Week 1 -- East Hamilton @ Signal Mountain

MountainTroll

You really had me goin' there for a minute, but your comment about crabgrass and weeds let me know that you're just a special kind of stupid.

trollsmall_zps39bae1ac.jpg

Truth hurts. Check the visitor side around the 30 yard line toward the south endzone. Crab grass patches everywhere. It was a fast track though. Might want to let them weeds grow a little taller to keep Ooltewah from running by your Cramping Eagles next week. Edited by DougVick

It was what I thought it would be. 1st game lot of work needs to be done on both teams. The goal is to get better each week. I think both will. Signals numbers are down could hurt if kids get banged up. For sure they are a very scrappy bunch. I will say the new coach is his own man but take it from a guy who has been around awhile. Refusing to talk to the media after the game really not going to help much. They made a point to print in "refused to talk to media". I think Signal will be fine in the long run. As for my Canes, overall it was a good job the O lined showed its youth, and will get better lot of good kids that are very coachable. Again EH like last year not very much in the run game. I think it gets better. Not a fan of the 3-4 D gave up what 259 rushing yards, something has got to give. Cleveland will bring a much better running game then signal next week, got a lot of work in a short time. And yes we lost one of those 4 starting LB. but a win is a win.

It was what I thought it would be. 1st game lot of work needs to be done on both teams. The goal is to get better each week. I think both will. Signals numbers are down could hurt if kids get banged up. For sure they are a very scrappy bunch. I will say the new coach is his own man but take it from a guy who has been around awhile. Refusing to talk to the media after the game really not going to help much. They made a point to print in "refused to talk to media". I think Signal will be fine in the long run. As for my Canes, overall it was a good job the O lined showed its youth, and will get better lot of good kids that are very coachable. Again EH like last year not very much in the run game. I think it gets better. Not a fan of the 3-4 D gave up what 259 rushing yards, something has got to give. Cleveland will bring a much better running game then signal next week, got a lot of work in a short time. And yes we lost one of those 4 starting LB. but a win is a win.

see ya next week chattacane!

3-4 D is tough to watch against a double-wing O. There was a heck of an adjustment made after the second long drive though. Can't take a serviceable linebacker off the field to put in a 4th d-lineman (that we don't have) just to get out of the 3-4. there is some valuable film to watch and learn from now. The defense held them to a gooseegg in the second half, except for the trash last second td.

EH did not out physical SM, but they do have better skill kids. EH will struggle in their league unless they get tougher upfront. sm will get handled next week. They just don't have the numbers, but their kids are coached up and play hard. They will be fine in league play if they can avoid more injuries and the weather cools down. They only had two returning starters on offense and defense. They need to stay positive and healthy.

I have to say from my view point even with Signals cramps they were better conditioned. Signal had literally 8-9 guys going both ways most of night. They also had 4-5 guys that I saw never come off field except for halftime. East Hamilton definitely had the numbers where they weren't forced into that situation. So signal faced much more of a test than them. Either way good luck to East Ham this year!

Edited by ChattownLB

Ain't no point in arguing with a gitback coach that don't know the difference between zoysia and crabgrass, so I won't.

As for talking to the media, probably not the best idea, but right now he is just intensely focused internally on the team. I think he wanted his post-game comments to the boys to be private, without worrying about what the families, bystanders, and press might think. That required getting the team quickly off the field into a private setting.  I'll cut him some slack on that one. People shouldn't make more of it than it is and should not feel slighted or insulted.  I have no doubt that he understands the importance of the press and outside perceptions. I don't think is is so much that the "new coach is his own man", as there's just more important things to focus on right now. I like Ward, and he has always been nice to the Eagles, but there really was no reason whatsoever to mention it in the paper.

GO EAGLES ! ! !

Truth hurts. Check the visitor side around the 30 yard line toward the south endzone. Crab grass patches everywhere. It was a fast track though. Might want to let them weeds grow a little taller to keep Ooltewah from running by your Cramping Eagles next week.

I had to look up butt hurt in the dictionary to see if I might know you, but I didn't recognize you from your picture.

Troll, this old geezer decided to stay in the valley Friday night. Wanted to see that scuffle between the Indians and Pirates. Sounds like you guys are going through a rough patch right now, hang in there. This old geezer doesn't think that a program like Signal Mountain will stay down long. Trust me, win and they will come. Good lucks to the fellers in red and black for the rest of the year. I always try to make at least one home game a year on the mountain, looking forward to seeing the field :popcorneater:

EH did not out physical SM, but they do have better skill kids. EH will struggle in their league unless they get tougher upfront. sm will get handled next week. They just don't have the numbers, but their kids are coached up and play hard. They will be fine in league play if they can avoid more injuries and the weather cools down. They only had two returning starters on offense and defense. They need to stay positive and healthy.

how do you figure that, sm was shut out second half but was more physical? Ok