Oak Ridge at Dobyns-Bennett

hincke2000

Don't worry. Gaddis is a tricky man. He knew the entire DB coaching staff was there tonight. My guess is he went very vanilla with his play calling. Oak Ridge did just enough to win tonight and were never in any danger of losing the lead. I still say DB will have to score 45 or more points to win this game. I expect Oak Ridge will be wide open (no pun intended) Friday night.

You are giving our offensive coaches way too much credit.

So explain to me why if you have a QB that started all season last year and had a good year, why would he have not played last night?

Because our offensive coaching staff is a joke.

We have terrible OL play, due mostly to coaching. We switched offenses, despite having the same personnel to run what was successful last year, and second year starting QB's typically improve.

However, for the sake of argument, let's say this year's offense is the right offense for us. If it is, then we ran the wrong offense last year.

IMO, we haven't been well coached or disciplined offensively the last three years. We don't establish anything with consistency, nor are we creative. A poster described last night as vanilla, because we didn't want to show anything. Maybe that's been the plan for the last three years.

I do think you have a great Defense but giving Clark time to prepare (because I'm sure our whole coaching staff was there last night) will help !!DB has some great backs and one back that is stepping up in A big way "Rodgers" and we have a QB that has the ability to be great at anytime !!i just don't see OR defense only allowing 14 points (heck our kicker can boot them from 50+) ... DB will pull out this one by a few TDs .. Just glad this rivalry is back "exciting " both teams have great fan basses!!!.

If this game is close it will be because it's low scoring, Oak Ridge will be too good on Defense for there to be a lot of points by DB. If OR can get their offense going than this could be a big win for the Wildcats. DB should be more talented than the Clinton team overall, but I doubt they have a QB like what OR just faced so I think OR will keep DB in check all night and win this one:

OR: 31

DB: 14

Edited by kingindian33

On a positive note. We can't get any worse than Friday lol

Oak Ridge typically doesn't look very good in their 1st game of the season. Farragut beat you guys several years in that first game, but you always get better and better every week. Remember, it's not how you start, it's how you finish. Good Luck against the tribe next week!