William Blount Governors vs. Dobyns-Bennett Indians

Governm

Let's see what the third game looks like then things will start to fall into place. Gov last year I did a lot of research because I'm a numbers wiz and 85% of the games played on any given Friday Night were blowouts. It becomes very clear who will do what after the third week. Give me forty games to pick this week and I will hit 80% next week I will hit 85% and the following week 90% the rest of the way. I'm good at numbers Gov.  I can go to a football game and look at the clock and tell you in a second if it is 10 minute or 8 minute quarters.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see what the third game looks like then things will start to fall into place. Gov last year I did a lot of research because I'm a numbers wiz and 85% of the games played on any given Friday Night were blowouts. It becomes very clear who will do what after the third week. Give me forty games to pick this week and I will hit 80% next week I will hit 85% and the following week 90% the rest of the way. I'm good at numbers Gov. I can go to a football game and look at the clock and tell you in a second if it is 10 minute or 8 minute quarters.

Ok Barney.....

According to your logic WB should just forfeit the rest of the season if they lose to DB (the team that is the favorite to finish 2nd in the district) . I mean you seem to know your stuff. You picked Heritage to win 8 games and they just gave up 53 points to a young rebuilding Anderson Co team. And I guess since Jefferson Co will get curbstomped by Maryville this week they should forfeit too. I mean it is the 3rd week after all... And you said it yourself that the 3rd week will tell you what you can expect from a team for the rest of the year.

Edited by Governors91

Ok Barney.....

According to your logic WB should just forfeit the rest of the season if they lose to DB (the team that is the favorite to finish 2nd in the district) . I mean you seem to know your stuff. You picked Heritage to win 8 games and they just gave up 53 points to a young rebuilding Anderson Co team. And I guess since Jefferson Co will get curbstomped by Maryville this week they should forfeit too. I mean it is the 3rd week after all... And you said it yourself that the 3rd week will tell you what you can expect from a team for the rest of the year.

Gov I said my percentages would climb as the season progressed. You never know what anyone is going to have if you base it all off of last year. It takes about three weeks to get a good feel. I was told by someone I trust very much that the Alcoa and WB game could have been a different game if a few things had not happened. When I think of a team that has a good defense but a lack luster offense I think of Hardin Valley. That is where WB is headed when everything shakes out in my opinion because Shad don't have any Jauan Jennings or will ever have and when he did they still lost to Maryville.

Edited by BarneySox2007

Gov I said my percentages would climb as the season progressed. You never know what anyone is going to have if you base it all off of last year. It takes about three weeks to get a good feel. I was told by someone I trust very much that the Alcoa and WB game could have been a different game if a few things had not happened. When I think of a team that has a good defense but a lack luster offense I think of Hardin Valley. That is where WB is headed when everything shakes out in my opinion because Shad don't have any Jauan Jennings or will ever have and when he did they still lost to Maryville.

Barney,

Yes it could have been a different game. If we hadn't given up big Sacks at the wrong times we would have probably scored more points and it would have been a much closer game. And lackluster offense? The Govs do not have lackluster talent on offense. When we get better on the offensive line we will be very hard to stop and we will improve in that area every week. Point taken about Jajaun Jennings but you don't win games with one player. You win with a team.

Edited by Governors91

They could get better every week but the schedule is going to be tough. I didn't say they would get slaughtered by every team. I look for this to be a big rebuilding year and see next year as their year.

Barney,

Contrary to what most on here believe I think Shad is being dead serious when he says the team goal is to host a playoff game. I think he looked at the schedule, looked at our team personal, and saw that it was possible for this team to do that. I think we have a shot against everyone left on the schedule except Maryville and have a really good shot against everyone but Maryville, Dobyns Bennett, and Science Hill. If we beat everyone but those teams it will put us right at our goal of hosting a playoff game.

Barney,

This WB team has improved alot too and you don't seem to be giving them any credit. It's true that Alcoa probably isn't quite as good as they have been but they will still contend for a state championship. You know that as well as I do. And WB competed with them and held them to 225 yards rushing. Furthermore we didn't give up any homerun plays for scores and made them work hard for all of those points. They only really hurt us when they put the ball in the Big App State Commits hands and forced it down our throats. He scored 3 of their 5 TDs. But they could not get outside on our defense! Our defense is 10 times better than it was at anytime last year and that's probably being conservative. Our only real problem is the O-line. And Alcoa has monsters on defense. So they were a bad matchup for us. Most teams we play aren't going to have D-lines of that caliber. So I wish you would take that into account before you write in Bearden as a loss because they are a worldbeater because they have beaten the 2 worst teams in Knoxville.

I wouldn't call them "world beaters" but the last time I checked, I could call them "Gov beaters"

I wouldn't call them "world beaters" but the last time I checked, I could call them "Gov beaters"

Last year has no bearing on this year. The fact is our team did not care about that game. They had failed to reach their goal of making the playoffs and felt like they had nothing to play for and it showed. Their attitude was a product of the culture. Sort of like when the Vols lost to Kentucky under Dooley. Guess what? That culture is gone. If Shad had been our coach last year that disaster would have never happened. He wasn't and it did happen but all that matters is he here now.

Let's see what the third game looks like then things will start to fall into place. Gov last year I did a lot of research because I'm a numbers wiz and 85% of the games played on any given Friday Night were blowouts. It becomes very clear who will do what after the third week. Give me forty games to pick this week and I will hit 80% next week I will hit 85% and the following week 90% the rest of the way. I'm good at numbers Gov. I can go to a football game and look at the clock and tell you in a second if it is 10 minute or 8 minute quarters.

Gotta go with barn on this one. He has a solid track record