Brian Brown stays at McNairy Central

Macnarry

First, we have to play the teams that are our enrollment size.  Second, as far as post-season championships since the early 90's, that's not even close.  Thirdly, you Selmer high guys sure do worry about our programs a lot more than you should.  If you spent half that energy you guys might have some successful sports programs.  As of late, there is not much to cheer for over there.  Finally, you should dominate us in basketball.  You are a AA school with more athletes to choose from.  But...........that doesn't happen. 

Whoa!!! Calm down there, don't get your feathers so ruffled up. You the one that came into this thread spewing your garbage and BS like you have in many threads. So, who really is the one that is jealous and obsessed with the other school? Of course, when facts destroy your BS, always go to the we are single A, you should beat us!!! Your one of the biggest single A schools in the state and close to AA. It's not like you have Greenfield or Gleason enrollment. Second, I sure don't hear all these other top sport programs use the that school is bigger, they suppose to be better crap. By your logic, UT Martin women basketball has been dominating the Lady Vols in basketball because all the conference championships the last few years. You like to keep using jealousy of Tri-County High as why our athletics suck. That's funny considering we play more than football at McNairy, and we have quite a few really good programs right now.

Bobcats83, I can't disagree with anything you said.

Easy big guy.  I don't spew anything but facts.  Its funny how everything I say is garbage and BS and all of your comments are spot on.  I wasn't using our Single A status as an excuse for anything.  That's just the facts.  Anyway, we don't need excuses over here, we back up our play in every sport.  Your analogy about UT Martin and the Lady Vols, that's the best you could come up with......really?  You Selmer High guys keep living in past when it comes to sports.  That's why your football program is struggling and why basketball will continue to struggle.  Stop using your AA district as an excuse.  Get better and quit whining!!

Not sure what you talking about living in the past? You the one that brought the past up, all the way back to the early 90s. I don't think everything you said was trash but when you going to throw out the BS about the jealously of Tri-County High is killing McNairy's athletics and Tri-County High has dominated is basketball, yeah, I'm going to call BS. The reason football is in such shambles is because of the politics in the program and that dates back to them pushing Browder out. The politics is what started the downfall, put it in its current state, and KILLED the program. Same for basketball, politics really hurt that program as well but the dropout in talent has hurt as well. Tri-County High don't even figure into the equation of why the program is where they are. Oh, but our athletics are awful. Girl's Basketball has always been a solid, Baseball and Softball are district, region, and state tournament contenders and will be for years, both soccer programs have been good, Golf has went to state and sent players to state, both Tennis teams have been good and the Boys were a win away from state. Is that current enough for you? But, all of our programs are awful.

I could have used many examples but that was local. You have something against women sports? I don't see where anyone used our AA district as an excuse. Our teams were never good enough to win the district and regions those years but it doesn't mean they didn't have good teams. Just cause a school is a higher classification, doesn't mean they are suppose to win.The FACT is there are a lot of factors that determine and make up athletic programs and the number of students is just one piece of a large pie.

Edited by LetMeHearYA

Obviously you are having trouble following the conversation.  When I say that we are dominating basketball in McNairy County since the early 90's I'm not speaking of the rivalry between the two schools.  I'm talking about overall post-season success.  That was the point.  You cant even come close to our basketball success since the early 90's.  Plain and simple.  Selmer High was dominant in the 70's and 80's without a doubt.  I have nothing against girl high school programs.  Coach Lott is an excellent coach and his record is Hall of Fame worthy.  His post-season success is questionable to say the least.  They haven't gotten out of the region but a few times.  Your football and basketball programs have struggled for years and you cant argue that.  Baseball and softball has done well.  Golf and tennis?  Ok if you want to start going that deep into your sports programs.

Politics have killed your major sports programs with baseball being the exception.  If someone or some group of people doesn't take notice soon the losses will continue. 

Why does Selmer High think kids go to Adamsville in the first place?  We have success and we don't let parents run our programs.  If your a good athlete you play. 

Our county allows students to choose where they want to go to high school.  For years Selmer High got all of the athletes and the second that changed you guys went CRAZY!!!!  That's the issue now and why we don't play you guys anymore.  Start being successful in football and basketball again and county students may decide to start going back to Selmer high. 

I would like to start out by congratulating Aville High for turning your football program into an elite program that your community can be really proud of. It took a lot of work and much patience from the fans, but look how it paid off!

I always felt like your basketball and baseball programs have always been pretty competitive

and was usually a hard out everytime we played. Now the same can be said for all three major sports. Congrats!

With that being said, our programs over here,

with the exception of baseball, have been on

a downward spiral for the past several years. Some say politics, some say talent is down.....which are both very true statements. Politics did the most damage from a football

standpoint, while lack of talent on the basketball end. You take that and mix it up with some some serious coaching issues and you got MCHS at present day.

Many changes will be necessary in order to get these programs back on the right path. It may

take way longer than the patience of bobcat faithfuls can endure, but there is no way it will ever happen over night. It's going to be a process that will require the whole communities

blessings and Time! Coaching choices will play

the biggest factor in such a great challenge and they should be allowed the opportunity to tackle those challenges without the input from those

that have run the programs into the ground as they are now. Let the coaches coach and give them more than just a year or two to get it done. If they are impressive enough to hire then give them a sporting chance. The way we have went through coaches over the last several years sure doesn't make these jobs too intriguing! Nobody is gonna be beating the door down to fill out an application!!

Now that I have said my part on MCHS and their issues, I have just a few more issues to address. The doing away with Aville/MC games is a huge mistake for both programs. Put all excuses aside, whether they be true statements or not, this county( us and all you guys) should push to have these games rescheduled. It's all about the rivalry that makes sports what it is!!

There are gonna be smack talking, feelings hurt, and you might even get your jaws jacked lol!!

That is all in the fun of a rivalry. Our kids

are all missing out on those memories and not

to mention we both are missing out on huge gate money!! You may agree or disagree, win or lose, those games are the most exciting.

So we are gonna keep working over here to try and rebuild what's been almost destroyed. I would just ask that you guys allow us to do that without dishing out all the negatives that you guys are throwing at us. You get on these threads and take part in the slandering and your forgetting that you was once in the exact position that we are in. The kids need only positives as hopefully we get some coaches that teaches them how to win again. We are in two totally different classifications and there is plenty enough room in this county for success at both schools. Go Bobcats!

Edited by Inmyownwords

1 point win over Bruceton this year. Bruceton has the enrollment of a rural jr high approx. 50 per class...200-250 total students and your telling us that a 700 plus enrollment school isn't supposed to be the favorite? should have won by the mercy rule.

But they didn't and there are some other 3A Schools that probably could have lost to them or played closed games. That's back to my point that there are more things than just enrollment. McNairy has around 200 more students than Tri-County High. Using your guys theory that we should always win or higher enrollment school should win, why are you guys not the 3-time defending states champs? You had over 3 times the students than Friendship Christian, around 150 more students than Trousdale and Trenton and there's not much difference between 150 and 200 more students. But yet, you didn't win. You dropped games to TCA which you are over twice the size than and lose to Middleton in basketball who is not close to your enrollment. I would argue you could take Union City in football and they would be favorited to win against any 1A or 2A team, most 3A teams, and I would say a good number of 4A to even some 6A. But they are only a 1A school. Edited by LetMeHearYA

Redrage, I have been following the conversation fine. One minute you throwing out head to head, next you talking bout postseason. Apparently, you haven't followed, I addressed both of them. You keep talking about postseason and I stated you can't compare when it's two very different paths. Obviously, you have a different opinion. However, in the time span you pointed out, McNairy has 3 district championships, 1 region championship, 3 sectional appearance, 1 sectional championship, and 1 state appearance. Those numbers are not that much different than Tri-County High. It's obvious we are not going to agree on this cause we have different standards, you going by trophies, I'll go by perception of the program.You say the 90s belong to Tri-County but I could even disagree with that. There was only 1 year where McNairy didn't win 19 games, 5 district championships, 2 region championships, 4 sectional appearances with 2 championships, and 2 state appearances. You guys dominated from 99-04. After that, it's been pretty even with McNairy being better in the early stretch, then it was even, and Tri-County the last few years.

Yes, I will list all the sports that are doing well. They are part of the athletic program, they have coaches, the kids practice and work on their skills just like football and basketball, and they can earn schlorships just like the rest. Tri-County is good in some of these sports as well.

You guys talk like it's all of a sudden there are kids picking Tri-County over McNairy but it's nothing new. It's been going on for a long time where kids from Bethel and Selmer have been choosing them. The basketball run from 99-04 was fueled by these kids. Wheeler, Harbin brothers, and Sanders were key parts of those teams. The reason people are going "Crazy" now is because of the way it's being done. And, I really don't want to debate that part because Im sick of hearing about it. I've stated in the past, I don't care what Tri-County is doing, it's a two way street and it's McNairy's fault for letting it get to this point.

I'll tell you how bad it is Redrage. Word around here is that it Would be a strong possibility to have the last successful coach that we have ever had brought back. You know, the one the "politics" run off! Finally a chance to right a wrong! Problem is you got some that are trying to kill that before it ever gets rolling! Our AD should be step up here and fix this mess. This is exactly what he was brought in for to help turn this place around and if bringing "ol ball coach" back, doesn't at least get seriously discussed........well then I will be the first to say "politics" might have already tainted him too!

I'll even go a step further! I'll be the first one on here to tell the whole county that Mcnairy doesn't really care about the program or winning, that it's only about our own personal accomplishments, and if I had to choose between the two schools.......well how could I ever say mcnairy without feeling guilty!

Now that will be hard to do, but I will publicly admit to all of it if we screw this one up!

Just do the right thing! Tired of watching a homecoming queen being crowned everytime we play an away game!

Edited by Inmyownwords