Maryville has some new faces...

blazer1set

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does Shad have the players and can he stay there long enough for WB to finally give Maryville a game? Interesting choice, him coming to WB; they have to be excited to have him

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

When they interviewed Shad during spring practice he said the talent he has at WB was more than he expected coming into the job. He said there's no reason they can't be a very good football team this year.

There are many negatives if your an east TN team going against Maryville.No question about Maryville being the best program in the state.They are the best prepared team in the state every week.They make the best adjustments most of the time to go with it.They have great players.Last year,only one team that I've ever seen could have won that championship game like Maryville did and that team is Maryville.There are some fine teams in middle and west Tennesse that have the pure athletes and good coaching staffs to compete with Maryville and give them fits like last year but very few teams in east Tennessee that can do it .Alcoa and Fulton most years have the best chance to stand with the Rebs and every few years that list might be a tad bigger.That said,you prepare the best you can and show up ready to play.That's all you can do against Maryville and hope it's the perfect night for your team.On the positive side.If I'm a player,coach or fan of a team on Maryville's schedule,there is no other team that I'd rather play.That's just the way I see it.When I was younger and into the martial arts,I wanted to test myself against the toughest dudes and not some weak  guy that anyone might be able to take.I'd much rather give my best against the best.That's the great opportunity we have this year.Respect the Rebels but don't fear them and when the game is over ,nomatter what the outcome,shake their hands and say good game.

I've missed one practice in the last 3 years.

Reading back through and seen a couple of post on this.I find this impressive myself because I've always worked my vacation time around my kids football schedules for the last dozen or so years.No,not just the games but their practice schedules as well.Several reasons go into that but none more important then I just love my kids. Also, I  know the game pretty well and like to have a clear picture of what the deal is .

Reading back through and seen a couple of post on this.I find this impressive myself because I've always worked my vacation time around my kids football schedules for the last dozen or so years.No,not just the games but their practice schedules as well.Several reasons go into that but none more important then I just love my kids. Also, I know the game pretty well and like to have a clear picture of what the deal is .

I enjoy it. High school football is the greatest sport on the planet, imo. But since this jackass RM3 said I must be an embarrassment to my son, I asked if it embarrassed him that I was at practice everyday. But I didn't have to, I knew the answer before I ever asked the question. He said of course not Momma! I would be worried something happened to you if you weren't there.