Why do certain coaches not send in info to Murphy Fair's Football Book

Somewhere around 70 coaching changes probably contributed to some of it.  I spoke with one coach who stated he never was contacted with a survey.  

I agree that it needs to be something they make a priority.  Seems like Donovan Stewart gets as much or more participation.  I don't know if he makes the process easier or what the case is.  When I'm doing research for my show, there are very few programs that I can't gather information on from one of those two sources.  

While we are on the subject:   Coaches need to take responsibility for posting stats and maintaining them throughout the school year.   In this modern age, there are many sites that offer this as a free service.   High School Sports Dot Net and Max are two that immediately come to mind.  Your doing your player an injustice by not providing that information.

Somewhere around 70 coaching changes probably contributed to some of it. I spoke with one coach who stated he never was contacted with a survey.

I agree that it needs to be something they make a priority. Seems like Donovan Stewart gets as much or more participation. I don't know if he makes the process easier or what the case is. When I'm doing research for my show, there are very few programs that I can't gather information on from one of those two sources.

While we are on the subject: Coaches need to take responsibility for posting stats and maintaining them throughout the school year. In this modern age, there are many sites that offer this as a free service. High School Sports Dot Net and Max are two that immediately come to mind. Your doing your player an injustice by not providing that information.

I have been told that it used to be easier to enter stats on Max but they have changed a few things that makes it harder to do.

I have been told that it used to be easier to enter stats on Max but they have changed a few things that makes it harder to do.

That's why you either have an assistant Coach enter the Stats, a media member, or better yet, find a student interested in being the social media representative for the team.  Probably have a ton of interest if you just let it be known they need a student to help them out.

Thanks Roy, your right on the money. In today's times you have to deal with the media as part of your job and if you can't then you are not qualified for the job. Like I said in an earlier comment, what if a couple of teams didn't show up for the SEC Media Event and said it took to much time. That would go over like a t^^^ in a punch bowl. The same thing here regarding this magazine that covers 85% of the teams in Tennessee while the other 15% want to be hard heads. The very first thing people think when they see the name of the team and (no survey) is what a joke, how did they hire a clown like that to be the coach.

we all have our own opinions.  I just happen to disagree with yours.  comparing not filling out a team survey of a high school football to the SEC media day is a little far fetched.  As full disclaimer, I have not seen this magazine in Memphis and have never read it but i will look for it the next time I go to Wal-Mart, Kroger or Target.  If you can provide me a store where i can buy it, i will.  I looked at the website and there are no stored listed in Memphis area with the closest being Jackson.

I believe that only those with a vested interest, either friendship, investor or ego, think coaches are clowns for not filling out a survey about their team.

changing subjects just a little....

Maybe one of their grad asst coaches may look at it.  Has jones or saban ever publicly or privately said they have read this book?    

Film or live games is what coaches look at.  They make "listen" to the recommendations from a highly touted high school coach, but to to think a SEC head coach reads a book composed of comments from high school coaches who may or may not ever played college football or from the player's parents is hard to believe.

Somewhere around 70 coaching changes probably contributed to some of it.  I spoke with one coach who stated he never was contacted with a survey.  

I agree that it needs to be something they make a priority.  Seems like Donovan Stewart gets as much or more participation.  I don't know if he makes the process easier or what the case is.  When I'm doing research for my show, there are very few programs that I can't gather information on from one of those two sources.  

While we are on the subject:   Coaches need to take responsibility for posting stats and maintaining them throughout the school year.   In this modern age, there are many sites that offer this as a free service.   High School Sports Dot Net and Max are two that immediately come to mind.  Your doing your player an injustice by not providing that information.

I garuntee you I get real mad about this mess. Let me ask you a question. Are you going to have that durn radio show again this year? You need to call my buddy Murphy and let him explain to these coaches that they need to fill out their durn surveys. You think im joking but im not.

I garuntee you I get real mad about this mess. Let me ask you a question. Are you going to have that durn radio show again this year? You need to call my buddy Murphy and let him explain to these coaches that they need to fill out their durn surveys. You think im joking but im not.

I spoke to Murphy on the sidelines at a Shelbyville scrimmage for about a half hour recently, Roy.  I'll see if he'll join me at some point this fall.   Will you call in that segment and speak with him?

Edited by FreeAgent11