Oak Ridge at Dobyns-Bennett

hincke2000

#7 Barrett & #15 Polinski - both Jr.'s and both started every game as Soph's last season. Those 2 are also the deep backs on punts. Barrett is deep for kick-offs - Polinski had the best tackle of the night against TN High...picked the back up drove him back and flattened him

#5 Thompson is playing some safety - #16 Rodgers some - DB has so many good athletes - they can bring in for action

Well put.     Last week #7 roasted Tennessee High on kick and punt returns, and yet they continued to kick it directly to him time after time.... (sigh)....  (shaking head). ......

BVD, I said this on another post but it bears repeating....  in the DB game the THS defense were giving DB's runner high fives as he blew by them.    It wasn't even 2 hand touch, THS just didn't want to have any contact on defense.      So like you say, this is very confusing how they could play you guys so tough and then just totally fold against DB.

DB fans - don't get upset, not taking anything away from DB's running backs here, I thought they played very well, but you have to admit that THS couldn't tackle their way out of a paper bag.

If there are any Atomic Wildcats fans reading this, your  defense better step up and be very physical against DB or they will take you to the cleaners in a hurry.    

You won't have to worry about our D not showing up...These kids will bring the house down on you and are getting better by the day.

ROOOLLL Widcats ROOOLLL !!!!!

You won't have to worry about our D not showing up...These kids will bring the house down on you and are getting better by the day.

ROOOLLL Widcats ROOOLLL !!!!!

A few questions.What kind of size has both your fronts have.O-line and front 7 on defense.What kind of weight training has OR got.Other words,does your coaches from the top down know what they are doing in the weight room .

A few questions.What kind of size has both your fronts have.O-line and front 7 on defense.What kind of weight training has OR got.Other words,does your coaches from the top down know what they are doing in the weight room .

OR has a good weight training program and very strong kids. Defense is big, strong and very fast. Offense is a work in progress right now but we're getting there. Very good skilled players and an O line that is progressing. Why do you ask BatmanDB ?

BVD, I said this on another post but it bears repeating....  in the DB game the THS defense were giving DB's runner high fives as he blew by them.    It wasn't even 2 hand touch, THS just didn't want to have any contact on defense.      So like you say, this is very confusing how they could play you guys so tough and then just totally fold against DB.

DB fans - don't get upset, not taking anything away from DB's running backs here, I thought they played very well, but you have to admit that THS couldn't tackle their way out of a paper bag.

If there are any Atomic Wildcats fans reading this, your  defense better step up and be very physical against DB or they will take you to the cleaners in a hurry.    

That's funny.......Your telling the Wildcats defense they better step up and play physical against DB.   Ever been to a DB-OR game?

OR has a good weight training program and very strong kids. Defense is big, strong and very fast. Offense is a work in progress right now but we're getting there. Very good skilled players and an O line that is progressing. Why do you ask BatmanDB ?

He wants to say DB's weight training program sucks but he's to politically correct to do so.

That's funny.......Your telling the Wildcats defense they better step up and play physical against DB.   Ever been to a DB-OR game?

No, have never seen these two teams play each other.      I take from your comment that playing a very physical game is just inherently built into this rivalry?

I got no clue how to put a dang picture on this site

Visitors side =
1 large section (250/300) behind end zone
1 very large section (500) from back of end zone to the 35 yd line
3 small sections starting at the 45 and stopping at opposite 25 yd line (150 ea)

Congrats to the Vols for landing the Wildcat WR!!! Awesome, maybe one of our fine 5-8 DB's will be able to cover him with some help. DB does have a very good defensive backfield

Roll Tribe

I don't share your optimism with DB's chances of holding these OR receivers in check. DB has good athletes in the defensive backfield but as a tradition they play 10 yrds. off even a average receiver. Add that to the fact that you have a 5'7" DB going against the states top player in 6'5" Higgens. A match made in heaven for Oak Ridge. That's why I say DB will have to put 45 on the board to win the game.

Having good size along with guys that can run behind them is good.Having players that have size and  are strong ,plus the speed is how you will make a run at another championship.

Having good size along with guys that can run behind them is good.Having players that have size and  are strong ,plus the speed is how you will make a run at another championship.

Lots of work yet to be done on the offensive side of the ball but we are getting there. The defense is strong and solid. They will keep us in games while our offense grows

I don't share your optimism with DB's chances of holding these OR receivers in check. DB has good athletes in the defensive backfield but as a tradition they play 10 yrds. off even a average receiver. Add that to the fact that you have a 5'7" DB going against the states top player in 6'5" Higgens. A match made in heaven for Oak Ridge. That's why I say DB will have to put 45 on the board to win the game.

You prob have not seen these guys play then... they up are in your grill one on one - they have more speed especially #7 than most any receiver they face and prob as good or better athletes than who they go up against 

We will see Friday Night - Indinas have a great shot at going 2-0 and they will if they keep the penalties and turnovers to a minimum

Roll Tribe