New 6A Playoff Bracket

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be gone in 2 seasons.

Wow. The first post season games haven't even been played and you already think it has a two year shelf life.

I have to admit though, I prefer this TYPE of system over anything that will require some type selection process. When you introduce a selection process by some elected committee or anything that even resembles something like that ... bias will enter into the prcocess. I could care less about what, where or who the pool of people come from that are chosen to be on a selection committee.

I could care less about teams making it to the playoffs with 0-10 records. That is of little consequence to me. It's blatently obvious why the TSSAA goes with this type of system. There is NO WAY bias can creep into this system. To me, that is the ONLY it can be done where nobody will feel like they were cheated in the process. I don't trust human nature to always do the right thing. No matter how pure their intentions seem to be.

Give me the 0-10 teams every time!

Edited by kwc

Dont like automatic bids when the teams in other classes have to qualify. They said the concern was the range of school sizes in the largest class, going down 16 more to have 48 teams (8 regions, 6 teams, 4 qualifiers) would have not changed things much.

Without looking it up I think top 48 would be about 1500 and up. All those schools should be large enough to compete.

Edited by Indian

I can't believe they are letting everybody in the playoffs. As a high school football fan I always enjoy the playoffs and can not fathom why they are doing this, it's more of a tournament then playoffs, IMO. At least make it top 6, this way you have to play to get in.

Tournament, playoffs, what does it matter what title you put on it? Loser goes home. You have to win five in a row to get the crown.  An eventual champion will be crowned as a result. The reguar season matters, yet, playing good stiff competition and losing a game or two as a result won't kill your chances for post season play. Why do we care about the record of the lower seeded teams? Natural selection will take it's course anyway.

Edited by kwc

Tournament, playoffs, what does it matter what title you put on it? Loser goes home. You have to win five in a row to get the crown.  An eventual champion will be crowned as a result. The reguar season matters, yet, playing good stiff competition and losing a game or two as a result won't kill your chances for post season play. Why do we care about the record of the lower seeded teams? Natural selection will take it's course anyway.

I see what your saying and agree .Look at basketball when teams get hot and make a run or get cold  and go home.This way you can play whatever kind of schedule and still be there when it counts.The old system caused coaches and AD's to think about playing cupcakes out of conference or not make the playoffs because of the complicated factors it presented.

I see what your saying and agree .Look at basketball when teams get hot and make a run or get cold and go home.This way you can play whatever kind of schedule and still be there when it counts.The old system caused coaches and AD's to think about playing cupcakes out of conference or not make the playoffs because of the complicated factors it presented.

True but the other classes have to earn their way to the playoffs not have it handed to them because they are larger in size. That is my only beef.