Oak Ridge at Dobyns-Bennett

hincke2000

Their is no doubt in my mind if we play like we did tonight DB wins the game. They're much better than Clinton and we struggled to move the ball against their mediocre defense.

Don't worry. Gaddis is a tricky man. He knew the entire DB coaching staff was there tonight. My guess is he went very vanilla with his play calling. Oak Ridge did just enough to win tonight and were never in any danger of losing the lead. I still say DB will have to score 45 or more points to win this game. I expect Oak Ridge will be wide open (no pun intended) Friday night.

Don't worry. Gaddis is a tricky man. He knew the entire DB coaching staff was there tonight. My guess is he went very vanilla with his play calling. Oak Ridge did just enough to win tonight and were never in any danger of losing the lead. I still say DB will have to score 45 or more points to win this game. I expect Oak Ridge will be wide open (no pun intended) Friday night.

I appreciate your optimism for our team, but what I saw tonight Waco you guys should have no worries.

well you said this a couple days ago about DB vs TN high: ( I will say, though, that if DB struggles and barely wins this game then it may be a long season in the new conference. ) "So maybe it's you thats a little to excited!"

Some of my Kingsport friends are getting really excited about beating 2 5A schools half DB's size to start the season. Indians looked good last night, I see a good season ahead, but let's not bet the farm just yet.....

Edited by kingindian33

If this game is close it will be because it's low scoring, Oak Ridge will be too good on Defense for there to be a lot of points by DB. If OR can get their offense going than this could be a big win for the Wildcats. DB should be more talented than the Clinton team overall, but I doubt they have a QB like what OR just faced so I think OR will keep DB in check all night and win this one:

OR: 31

DB: 14

well you said this a couple days ago about DB vs TN high: ( I will say, though, that if DB struggles and barely wins this game then it may be a long season in the new conference. ) "So maybe it's you thats a little to excited!"

33, preseason this was a worrisome game because OR was ranked in the top 5 in 5A, however the Wildcats struggled a lot last night in a game they should have won easily so looks like they were way overrated.     There's always a chance It may still be a good game but given what we saw last night DB will roll on this one

Our defense will keep us in all the games we play this year. Last night I was ticked and wasn't thinking logically, but after regathering my thoughts with as good as our D is we can win any game we play. A lot of the things on offense are correctable. Some runs if a back just remotely blocks we go in for a score or a long gain on several occasions. Clinton's QB is the best one we will see by a longshot. Unless we make it deep in the playoffs then perhaps we will then, but he's an elite HS QB. If we can shore up a few things in terms of our blocking assignments this is a very winnable game for us with our D. I don't see either team "rolling" to a victory, not with our defense. Clinton will put up 30+ on most teams.

QB position also needs worked out. If it was me I would play #17. At least get him in there, switch it up some. #14 offers no passing threat. We have 2 D1 WRs to work with. Get it done.

That's what surprised me the most: that much talent on offense and only scoring 24 on Clinton. Sounds like a quarterback rotation would help.