Pre-season Poll: Class 2A Region 5

CoachT

Pre-Season Rankings  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the top team for the region in 2015

losing the QB and 3 WR and 1 LB is a big loss.   hard to replace that much key

Just depends.. Camden has  lost more but been better and has lost less but been worse for it.

I think that 1 LB is the biggest thing they lost. He was a stud.If the kid that played JV QB is the starter this year that could  hurt too. He is not threat to run and makes the O less explosive . They return the Oline and Dline which is a huge plus.  They need to figure out how to stop the single wing..  that's what did them in in the playoffs.

easier said than done.   when run well its very very hard to get possession of the ball..you cant score with  out the ball.  They obviously have a good coach and he performed a miricle last season no doubt. Coach McConnell will have them ready..He is from Camden after all..:P Building a nice big house over here waiting on his chance to jump ship I am sure lol

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

losing the QB and 3 WR and 1 LB is a big loss.   hard to replace that much key

Waverly lost 2 linebackers (#34 and #1). There was a noticeable difference after #34 got hurt last year, and #1 was good for 10-15 tackles a game in the middle.

Waverly also lost from their secondary #83, #12, and #3 (#10 became a regular there in the playoffs).

The defense has a lot of holes to fill as well. Starting the regular season with Camden will be baptism by fire for the young ones. The good news is the line on both sides basically remains the same, and Palk has had another off-season to keep getting better. I think it will be another successful year, with some growing pains thrown in the first few weeks.

Edited by 31ballfan

I think that the teams dropping down in classification will be hard to top for the region title, they're used to tougher competition week after week, and they were all pretty good in their previous seasons. We did add a wonderful OC, but lost a great DC that was a difference maker and will be hard to replace.

Done with the negative...Scotts Hill is hungry, and will show up ready to compete every week. They have some speed, they have experience at the skill positions, they have a coaching staff that will have them ready for their opponent's style of play, and most importantly the kids believe that if they prepare and play up to their coaches standards that the scoreboard will take care of it's self.

From what I know of the teams (very little of most), Waverly or Hickman Co. would be the obvious choices, but there doesn't look like any easy games in the region for anybody. 

Edited by tradertwo

Guest AdamsvilleDad26

Trader I believe Scott's Hill can set the tone by winning their first game against McNairy. I believe that gme will open peoples eyes on how much that program has improved

• 2 weeks later...

I agree that this season should have more of a fun element given that there are three new teams to play against and new talent to watch. The team that thinks they have all the answers and gets comfortable and lazy prior to any game will be the team that looks foolish when the lights go out for the night. Coaches better stay on their toes and have their teams ready for hard fought battles each and every week.