Private-public split will be bad for high school football

Macnarry

And in 2003 they were 13-0 heading into the semifinals before being "shocked" by a heavy underdog Morristown West team.

Heavy UnderDog ? The only thing I remember that was Heavy was Brandon Fanney ... about 6'4" 260lbs Heavy !! Lol ... I'll give you that , Maryville didn't make it to State in 2003 .... we should be so ashamed !! LOL  :mrgreen:

Why would I want to be on the Board of Control? When you argue with idiots they just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience. I would much rather have the job of Executive Director and receive 10% of the gross revenues as my salary.

point blank 100%

&%^$# suckatash...almost got it........Booger told yall it was gonna stay the same; did not matter how much whining Trousdale and whatever something county that was did.....was hoping for the split and we would not have to worry about the PUBS strippin us of our first FB Championship anymore......guess my Irish just have to keep trying to get better

Booger just sayin  :mrgreen:

&%^$# suckatash...almost got it........Booger told yall it was gonna stay the same; did not matter how much whining Trousdale and whatever something county that was did.....was hoping for the split and we would not have to worry about the PUBS strippin us of our first FB Championship anymore......guess my Irish just have to keep trying to get better

Booger just sayin  :mrgreen:

Notre Dame had a great year last year. I'm sure it is hard too in the west, but it is very hard in the east to even get to the game to have a chance to win a title. Several very strong programs to contend with, as well as the occasional team that has a great year.

What does ND look like this year? Do they have a lot returning or is this a rebuilding year? I don't get an opportunity to see many of the teams in SE TN.

Notre Dame had a great year last year. I'm sure it is hard too in the west, but it is very hard in the east to even get to the game to have a chance to win a title. Several very strong programs to contend with, as well as the occasional team that has a great year.

What does ND look like this year? Do they have a lot returning or is this a rebuilding year? I don't get an opportunity to see many of the teams in SE TN.

Notre Dame plays at Catholic on September 11. Edited by QSouth89

http://www.knoxnews.com/sports/prepextra/most-area-coaches-favor-split-in-public-vs-private-debate_44317406 The News Sentinel polled 50 area coaches by phone. Of those, 33 favored splitting public and private schools in some capacity, whether completely or just during the postseason. Only seven coaches, including three from private schools, opposed the measure. The other 10 coaches abstained.

"We definitely need to split," said Pigeon Forge football coach Scott Meadows, who coached at Catholic from 2009-12. "There's no doubt. I know how it works on both sides. We should split."

If the status quo remains public vs. private — the TSSAA presented four alternative options during its June work session — five area private schools, including Catholic, Christian Academy of Knoxville, Grace Christian, Berean Christian and Concord Christian, will be affected. Webb, The King's Academy and First Baptist Academy already compete in Division II.

"I think private schools present problems for certain areas of the state, particularly smaller schools," Morristown East football coach Dewayne Wells said. "I think the bigger issue the TSSAA has to take on is open enrollment and all areas that take out-of-zone kids."

That includes charter, magnet, state and city schools, most notably Maryville, Alcoa and Oak Ridge, among others, in the PrepXtra area.

Edited by UpperCumberlandMan