Johnson Co at Hampton....Week 2

uknoit2

Seems like alot of people in the area don't care for the Cyclones. Don't put me in that boat. I'm not a hater of any of our local teams.As far as Etown being ranked 5th, they don't rank themselves,Its the local media that vote for um. The media just needs to understand that the County schools are every bit as proud and have accomplished just as much as the Cyclones.

Don't get me wrong here...I support ALL of our local teams. I was just making a statement that its the media and not the players who do the ranking. I think this early in the season you can't put a lot of reasoning into their opinion. The county schools should have more coverage. Also I believe that the Cyclones are a solid team but not a high ranked team without playing a single game. The Dawgs are much better than the media is giving them credit for. I'll be at both the HHS - JCHS game and then the next week EHS - JCHS game and see how each do against the same opponent

After a bunch of research and analyzing this game, I've got to go with the Longhorns. The talent will be too great to overcome for the Dogs. With Ricky Williams running the ball, Vince Young throwing the rock to Jordan Shipley, that's a tough Longhorn offense to overcome. Not to mention Brian Orakpo and Quentin Jammer playing lock down Defense. That's too much to handle for the Dogs. Add in the experience of Longhorn coach Mack Brown, and I doubt even CAK could compete with them. Good luck though....

After a bunch of research and analyzing this game, I've got to go with the Longhorns. The talent will be too great to overcome for the Dogs. With Ricky Williams running the ball, Vince Young throwing the rock to Jordan Shipley, that's a tough Longhorn offense to overcome. Not to mention Brian Orakpo and Quentin Jammer playing lock down Defense. That's too much to handle for the Dogs. Add in the experience of Longhorn coach Mack Brown, and I doubt even CAK could compete with them. Good luck though....[/quote

That's too funny]

Don't get me wrong here...I support ALL of our local teams. I was just making a statement that its the media and not the players who do the ranking. I think this early in the season you can't put a lot of reasoning into their opinion. The county schools should have more coverage. Also I believe that the Cyclones are a solid team but not a high ranked team without playing a single game. The Dawgs are much better than the media is giving them credit for. I'll be at both the HHS - JCHS game and then the next week EHS - JCHS game and see how each do against the same opponent

Oh I wasn't saying you were a hater,I've kept up with you're posts and you just tell it like you see it. I don't think Etown is #5 either but with the schedule they have,they will likely stay fairly high all year, Might lose 2 games.

After a bunch of research and analyzing this game, I've got to go with the Longhorns. The talent will be too great to overcome for the Dogs. With Ricky Williams running the ball, Vince Young throwing the rock to Jordan Shipley, that's a tough Longhorn offense to overcome. Not to mention Brian Orakpo and Quentin Jammer playing lock down Defense. That's too much to handle for the Dogs. Add in the experience of Longhorn coach Mack Brown, and I doubt even CAK could compete with them. Good luck though....[/quote

That's too funny]

Wrong Longhorns Pride. That bunch would beat Maryville. You think I.m joking

I agree with pujo, love seeing all the area teams do well! But just don't understand how the local media can't cover the Bulldogs? I can say this....... they are missing an opportunity to see alot of good kids/athletes perform on Fridays!!But you watch, if the dogs beat GP, every paper will wanna cover the games then! Just my opinion.

Everybody loves you when your winning.