Week 0: Oakdale @ Oneida

crow

You have pretty much summed up my thoughts on the matter.The system is flawed but its the system we go by so thats that.I dont agree but i dont have to.I enjoy the banter between some of the guys and i used to be a the top of the heap but you hit the nail on the head.Good post.

"Top of the heap" ????? You were the one carrying the flag on the boards! I know you've not changed, just simmered down a bit. That GB / Oneida game will be a good one. Is it on TV this year?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Top of the heap" ????? You were the one carrying the flag on the boards! I know you've not changed, just simmered down a bit. That GB / Oneida game will be a good one. Is it on TV this year?

I will always be a small public school guy,cant change that.BUT i can change the way i act on the matter.Yes i cannot wait till the game you mentioned its my favorite of the yr,just cant talk about it yet got two other big fish on the line to reel in!No its not on TV,i dont think we are at all this yr. Edited by orngnblk

I will always be a small public school guy,cant change that.BUT i can change the way i act on the matter.Yes i cannot wait till the game you mentioned its my favorite of the yr,just cant talk about it yet got two other big fish on the line to reel in!No its not on TV,i dont think we are at all this yr.

August 20th West @ Hardin Valley

August 27th Sevier County @ West

August 29th Fulton @ Maryville*

September 3rd Northview @ Pigeon Forge

September 10th Campbell County @ Grace

September 17th Carter @ Central

September 24th Oak Ridge @ Sevier County

October 1st Dobyns-Bennett @ Maryville

October 8th Clinton @ CAK

October 15 TBA

October 22nd Farragut @ South Doyle

October 29th TBA

Doesn't really look too interesting to me.

Oneida and Harriman play October 16. That would be a nice one for them to air. Oneida vs Coalfield play the 30th but they probably won't air that again.

Edited by RudyWasOffsides

Only "TV" time we have is at Coalfield I think and it's the 10news2 / online stream thing for WBIR. Guess that's how it goes when you drop out of the top 10 :roflol: Sorry to ruin y'all's 15 minutes there OnB, y'all did your part :D

Edited by crow

I will always be a small public school guy,cant change that.BUT i can change the way i act on the matter.Yes i cannot wait till the game you mentioned its my favorite of the yr,just cant talk about it yet got two other big fish on the line to reel in!No its not on TV,i dont think we are at all this yr.

They had this game on 2 yrs in a row and it was awesome! They might think they get a bigger audience with larger schools, but truth be told, I bet it's a wash. HS football people will watch whatever game is on TV. If we can't, we'll record it. Hate that this one isn't on TV. Will likely be the Region championship game, although CF and Hairyman might have something to say about that.

August 20th West @ Hardin Valley

August 27th Sevier County @ West

August 29th Fulton @ Maryville*

September 3rd Northview @ Pigeon Forge

September 10th Campbell County @ Grace

September 17th Carter @ Central

September 24th Oak Ridge @ Sevier County

October 1st Dobyns-Bennett @ Maryville

October 8th Clinton @ CAK

October 15 TBA

October 22nd Farragut @ South Doyle

October 29th TBA

Doesn't really look too interesting to me.

Oneida and Harriman play October 16. That would be a nice one for them to air. Oneida vs Coalfield play the 30th but they probably won't air that again.

September 10th looks pretty interesting to me Rudy, lol

They claimed the GB comeback game at Oneida was the "best ratings" of any game they had aired up to that point. Not sure what ole Packer's idea of rating are but that was the claim. Yes the big schools in a more urban area probably draw an audience but c'mon when's the last time you saw the mayor of Knoxville or Maryville tailgating in checkerboard overalls and face paint manning the grill on one of those things :lol:

They had this game on 2 yrs in a row and it was awesome! They might think they get a bigger audience with larger schools, but truth be told, I bet it's a wash. HS football people will watch whatever game is on TV. If we can't, we'll record it. Hate that this one isn't on TV. Will likely be the Region championship game, although CF and Hairyman might have something to say about that.

Harriman* 😉

September 10th does to me as well although I'm a little confused. I was told Scott Co. handled them in a scrimmage this year. I don't know that as fact & certainly don't know in CC brought out the guns or not. Didnt y'all rough 'em up this summer in a passing league?

I think the Oneida/greenback game was only on Rivalry Thursday one year now that I think of it pride. We're 1-2 on their program. We played their very first TV game & lost 7-6 @ GP, then lost a barn burner to GB at our place then beat Coalfield at Oneida last year. I think the GB game last year was another 10news2 thingamajig.

I think the Oneida/greenback game was only on Rivalry Thursday one year now that I think of it pride. We're 1-2 on their program. We played their very first TV game & lost 7-6 @ GP, then lost a barn burner to GB at our place then beat Coalfield at Oneida last year. I think the GB game last year was another 10news2 thingamajig.

You're right. Packer had it at your place on Thursday night, then 10news2 on Friday night at GB. Regardless, I was glued to the set on the Thursday game and up late the following year on Friday night after our game. I could care less about being on TV, but that game is a good one, especially with the new region and implications on that game.