new coaches are bad hires for LC? If so, they could be gone whenever there are new board members. Seems like a lot of dysfunction there. It's hard to win without support from board, teachers, and community.

No I'm not saying they are bad hires.I think they will do a great job.The girls coach will have a tougher task but can't blame him for the talent level.I think he'll get the most he can out of them.I'm behind both of them.Just saying had the board not went outside and hired the super it would never had led to all those teachers leaving and the Bargers leaving also.I'm hoping now things start to get stable.Surely all the parents in Lake Co doesnt have the money it takes to send their kids 40 miles round trip every day.Unless someone else is helping,which I am told is what is happening.I would think sooner or later these kids stay home.Not against the coaches.Just that had the things that the school board did,wouldnt be in the position they have been in the past couple years.I think it's getting better.

So are you saying these new coaches are bad hires for LC? If so, they could be gone whenever there are new board members. Seems like a lot of dysfunction there. It's hard to win without support from board, teachers, and community.

No, what he's saying is it takes one or two people in the right position to mess up a small school like LC or any program for that matter. Just ask Dyersburg why all the good boys end up at DC and have since 2006-2007.

The superintendent they got rid of ran off alot of teachers and coaches that were happy at LC.

Then they were scrambling to get people there. LC is not the perfect place to live. So it can be hard to attract people. 

The guys they hired to coach will do a good job. The girl's coach will have a tougher time, not impossible but tougher than the boys coach.

Edited by warmachine7954

• 4 weeks later...