TN High @ Sullivan South

THSVikings2004

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THS either 28-14 or 35-21. Margin depends upon how good THS passing attack is. South's 1st string defense has stuffed the run pretty good so far in the 3 times I have seen them against other teams so far this year. They have a young secondary. Saw some pretty good pass defense plays against Boone but a few breakdowns as well which is where Boone got most of their yards. If THS passing game is not good then this could be closer than many think.

Wow guys, Boone certainly getting no respect on this thread....    well that's ok, we haven't earned it.

I saw THS vs DB and South vs. Boone.      Everybody is right, South is way down this year but THS looked totally anemic against DB.    Now you could argue that DB is so much better of a team, and that could be true.    Most of the Vikings players were just standing around flat footed like they didn't really want to be there.    The running backs looked good, especially 5 and 22.   But the passing was non-existent, so to beat South you better be able to run the ball with consistency.     Defensively you have to stop #3 on South, let him get to the outside and it's goodbye Irene.     South's downfield passing was not really good either though, the main play was a pass straight down the line of scrimmage and then let the receiver run it.

BTW, in the Boone game South did have a long TD called back on holding, and sadly for the guy who ran it in is that the hold was totally unnecessary, he was already blowing by the defender.   However Boone caught a TD right B4 halftime but didn't get the feet in bounds, also dropped a TD pass in the end zone, so the final score "could have been" anything but 21-14.       South is way down from last year but definitely better than Boone.

So after all that brilliant analysis, how does this one go down?       THS  24    South  14

I feel that this Viking team will grow each game they play this season. Right now they have allot of room to grow and several of them frankly look like they would rather avoid contact on defense. They need to know that is the quickest way to make someone's highlight film. If these guys turn up the aggression and physicality on defense this week this game won't be close. It would also be nice to see #5 get the ball in space more often, and maybe see him return punts. Quick as a cat and the closes thing THS has had to a scat back since another #5 back in 2006!! #22 is going to be the workhorse and is good for at least 2 to 3 yards on his own. I'm not sure if we will see his full potential playing ironman ball so coaching someone up at LB to shorten his reps on defense is crucial. Also I hope #7 has had time to heal this week. If he is at 100% he changes the face of this defense, so my fingers are crossed.