Oak Ridge at Dobyns-Bennett

hincke2000

UpperDecker, on 23 Aug 2015 - 11:52 AM, said:

DB band section is behind scoreboard end zone - section closest to home side
We got good speakers on the 40 FT HD screen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What you say is not necessarily true.  At times in the past, when they've had too many for football band to sit in the left hand side (the side that was originally designed for them), they sat on the right side - the visitor side of the scoreboard.​  Perhaps they only did that a couple of times and decided to force fit on the left side.  I don't know.  I haven't attended every game in the last couple of years.  If they've grown any, they can't fit on the left anymore.

Looking forward to a "real schedule" again.  I despised the old schedule and just quit attending the powder puff games.  Will be good to see the Wildcats back on our turf again.  The OR away game used to be my favorite away game.  I wonder if their visitor bleachers have been improved.  Used to be that if you didn't hang on to your belongings, bye bye forever.

Edited by DBGRAD70

What you say is not necessarily true. At times in the past, when they've had too many for football band to sit in the left hand side (the side that was originally designed for them), they sat on the right side - the visitor side of the scoreboard.​ Perhaps they only did that a couple of times and decided to force fit on the left side. I don't know. I haven't attended every game in the last couple of years. If they've grown any, they can't fit on the left anymore.

Looking forward to a "real schedule" again. I despised the old schedule and just quit attending the powder puff games. Will be good to see the Wildcats back on our turf again. The OR away game used to be my favorite away game. I wonder if their visitor bleachers have been improved. Used to be that if you didn't hang on to your belongings, bye bye forever.

Yes they installed new visitor stands last year.

I am really looking forward to this game.  Oak Ridge and Dobyns-Bennett games have almost all been classics, this one should be another good one.  I saw DB play Farragut last year and was impressed with the line play and the running back.  DB fans should see a much tougher defense in Oak Ridge than TN high so I expect a closer score.  It sounds like both schools have great kickers so that should be fun to watch as well.  Not predicting a score yet, but glad to be able to banter with DB fans again on Coach T.

Look foward to watching the Cats get better each week.Maybe our crowd will be loud on the road.Its sad that these KIDS work so hard and even with a huge crowd your could hear a pin drop on the Oak Ridge side Friday.The great Dean Smith said it best when he said its amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit.To many selfish people care about what they want and not whats best for the team.Clinton fans was loud when they gained a yard.I have faith in the TEAM which is players,coaches and everybody involved.

Look foward to watching the Cats get better each week.Maybe our crowd will be loud on the road.Its sad that these KIDS work so hard and even with a huge crowd your could hear a pin drop on the Oak Ridge side Friday.The great Dean Smith said it best when he said its amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit.To many selfish people care about what they want and not whats best for the team.Clinton fans was loud when they gained a yard.I have faith in the TEAM which is players,coaches and everybody involved.

+1

Bring noise makers. Bring one for a friend. BB Bottles are a lot louder than clapping. Metal bleachers will help.

Gaddis needs to put a CoachT ban or gag order in place for its fans! You guys are out of control. Who knows, maybe Sdot will be over that way and have a GQ sighting before long. Crossing my fingers!

Funny you should mention that. I was actually at Jeff co high school Saturday morning, just off hwy 92 on the frontage road. Word on the street is GQ was seen playing golf at patriot hills. They said he had on "property of JCHS athletic dept." jogging pants and a "I heart J.C." T-shirt. I guess he got a few rounds in before heading on up to burke-toney.

OR fans - I had read your starting QB had broken his leg and out for season. Who is running the offense now? What Class is your QB now?

What kind of numbers did your offensive leaders have against the Dragons last week?

Not sure where you read that at but it's not true. We are working through some issues right now and that's it.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL !!!!

Edited by NuWildcat