Week 2: Springfield at Gallatin

JacketLover

In regards to the game, I'm not sure why everyone takes it so personal. I think this match up favors Mason and his running style. I'm not taking anything away from the Springfield defense, the Springfield running backs, or anyone else. Football is most often about match ups and I simply think this one favors Gallatin.

An opinion you are certainly entitled to

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In regards to the game, I'm not sure why everyone takes it so personal. I think this match up favors Mason and his running style. I'm not taking anything away from the Springfield defense, the Springfield running backs, or anyone else. Football is most often about match ups and I simply think this one favors Gallatin.

I endorse this post.

I think a large part of the Jackets success last year versus the Green Wave was due to the fact that both games were played at Boyce Smith

Looks like its gonna be a great night for football at the Waveyard , one of my favorite venues to watch high school football. Springfield broke a long losing skid last year against the Wave , can they do it again ? The Jackets last won a game at Gallatin in 1981 , in a defensive struggle 7-6 . Don't know if the Jackets can turn the trick Friday , I didn't see it happening last year in both contests , but I was glad I was wrong. Both teams are very similar with athletes that can go the distance at any time.Its gonna be a fun night for football. Go Jackets !!

Looks like its gonna be a great night for football at the Waveyard , one of my favorite venues to watch high school football. Springfield broke a long losing skid last year against the Wave , can they do it again ? The Jackets last won a game at Gallatin in 1981 , in a defensive struggle 7-6 . Don't know if the Jackets can turn the trick Friday , I didn't see it happening last year in both contests , but I was glad I was wrong. Both teams are very similar with athletes that can go the distance at any time.Its gonna be a fun night for football. Go Jackets !!

Should be a fun game. Great traditions at both schools and lots of respect. Hoping for no injuries to either side and safe trips for the good people of Springfield.

Last year, I thought after the first game that Gallatin would have won had the starting QB not been injured. I really thought that. Lots of people were wanting a rematch just like myself. Then it happened. I was thinking after listening to part of the Springfield/Clarksville game that the Yellow Jackets were either really banged up and not as good or...they would be really focused on Gallatin this time around. Especially with Gallatin wanting revenge and riding a winning streak. The later occurred as we all know. Gallatin was just flat out not as good as Springfield was last year. I think this speaks highly of Wilson who has done a good job at Springfield. He I feel is the right guy for the job as I do Williams here at Gallatin. A player told me a few days after the playoff loss that he still thought Gallatin had a better team. I told him unfortunately I disagreed. Not that year. This year, revenge has been played down and it seems to me it just is a really good contest between 2 old time foes. I think this is a hard fought slugfest between 2 teams that are getting overlooked somewhat in their respective regions. Anyway this is a different year and team. We will see what happens.

Last year, I thought after the first game that Gallatin would have won had the starting QB not been injured. I really thought that. Lots of people were wanting a rematch just like myself. Then it happened. I was thinking after listening to part of the Springfield/Clarksville game that the Yellow Jackets were either really banged up and not as good or...they would be really focused on Gallatin this time around. Especially with Gallatin wanting revenge and riding a winning streak. The later occurred as we all know. Gallatin was just flat out not as good as Springfield was last year. I think this speaks highly of Wilson who has done a good job at Springfield. He I feel is the right guy for the job as I do Williams here at Gallatin. A player told me a few days after the playoff loss that he still thought Gallatin had a better team. I told him unfortunately I disagreed. Not that year. This year, revenge has been played down and it seems to me it just is a really good contest between 2 old time foes. I think this is a hard fought slugfest between 2 teams that are getting overlooked somewhat in their respective regions. Anyway this is a different year and team. We will see what happens.

well said good summary