DB AT TENNESSEE HIGH

Looks like you guys are missing your D-line coach because he is now at Elizabethton, why would he leave Tennessee High for Betsy????

Your guess is as good as mine.  It seems like he would possibly be taking a pretty big pay cut though.  For someone with his experience, there's about a $5,000 difference between Bristol and Elizabethton City schools.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your guess is as good as mine. It seems like he would possibly be taking a pretty big pay cut though. For someone with his experience, there's about a $5,000 difference between Bristol and Elizabethton City schools.

It was a disagreement "with the school" or as I've heard it, a disagreement with the coaching staff and players. He certainly did not go out on good terms and some players have backed my idea.

I guess we can chalk this one up as a learning experience. This team has a lot of work to do and Xs and Os are the least of that work. We need the basics... tackling, catching the ball, heart, and did I already say TACKLING!! A full practice of just tackling drills and playing bull in the ring would do this team more good than anything else at this point. Nice win for DB. You had a couple of breakdowns but for the most part the Tribe played a solid game. I was extremely impressed with the QB and the Kicker!! I'm surprised you guys didn't go to the air more often because the QB looked to have a solid arm and you had plenty of speed coming out of the backfield. I'm also surprised that the kicker didn't get leg cramps because he sure put in work tonight with all the the kickoffs into the end-zone. Wow!! I'm curious to see if the Vikings can bounce back and bring some aggression and HEART to next weeks game against the flag... I mean South.  B)

By the way... The Band was off the chain tonight!!!! You would think at some point our band director would take some notes. Or either the powers to be would see the light and get a new band director. I can't stand seeing these kids putting so much work in and it not being appreciated because no one in the stands can relate. 

By the way... The Band was off the chain tonight!!!! You would think at some point our band director would take some notes. Or either the powers to be would see the light and get a new band director. I can't stand seeing these kids putting so much work in and it not being appreciated because no one in the stands can relate.

What show did they do?

I thought DB looked good, but maybe that's partly because Tenn High was playing 2 hand touch instead of tackle most of the night.     And Tenn High did not complete a pass until late in Q4.     Take away the 2 long breakaway runs and TH's offense was pretty anemic.       Sorry Vikings, I'm not just trying to dump on you but everybody was just standing around flatfooted like they would rather be at the race parade or something.       DB's passing needs some work before they play a good team but overall the Indians got it done.     I liked #50 on defense (made some key stops) and holy cow #23 was just phenomenal.

I liked that part where the one girl smacked the other one down, it actually took me by surprise because for a second I thought they were really fighting.

I forgot to mention in my earlier rant that #22 and #5 for the Vikings played with a lot of heart, very impressed with those young men

Good start for DB. Soph's really stepped up. What a talented bunch of players

The 10th grade class might have been the first to play against themselves in the 8th grade for the conference championship. DB needs to keep all those guys they can from now until the end of the 2016 season.I predicted years ago that with the class above them, it would be a special team at DB. What I didn't know was that Maryville's 10th graders are one of their best groups as well.I doubt Maryville has lost any of their players unless by injuries and DB can't afford to lose not one more from this great and loaded class.The loss of King from the 11th grade will hurt more next year when the Two seniors are gone but there is a stud back in the 10th if they turn him loose.

BM - i think the way you do on most things but the 1 thing i disagree with is loosing the QUITTER 

best thing that could have happened to the DB team. I saw the QUITTER along with his thugger figure at the game hanging with that topper crap on... what a waste

db will go on and never look back coach clark has to be glad to get rid of the 1 issue player he started the summer with...and it will be nothing in the end but a big prob for SC 

BM - i think the way you do on most things but the 1 thing i disagree with is loosing the QUITTER 

best thing that could have happened to the DB team. I saw the QUITTER along with his thugger figure at the game hanging with that topper crap on... what a waste

db will go on and never look back coach clark has to be glad to get rid of the 1 issue player he started the summer with...and it will be nothing in the end but a big prob for SC 

He is a very talented player but has so much baggage it makes him below average. Having a player like that around your program is like a cancer that spreads to the other players. It's possible he could turn it around but not likely. You have to realize the problem is you in a situation like this.