Why do certain coaches not send in info to Murphy Fair's Football Book

That's why you either have an assistant Coach enter the Stats, a media member, or better yet, find a student interested in being the social media representative for the team. Probably have a ton of interest if you just let it be known they need a student to help them out.

Gallatin has the stat position filled but it was easier to send the stats a few years ago. At least that is what I was told.

we all have our own opinions.  I just happen to disagree with yours.  comparing not filling out a team survey of a high school football to the SEC media day is a little far fetched.  As full disclaimer, I have not seen this magazine in Memphis and have never read it but i will look for it the next time I go to Wal-Mart, Kroger or Target.  If you can provide me a store where i can buy it, i will.  I looked at the website and there are no stored listed in Memphis area with the closest being Jackson.

I believe that only those with a vested interest, either friendship, investor or ego, think coaches are clowns for not filling out a survey about their team.

changing subjects just a little....

Maybe one of their grad asst coaches may look at it.  Has jones or saban ever publicly or privately said they have read this book?    

Film or live games is what coaches look at.  They make "listen" to the recommendations from a highly touted high school coach, but to to think a SEC head coach reads a book composed of comments from high school coaches who may or may not ever played college football or from the player's parents is hard to believe.

DougS you would enjoy the magazine Murphy Fair puts out on the newsstand if you enjoy high school football. You can order this from Murphy Fair if there isn't a local bookstore that carries it in your area.  As I said earlier a coach from a local small college was there buying a book when I was which was interesting and he didn't buy one but three. I seriously doubt any major college depends on Murphy Fair for their tips on who is good in high school football when they spend millions on recruiting every year and have mini camps for the players to come to so they can check out their times, speed, strength and size. The small college teams have to take what's left over and don't have those perks. Also don't think your going to find that at the places you mentioned or I haven't in the past. My argument is that it would be great for all the teams to contribute since it is about the teams in our state. It just looks a little cheesy when a few of the teams don't send stuff in.  I figured if I got on here and called a few of them out maybe they might get on board in the future. Remember the squeaky wheel always gets greased first. You think I'm joking but I'm not.

Edited by BarneySox2007

I spoke to Murphy on the sidelines at a Shelbyville scrimmage for about a half hour recently, Roy.  I'll see if he'll join me at some point this fall.   Will you call in that segment and speak with him?

I garuntee you cut me off last time I called into this mess. I talk to my buddy Murphy all the time. If you want cut me off and hang up on me I might call in. You think im joking but im not.

70 schools didn't fill out the Murphy Fair survey this year

Of those 70 schools 68 had a football record in 2014

The combined record of the 68 was 245 wins with 466 losses

23 of the 68 made the playoffs 

5 of the 23 playoff teams won a playoff game

Combined playoff record was 7 wins with 23 losses

1 played in a bowl game 

70 schools didn't fill out the Murphy Fair survey this year

Of those 70 schools 68 had a football record in 2014

The combined record of the 68 was 245 wins with 466 losses

23 of the 68 made the playoffs 

5 of the 23 playoff teams won a playoff game

Combined playoff record was 7 wins with 23 losses

1 played in a bowl game 

That means those teams averaged a 34% winning percentage. See what happens by not filling out your survey. As Roy Dillard would say, You think I'm joking but I'm not.

I garuntee you cut me off last time I called into this mess. I talk to my buddy Murphy all the time. If you want cut me off and hang up on me I might call in. You think im joking but im not.

Did you mean want cut me off, or won't cut me off. Completely different meanings. You think I'm joking..... but I'm not