Should the TSSAA BOC add a third division? D3 aka "Whiners Division"?

Division III aka "The Whiners Division"?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Should Trousdale Co. and Lewis Co. be allowed to be the initial two members of Division III aka "The Whiners Division"?

• Yes. All schools in DIII deserve a big GREEN football trophy at the end of each year!
    • Yes, and in addition to the GREEN trophy the coaches and administrators of each DIII school should receive a pink crying towel!
    • No. These schools need to learn to work harder and coach up their players. In life all things are hardly ever easy and seldom even steven "fair".

You're right Reitz...my post was in defense of Shields's criticism, not so much for the coach. He has the right to whatever opinion he chooses, but to even form an opinion concerning an issue that directly affects you personally and professionally, without knowing the facts isn't too smart. To have your opinion put into print in the largest publication in the region, without affirming that your statements about other programs are true...that just looks like bitterness and contempt.

I just really have a hard time believing that a coach who has been in a district as long as Comer didn't know that policy. And don't get me wrong. I'm not criticizing the policy. Milan is opened zone and pretty much has the same policy. But Jeff Morris will tell you in a heart beat Milan is open zone.

New to Coach T.....read this entire thread trying to gain a little insight into how public schools like Alcoa and Maryville can win state championships year after year. Alcoa is a really small town - I realize they are in an open zone; but still I find it hard to believe any school can stay that good. I can understand the opinions on both sides of this debate though.

Interesting post in reference to an article in the Tennessean today.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/high-school/2015/06/20/tssaa-public-private-split-explained/29050895/

Daniel Hiller Â·

Split! Private schools need to get out of TSSAA and set-up their own organiztion and then refuse to Play or compete against any TSSAA public schools in any sport in Tennessee. 

The Private schools then need to recruit every student they want for any reason they want them anyway they want. 
Let the Public Schools destroy themselves they're already doing such a great job of destroying themselves in the inner-cities of TN, For gods sake, STOP TALKING give the cry babies their meaningless trophies ---Goodbye and Good riddance---PERIOD!!

Let the parents, family and friends of private education just VOTE down any and EVERY request for funds for any reason for public school districts--Liberal Loony Land hasn't created enough class envy, and racial division and hate so let's give them ALL they ask for ----then sit back, laugh and watch as the REAL WHINING BEGINS! 
Edited by kenmynattcpa

Ken there would not be any problems if people showed integrity in the current system. Everyone knows certain private schools in D1 recruit. The problem is proving it. It is because of these few schools that a split is wanted. Go ahead and refuse to play public schools. Ensworth, MBA, BA, etc would all be just fine. However, schools like FRA, Davidson, and even NCS would crumble athletically imo. The hate that is at the end of your post is laughable. Imagine private schools with a 35-1 student teacher ratio. Do you really think private schools would be any different than public schools.

And buses in Memphis only run for the specific school they are assigned. If students whats to go to Arlington and lives in Whitehaven, the student must provide transportation. That's about 25 miles. A bus is not driving from Arlington to Whitehaven to pick up students no matter what kind of athlete the student is.

The principle at each school has the final decision on whether a student from out of their zone can attend. And, Yes, athletic ability does have influence on the decision but from the principles I know, they are more concerned with over-crowding and their graduation rates than winning State.

You are correct about the graduation rates.

I find it humorous that TCA fans are calling others whiners when some of theirs spent last summer and fall complaining about Mitchell playing not up in the basketball forum. I really don't have much of an opinion on this topic. I see why some want the split. I don't much understand why the privates are so bent on staying. I would be tired of having to defend every successful team we have against recruiting and cheating accusations. But I won't complain either way. As long as everyone plays by the rules. I had a thought that wouldn't be very popular but it may be a compromise. If private schools want to play in the public school league let them play in the highest classification. So 6A in football and AAA in everything else.

Interesting post in reference to an article in the Tennessean today.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/high-school/2015/06/20/tssaa-public-private-split-explained/29050895/

Daniel Hiller Â·

Split! Private schools need to get out of TSSAA and set-up their own organiztion and then refuse to Play or compete against any TSSAA public schools in any sport in Tennessee. 

The Private schools then need to recruit every student they want for any reason they want them anyway they want. 

Let the Public Schools destroy themselves they're already doing such a great job of destroying themselves in the inner-cities of TN, For gods sake, STOP TALKING give the cry babies their meaningless trophies ---Goodbye and Good riddance---PERIOD!!

Let the parents, family and friends of private education just VOTE down any and EVERY request for funds for any reason for public school districts--Liberal Loony Land hasn't created enough class envy, and racial division and hate so let's give them ALL they ask for ----then sit back, laugh and watch as the REAL WHINING BEGINS! 

interesting facts related to that article

In 2002, the Collinwood coach and school cry foul and want a split....instead we get the multiplier.....the previous season in 2001, Collinwood HS Football goes 11-1 loosing to Ezell Harding (Private), who won the championship for its first and only title that year...... actually its the only time EH has ever been close, they have only had 12 winning season in the last 37 YEARS... ..

In 2014 Trousdale County and Lewis County cry foul and unfairness to T$$AA and want split

in 2012 Trousdale County (Public & 10 Championshisp) who was undefeated at the time, was put out of the playoffs in the second round by FCA (Private & 2 Championships) who had there championship taking away by Dresden (PUB).... Ttrousdale HS and county officials have been pounding their pacifiers and crying foul and unfairness ever since.....you have a Public school with 10 state championships crying foul over a Private who stripped them of their 11th Championship

In 2013 Lewis County (PUB) suffered its only loss in the Semifinals to CPA (Priivate) they cry foul to TSSAA  and want a slpit after thge season......of the 5 Lewis County 1 loss seasons, that was the only loss to a Private, but they call unfairness......this is not a shot at Alcoa ---- CPA did not win the Championship that year, it was taken away by a PUB (Alcoa)....

PUBLICS rerlated to that article

Trousdale County - 10 Championships (13 Finals)

Lewis County - 2 Semifinals 

PRIVATES related to that article

FCA - 2 Championships (3 Finals), lost 5 of 9 Finals to PUBS

Ezell Harding - 1 Championship (1 Final)

CPA - 3 Championships (4 Finals)

interestingly enough Trousdale has stripped the Privates of far more title than they have been stripped of; so why are they leading the split charge with 13 championship appearences.....Booger thought these things need pointed out.....Coincidence? Booger thinks not

Booger just sayin.smiley-face-crying.gif

In 2002, the Collinwood coach and school cry foul and want a split....instead we get the multiplier.....the previous season in 2001, Collinwood HS Football goes 11-1 loosing to Ezell Harding (Private), who won the championship for its first and only title that year...... actually its the only time EH has ever been close, they have only had 12 winning season in the last 37 YEARS... ..

In 2014 Trousdale County and Lewis County cry foul and unfairness to T$$AA and want split

in 2012 Trousdale County (Public & 10 Championshisp) who was undefeated at the time, was put out of the playoffs in the second round by FCA (Private & 2 Championships) who had there championship taking away by Dresden (PUB).... Ttrousdale HS and county officials have been pounding their pacifiers and crying foul and unfairness ever since.....you have a Public school with 10 state championships crying foul over a Private who stripped them of their 11th Championship

In 2013 Lewis County (PUB) suffered its only loss in the Semifinals to CPA (Priivate) they cry foul to TSSAA and want a slpit after thge season......of the 5 Lewis County 1 loss seasons, that was the only loss to a Private, but they call unfairness......this is not a shot at Alcoa ---- CPA did not win the Championship that year, it was taken away by a PUB (Alcoa)....

interestingly enough Trousdale has stripped the Privates of far more title than they have been stripped of; so why are they leading the split charge with 13 championship appearences.....Booger thought these things need pointed out.....Coincidence? Booger thinks not

In 2012 FCA had their championship taken away by Dresden? What are you talking about Boog.... did I miss something??

In 2013 Lewis County (PUB) suffered its only loss in the Semifinals to CPA (Priivate) they cry foul to TSSAA and want a slpit after thge season......of the 5 Lewis County 1 loss seasons, that was the only loss to a Private, but they call unfairness......this is not a shot at Alcoa ---- CPA did not win the Championship that year, it was taken away by a PUB (Alcoa)....

Ya know why Collinwood cried foul?? It wasnt just that season but in 2000 when they went 13-1 they where put out by a private in USJ in the Semi's(Furthest Cwood has ever been).

Then in 2001 they went 11-1 being eliminated by another private Ezell-Harding.

And in 2002, which was the best team ive ever seen play in 1A they go 11-1 and got thumped by CPA in the playoffs. That yr No team come within 12 points of beating them. They held 6 of 12 teams to a TD or less. They put up 40+ 5 times. Johnathan Ward playing QB was a thing of beauty. It was easy to see that night that CPA was loaded and def should have been in a higher classification. I mean have u ever been to Collinwood?? They got 275-325 students and have NOwhere at all to pull from because 12 miles away is Wayne County HS.

And just for good measure the next season in 2003 they go 9-3 guess who puts them outta the playoffs....CPA.

Same thing went on with my Wildcats just upthe road in Guess who ended our season in 2002...yep that same team. We wouldnt no state contending team that yr but in 03 and 04 we sure was. We go 10-2 both years, each regular season lose came from a team in 3A('03) & 2A('04). Very talented group yet the yr after CPA it was Ezell-Harding and DCA in 2003 and 2004.

So yep foul we did cry because it was not an equal playing field, not 1 bit. They where drawing from the Mid state like crazy and had all nice facilities and high paid coaches. We had and still do have very low quality weight room and our coache mows his own field, not becauae he wants to but the budget from the school. Combined Wboro and Cwood had around that time and still do have about 5-6K residents. And you can split that because the two schools are just 12 miles apart. Wasnt fair then and it still isnt. Just like Nashville Christian being in 1A....lol Rly?

I find it humorous that TCA fans are calling others whiners when some of theirs spent last summer and fall complaining about Mitchell playing not up in the basketball forum. I really don't have much of an opinion on this topic. I see why some want the split. I don't much understand why the privates are so bent on staying. I would be tired of having to defend every successful team we have against recruiting and cheating accusations. But I won't complain either way. As long as everyone plays by the rules. I had a thought that wouldn't be very popular but it may be a compromise. If private schools want to play in the public school league let them play in the highest classification. So 6A in football and AAA in everything else.

Mitchell is playing within the rules that do not require them to move up. It's their choice to stay or not. Currently we have a choice to stay in D1 or D2. If this were to pass we wouldn't have a choice. No whining there. My argument to Mitchell was competition. They obviously didn't get much in 1A this year. Won state championship by 25 or so. We played them the closest but it was at our place and they were without one of their two best players. This is a totally different type of subject.

Ya know why Collinwood cried foul?? It wasnt just that season but in 2000 when they went 13-1 they where put out by a private in USJ in the Semi's(Furthest Cwood has ever been).

Then in 2001 they went 11-1 being eliminated by another private Ezell-Harding.

And in 2002, which was the best team ive ever seen play in 1A they go 11-1 and got thumped by CPA in the playoffs. That yr No team come within 12 points of beating them. They held 6 of 12 teams to a TD or less. They put up 40+ 5 times. Johnathan Ward playing QB was a thing of beauty. It was easy to see that night that CPA was loaded and def should have been in a higher classification. I mean have u ever been to Collinwood?? They got 275-325 students and have NOwhere at all to pull from because 12 miles away is Wayne County HS.

And just for good measure the next season in 2003 they go 9-3 guess who puts them outta the playoffs....CPA.

Same thing went on with my Wildcats just upthe road in Guess who ended our season in 2002...yep that same team. We wouldnt no state contending team that yr but in 03 and 04 we sure was. We go 10-2 both years, each regular season lose came from a team in 3A('03) & 2A('04). Very talented group yet the yr after CPA it was Ezell-Harding and DCA in 2003 and 2004.

So yep foul we did cry because it was not an equal playing field, not 1 bit. They where drawing from the Mid state like crazy and had all nice facilities and high paid coaches. We had and still do have very low quality weight room and our coache mows his own field, not becauae he wants to but the budget from the school. Combined Wboro and Cwood had around that time and still do have about 5-6K residents. And you can split that because the two schools are just 12 miles apart. Wasnt fair then and it still isnt. Just like Nashville Christian being in 1A....lol Rly?

One point. The Collinwood team with Ward was a good football team, but the best ever in 1A? I saw them play as well. The CPA team that beat them barely beat the 2002 Boyd Buchanan team. Those teams were your typical good teams back then, but the best team ever? Your 2011 Wayne County team was as good top to bottom as that Collinwood team.

Mitchell is playing within the rules that do not require them to move up. It's their choice to stay or not. Currently we have a choice to stay in D1 or D2. If this were to pass we wouldn't have a choice. No whining there. My argument to Mitchell was competition. They obviously didn't get much in 1A this year. Won state championship by 25 or so. We played them the closest but it was at our place and they were without one of their two best players. This is a totally different type of subject.

Your argument about Mitchell is very valid and I agree with you. Places like Mitchell pulling from the areas they can pull from and bring kids in is a little differnent than small, rural open zone cpunties like the one we are in. That's the point I was trying to make the other day about our "open zone" policy. Those athletes Mitchell is bringing in on buses and the few kids that might live in Jasper and get driven to SP by a parent and vice versa is like comparing apples and oranges.