Johnson Co at Hampton....Week 2

uknoit2

Whats even worse is we dropped in the rankings. Etown didn't play and moved up 2 spots, GP got upset and stayed  where they were and we never got a single vote.Oneida got the same treatment.Oh well, It is what it is.

HAHA! That's funny right there....On a good note, we're the ones talking about this and it appears the boys couldn't care less...They're just wanting to win

HAHA! That's funny right there....On a good note, we're the ones talking about this and it appears the boys couldn't care less...They're just wanting to win

And if they win enough,  they will get some attention as it goes along. Rankings at this point means nothing and its really all about how many local papers try to help you. My only concern is these kids staying healthy and getting the fruits of their labor. We've got some kids who deserve ALOT.

Heck! Unaka was good enough to get a 1/2 page article in the Press LOL

BUT, Fritz did say our 500+ yd game peaked his interest....Who cares! :angry:

Our local media has gone dramatically down hill. I think Tim Chmabers writes for a paper in mountain city now. Maybe there will be some good coverage of your all a game Friday in that one at least.

Pujo....didn't put any stock in preseason polls and could care less if we are ranked in AP.  Let it get settled on the field, can't get it wrong there much.  Believe it or not we chucked the forward pass...!  That headline news in any paper.  Other thing good about it....dudes on the other end caught'em.

Kaz

Pujo....didn't put any stock in preseason polls and could care less if we are ranked in AP.  Let it get settled on the field, can't get it wrong there much.  Believe it or not we chucked the forward pass...!  That headline news in any paper.  Other thing good about it....dudes on the other end caught'em.

Kaz

Passing game could help you guys a ton. Really don't need to throw it alot but you have to keep teams honest. 

Our local media has gone dramatically down hill. I think Tim Chmabers writes for a paper in mountain city now. Maybe there will be some good coverage of your all a game Friday in that one at least.

We will get a good write up from Tim...The Star is ridiculous and it's probably not the sports writer's fault...They don't cover much anymore, and even quit printing FB programs for the schools! Now, you know there was money to be made in that!

Whomever took over seems to be trying to run the Star farther in the ground than it already was

Yea, what Pujo said.....The way I look at it is, if we were a ranked team or on the radar, heading to GP (a ranked team) then there's more interest in that game from those at the next level.

Not much can be done about it, it's just a shame that many hard working kids dont have the support of local media helping get them to the next step....It's not about getting lil Johnny his minutes of fame b4 he graduates   

As far a being listed on the pole, just to be there...Couldn't care less

Yea, what Pujo said.....The way I look at it is, if we were a ranked team or on the radar, heading to GP (a ranked team) then there's more interest in that game from those at the next level.

Not much can be done about it, it's just a shame that many hard working kids dont have the support of local media helping get them to the next step....It's not about getting lil Johnny his minutes of fame b4 he graduates   

As far a being listed on the pole, just to be there...Couldn't care less

We actually had alot of coverage last week, Asheville Citizen, Avery Journal, Star,Carter County Sports. WCYB and WJHL. Only one lacking was the Press. I also think there is going to be a special preveiw of all the area teams in the star on Thrusday.  

Edited by pujo

We actually had alot of coverage last week, Asheville Citizen, Avery Journal, Star,Carter County Sports. WCYB and WJHL. Only one lacking was the Press. I also think there is going to be a special preveiw of all the area teams in the star on Thrusday.  

My post was based on past experience.....Heck, if they printed stats about a game last season, you know where they got their stats from! Wasn't anything they sat down to do themselves.

I will say, some seem to be doing better based on preseason & first game info...Still haven't seen a stat on tackles, and so on, have you?

BTW, Collin Brooks has a new digital magazine out that showcases all local teams...All local fans should take a look at it