Week 0: Oakdale @ Oneida

crow

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was my assumption.  I can't recall us ever not having at least a decent player with the ability to put a good boot on it.  I'm sure any interest in this game has waned somewhat.  The Eagles are tough nuts, but the feeling is they are up against a stronger unit.  That little Jamboree scrum on their field has some injuns' with a bitter taste in their mouth, so expect them to try to get that out right out of the gate.  FINALLY going to get to see the fur fly Friday!

Klassy Kaz

Crow.....lets flip the table.  What are you thinking about the GCA pipeline, and how far it seems to extend?  So far, as I surveyed it they have gotten players from Blount, Anderson, Claiborne, Roane, Knox, Sevier, and Campbell Counties.  The last two are not confirmed, but that is a awfully long rope if you ask me.  Sheesh, that is empire building stuff.  I know all the "if you build it they will come" motto, but they are raking just the right mix into the school.  Impressive that just as you lose a quality player at QB that another one with experience just pops right in.  Also a little unsettling to me....of course, they are saying it is just a coincidence.  Their other sports are starting to trend upward too.....?  Crazy

Kaza 

Crow.....lets flip the table. What are you thinking about the GCA pipeline, and how far it seems to extend? So far, as I surveyed it they have gotten players from Blount, Anderson, Claiborne, Roane, Knox, Sevier, and Campbell Counties. The last two are not confirmed, but that is a awfully long rope if you ask me. Sheesh, that is empire building stuff. I know all the "if you build it they will come" motto, but they are raking just the right mix into the school. Impressive that just as you lose a quality player at QB that another one with experience just pops right in. Also a little unsettling to me....of course, they are saying it is just a coincidence. Their other sports are starting to trend upward too.....? Crazy

Kaza

I seriously makes me wonder how much the school draws people in and how much they actually go looking. You know what I'm saying?

Crow.....lets flip the table.  What are you thinking about the GCA pipeline, and how far it seems to extend?  So far, as I surveyed it they have gotten players from Blount, Anderson, Claiborne, Roane, Knox, Sevier, and Campbell Counties.  The last two are not confirmed, but that is a awfully long rope if you ask me.  Sheesh, that is empire building stuff.  I know all the "if you build it they will come" motto, but they are raking just the right mix into the school.  Impressive that just as you lose a quality player at QB that another one with experience just pops right in.  Also a little unsettling to me....of course, they are saying it is just a coincidence.  Their other sports are starting to trend upward too.....?  Crazy

Kaza

Bigger net than that Kaz, they were talking about a couple boys rolling in from Missouri if I recall correctly. Other than that I'm gonna try and just live and let live. Unless someone has proof everything else is simply speculation. On the surface they appear to be following the rules. I can't see below the surface so I'll just have to take it at face value. Unless proof of wrongdoing surfaces I will continue to try and maintain this stance and give credit where it is due. They have assembled an amazing staff, a remarkable team and an awesome facility. They are well on their way to an Alcoa / Maryville type of program so long as they don't grow to many "A's" on their classification status.

Crow.....lets flip the table. What are you thinking about the GCA pipeline, and how far it seems to extend? So far, as I surveyed it they have gotten players from Blount, Anderson, Claiborne, Roane, Knox, Sevier, and Campbell Counties. The last two are not confirmed, but that is a awfully long rope if you ask me. Sheesh, that is empire building stuff. I know all the "if you build it they will come" motto, but they are raking just the right mix into the school. Impressive that just as you lose a quality player at QB that another one with experience just pops right in. Also a little unsettling to me....of course, they are saying it is just a coincidence. Their other sports are starting to trend upward too.....? Crazy

Kaza

For clarification, I'm sure you want to state facts and not fairy tales:

1. We've had 2 kids from Campbell County for 3 years

2. I don't know of any kids from Sevier County (you did state that you hadn't confirmed that one, so no correction needed, just letting you know)

3. We didn't lose our QB from last year. He's still a quality QB, just playing a different position this year. He took us to the semi's last year at QB and will play a bigger role for us this year

You're right about the area we pull from. You guys don't have to fool with us anymore. Going to be a fun year in your region, will be interesting to see how that one plays out. Could be the toughest region in the state. You guys and that UC/Peabody region.

Bigger net than that Kaz, they were talking about a couple boys rolling in from Missouri if I recall correctly. Other than that I'm gonna try and just live and let live. Unless someone has proof everything else is simply speculation. On the surface they appear to be following the rules. I can't see below the surface so I'll just have to take it at face value. Unless proof of wrongdoing surfaces I will continue to try and maintain this stance and give credit where it is due. They have assembled an amazing staff, a remarkable team and an awesome facility. They are well on their way to an Alcoa / Maryville type of program so long as they don't grow to many "A's" on their classification status.

Appreciate your restraint. I think you guys will take care of the Eagles and their recovered equipment. Looking ahead, there should be several grind it out kind of games. Glad it's here.

Pride it's easy to get into just doing the same thing because that's what we have always done be it in life or in football. Calling a cheater a cheater is no different. I despise a thief but you know there was a time in my life that I caught my momma not looking in the grocery store and grabbed a piece of candy from one of those old school cardboard bins they used to have set up in the isles and popped it in my mouth. Just for good measure I snagged one for the road. I think I was about 6 or 7 at the time. I got caught by her & she paid for the candy then dad collected the debt from me that I owed that evening when he got home. That pretty much broke me. I don't think it'd be to fair for folks to still refer to me as a thief all these years later over that incident. Y'all got caught, paid your fine and have moved on. Unless I have proof otherwise that's where I stand. That doesn't mean I agree with the system that TSSAA allows to stay in place or with the advantages that come with it but it does mean that I understand it is the system we have. Public schools have the option of not participating in that system just as the privates do. No one is being forced to be a TSSAA participating school, we all do it because it's the easiest way to play in this state. So in actuality the private schools are self serving for staying in D-1 just like the public schools are for continuing in a system they find so flawed. I'm sure I am in the minority in that line of thinking.

Pride it's easy to get into just doing the same thing because that's what we have always done be it in life or in football. Calling a cheater a cheater is no different. I despise a thief but you know there was a time in my life that I caught my momma not looking in the grocery store and grabbed a piece of candy from one of those old school cardboard bins they used to have set up in the isles and popped it in my mouth. Just for good measure I snagged one for the road. I think I was about 6 or 7 at the time. I got caught by her & she paid for the candy then dad collected the debt from me that I owed that evening when he got home. That pretty much broke me. I don't think it'd be to fair for folks to still refer to me as a thief all these years later over that incident. Y'all got caught, paid your fine and have moved on. Unless I have proof otherwise that's where I stand. That doesn't mean I agree with the system that TSSAA allows to stay in place or with the advantages that come with it but it does mean that I understand it is the system we have. Public schools have the option of not participating in that system just as the privates do. No one is being forced to be a TSSAA participating school, we all do it because it's the easiest way to play in this state. So in actuality the private schools are self serving for staying in D-1 just like the public schools are for continuing in a system they find so flawed. I'm sure I am in the minority in that line of thinking.

You have pretty much summed up my thoughts on the matter.The system is flawed but its the system we go by so thats that.I dont agree but i dont have to.I enjoy the banter between some of the guys and i used to be a the top of the heap but you hit the nail on the head.Good post.