Should the TSSAA BOC add a third division? D3 aka "Whiners Division"?

Division III aka "The Whiners Division"?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Should Trousdale Co. and Lewis Co. be allowed to be the initial two members of Division III aka "The Whiners Division"?

• Yes. All schools in DIII deserve a big GREEN football trophy at the end of each year!
    • Yes, and in addition to the GREEN trophy the coaches and administrators of each DIII school should receive a pink crying towel!
    • No. These schools need to learn to work harder and coach up their players. In life all things are hardly ever easy and seldom even steven "fair".

Ken there would not be any problems if people showed integrity in the current system. Everyone knows certain private schools in D1 recruit. The problem is proving it. It is because of these few schools that a split is wanted. Go ahead and refuse to play public schools. Ensworth, MBA, BA, etc would all be just fine. However, schools like FRA, Davidson, and even NCS would crumble athletically imo. The hate that is at the end of your post is laughable. Imagine private schools with a 35-1 student teacher ratio. Do you really think private schools would be any different than public schools.

"workinprogress" must refer to your reading comprehension. I didn't write the post and it was clearly indicated Dave Hiller with TSU authored it. I merely reposted it and stated it was interesting.

It's not my opinion, personally I enjoy watching NCS plunder 3A public schools like East Nashville, Harpeth, Cheatham County, and the list goes on.

The reason some of these private schools have become successful is because of great coaches who bust their butts to coach their players up. I'm surprised the malcontents haven't proposed term limits for successful private school coaches. 

You malcontents are just like Obama trying to legislate equality of outcomes instead of equality of opportunity. There's a 1.8 multiplier for D1 privates which don't offer need based financial aid, and it's still not good enough for some. 

The pursuit of happiness is not a guarantee of happiness. The pursuit of a championship is not a guarantee of a championship. 

Edited by kenmynattcpa

The multiplier is ok, but like I said. Make all privates play up one classification in all sports and I don't think you would hear a lot more. The people wanting the split aren't soley football schools or coaches. I believe private schools and public schools have good coaches. Coaching helps a lot, but in the end you better have some Jimmy's and Joe's or you're not winning a championship. If NCS wins 1A this season then people will look back and realize you had a large senior class which is one main ingredient in winning 1A titles as well as one awesome football player in the Bituli kid.

One point. The Collinwood team with Ward was a good football team, but the best ever in 1A? I saw them play as well. The CPA team that beat them barely beat the 2002 Boyd Buchanan team. Those teams were your typical good teams back then, but the best team ever? Your 2011 Wayne County team was as good top to bottom as that Collinwood team.

He didn't say they were the best 1A team ever. He said they were the best he ever saw.

Ambassador I think you are right if those schools showed integrity in building their programs. CPA could play aaa basketball and you would still hear the recruiting talk. I'm kind of surprised people haven't started saying that NCS is recruiting in football. That is a team that went from mediocre at best to constant contender. If they do win this year I think you will hear the talk whether it is warranted or not.

Ambassador I think you are right if those schools showed integrity in building their programs. CPA could play aaa basketball and you would still hear the recruiting talk. I'm kind of surprised people haven't started saying that NCS is recruiting in football. That is a team that went from mediocre at best to constant contender. If they do win this year I think you will hear the talk whether it is warranted or not.

Coach Brothers has some in roads in Nashville. They have had a large amount of this year's senior class at NCS since grade school, but they have recently gotten some quality kids from FRA and other places.

One point. The Collinwood team with Ward was a good football team, but the best ever in 1A? I saw them play as well. The CPA team that beat them barely beat the 2002 Boyd Buchanan team. Those teams were your typical good teams back then, but the best team ever? Your 2011 Wayne County team was as good top to bottom as that Collinwood team.

Yes indeed that '11 Wildcat team was unreal. We had 21/22 Senior starters i believe and i take zero away from them. Maybe i should have worded it differently Bass but that 00, 01 and 02 Cwood team(I say Team because Ward played on them all) was the best football teams ive ever seen play in person at the 1A level. This list includes the '09 & '11 Wildcats also the '06/'07 Mt Pleasant Tigers and the Jo Byrns teams in '05-'07. Its just my opinion though. Also ppl forget that those Cwood teams had Vandy football commit and 1A lineman of the yr Luker on em too. Its apples to apples man some ppl view other teams as better and so on. But like i said "Best ive ever seen" and i didnt start watching HS fball(enough to understand much) til about 1998. I never got to see some of the past Trousdales or the S.Pitts except the title game in '11. I have to throw in 1 more best ive ever seen. Thats that '09 Union City team. They was good also.

Yes indeed that '11 Wildcat team was unreal. We had 21/22 Senior starters i believe and i take zero away from them. Maybe i should have worded it differently Bass but that 00, 01 and 02 Cwood team(I say Team because Ward played on them all) was the best football teams ive ever seen play in person at the 1A level. This list includes the '09 & '11 Wildcats also the '06/'07 Mt Pleasant Tigers and the Jo Byrns teams in '05-'07. Its just my opinion though. Also ppl forget that those Cwood teams had Vandy football commit and 1A lineman of the yr Luker on em too. Its apples to apples man some ppl view other teams as better and so on. But like i said "Best ive ever seen" and i didnt start watching HS fball(enough to understand much) til about 1998. I never got to see some of the past Trousdales or the S.Pitts except the title game in '11. I have to throw in 1 more best ive ever seen. Thats that '09 Union City team. They was good also.

the 2014 union city team is the best I've seen.

Coach Brothers has some in roads in Nashville. They have had a large amount of this year's senior class at NCS since grade school, but they have recently gotten some quality kids from FRA and other places.

You can't win the Kentucky derby with a mule.