Oak Ridge at Dobyns-Bennett

hincke2000

No prob, did not know that, I stand corrected.

But to say blazer1set is one of the more SANE posters on coacht, really???        INSANE  maybe....

Ok here's a bit of band trivia for all the coacht fans (just to show my true like of HS bands):     What is the name of the song that Sevier County plays after every Bear 1st Down (B1D)? 

Smokey the Bear if memory serves.

Edit: Batman beat me to it.

Edited by voltnh

I have to admit I don't know the name of that song, so I guess you guys are right.    I can hum it all the way thru though, if that counts.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TjX5r37V0Q

You will be sick of it one week ,and then you get to hear the same fight song Maryville and Greeneville have the next week when ME comes calling.my bad,you get to hear it at ME

Edited by BatmanDB

I agree... but we wont have a continuous clock after half this year because of competition ... So I guess we will see how many stick around for the good games !!

I don't know if either sides players want to win more.I know the DB kids want to win and I'm sure the vast majority of DB coaches want to win ,but I'd say the OR staff probably wants it more.I think it's a little hotter around the nuke plant then around the big E to be coaching.As long as DB has a great band ,I don't think what happens before or after half time will matter to the powers that be in Kingsport.I think most fans would be thrilled if the band wins state and the football team wins one or two playoff games.Don't believe me.Watch the DB fans after half time.It does't matter if it's a one point game going into the fourth quarter,atleast several hundred will leave.

Edited by kingindian33

I agree... but we wont have a continuous clock after half this year because of competition ... So I guess we will see how many stick around for the good games !!

Seen them leave from the half right up until the fourth in close games, I've seen them get up and leave with DB driving for the win in the fourth quarter.Got to beat the traffic.Really,that's fine because everyone doesn't like football.If I had a kid in the band,I'd stay to watch him or her until the end myself,might even catch part of the football game.