Week 2:CPA vs Knox Catholic

BigDave1967

I think CPA is special this year. It was hard to even imagine they would be better than last year, but the first two games seem to indicate so.

Coach Martin is wise beyond his age. I learn something each time he speaks, not about football per se, but about life which produces good football as a side effect. His coaching staff and strength / conditioning program are also top notch. We are very blessed. I pray MBA wins championships every year!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think CPA is special this year. It was hard to even imagine they would be better than last year, but the first two games seem to indicate so.

Coach Martin is wise beyond his age. I learn something each time he speaks, not about football per se, but about life which produces good football as a side effect. His coaching staff and strength / conditioning program are also top notch. We are very blessed. I pray MBA wins championships every year!

CPA is the real deal.

I didn't expect to have a running clock tonight. Knox Catholic has a very good team. Amari Rodgers might be the best player we've played against in 3 seasons. I think he is better than the 4-5 star skill players at Peachtree Ridge we saw last week. Knox Catholic came out like they were Oregon. Their tempo gave CPA fits early. But key mistakes against CPA will get you beat. The 80 yard pick six early turned the game around. CPA is fundamentally sound and does not beat themselves.

Also CPA went with a very balanced attack tonight after grind it out wins vs Alcoa and Peachtree Ridge. Weatherly complete yes about 70% of his passes tonight. As soon as CPA started to pass Knox Catholic did not have an answer. They sold out to stop the run and Weatherly beat them through the air and then the passing game set up big plays in the run game as well.

Most surprising play of the night was Chip Oner's 2nd long TD run. He out ram Amari Rodgers on an 80 yard TD run. He Had a 79 yard TD run earlier as well.

Barrett had 93 yard kick off return last week against all those SEC / ACC commits at Peachtree Ridge.

Somebody needs to give those kids offers. They are both great FB players.

I didn't expect to have a running clock tonight. Knox Catholic has a very good team. Amari Rodgers might be the best player we've played against in 3 seasons. I think he is better than the 4-5 star skill players at Peachtree Ridge we saw last week. Knox Catholic came out like they were Oregon. Their tempo gave CPA fits early. But key mistakes against CPA will get you beat. The 80 yard pick six early turned the game around. CPA is fundamentally sound and does not beat themselves.

Also CPA went with a very balanced attack tonight after grind it out wins vs Alcoa and Peachtree Ridge. Weatherly complete yes about 70% of his passes tonight. As soon as CPA started to pass Knox Catholic did not have an answer. They sold out to stop the run and Weatherly beat them through the air and then the passing game set up big plays in the run game as well.

Most surprising play of the night was Chip Oner's 2nd long TD run. He out ram Amari Rodgers on an 80 yard TD run. He Had a 79 yard TD run earlier as well.

Barrett had 93 yard kick off return last week against all those SEC / ACC commits at Peachtree Ridge.

Everyone that was in the stadium was surprised by the speed of Omer.

They shouldn't have been. The kid has been doing that for two years. Omer is a very very fast HS player. Coach Martin is very high on the kid and he has several schools interested in him including some SEC schools. Edited by Playerscoach